The Falcon Ace (7/14/2008)
I heard issues a while back concerning him not showing motivation or simply not putting all his heart into the game, if this is the case then maybe we could see Jackson/Hutchins combo?

Yeah,grimes might take houstons job.I like the fact we are drafting and signing guys to compete.Have your eggs in different basketts.

GEORGIAfan (7/14/2008)
bigduke633 (7/14/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/14/2008)
Jackson is good cover 2 cb. i dont know what we will go with Houston. he is a shutdown man on man CB, and struggles with coverage.

Shutdown that struggles with coverage?

yep Man on Man corner that struggles with coverage

you mean he struggles in zone coverage

scott hartley (7/14/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/14/2008)
bigduke633 (7/14/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/14/2008)
Jackson is good cover 2 cb. i dont know what we will go with Houston. he is a shutdown man on man CB, and struggles with coverage.

Shutdown that struggles with coverage?

yep Man on Man corner that struggles with coverage

you mean he struggles in zone coverage

yea sorry. zone coverage he struggles with, and thats what we are gonna do with our corners most of the time.

jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)
I personally think Grimes and Jacksonwill beour two best corners eventually. But as of right now, it's probably Grimes and Houston to start the season.

lol, based off what? Have you even really seen Grimes play? Another thing is we don't have to have the best corners in a cover 2. Can you name any of the colts corners? They do well in there cover 2 and they really aren't that talented.

xSICKxWITHxITx (7/15/2008)
jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)
I personally think Grimes and Jacksonwill beour two best corners eventually. But as of right now, it's probably Grimes and Houston to start the season.

lol, based off what, have you even really seen Grimes play? Another thing is we don't have to have the best corners in a cover 2. Can you name any of the colts corners? They do well in there cover 2 and not real talented.

Terrence Newman #41...lol..just remember him from when he gave laurent that thanksgiving pop...training camp will sort everything out

norwoodfan2132 (7/15/2008)
jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)

lol, based off what, have you even really seen Grimes play? Another thing is we don't have to have the best corners in a cover 2. Can you name any of the colts corners? They do well in there cover 2 and not real talented.

Terrence Newman #41...lol..just remember him from when he gave laurent that thanksgiving pop...training camp will sort everything out

No Newman plays for the cowboys.

jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)

wow..idk what came over me..i just thought #41=Newman lol..i meant bethea..and i see that he is a saftey..so nevermind...u got me :unsure:

jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)

wow..idk what came over me..i just thought #41=Newman lol..i meant bethea..and i see that he isa saftey..so nevermind...u got me :unsure:

lol, its cool most people probably couldn't name them without looking it up. The only reason I know is because I'm big into football and I do a lot of research and stuff.

Marlin Jackson would prob be the most popular then kelvin hayden, hughes and then jennings.

jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)
I personally think Grimes and Jacksonwill be our two best corners eventually. But as of right now, it's probably Grimes and Houston to start the season.

lol, based off what? Have you even really seen Grimes play? Another thing is we don't have to have the best corners in a cover 2. Can you name any of the colts corners? They do well in there cover 2 and they really aren't that talented.

Yea, he played in the Arizona game last year.

jlaw 1500 (7/14/2008)

wow..idk what came over me..i just thought #41=Newman lol..i meant bethea..and i see that he isa saftey..so nevermind...u got me :unsure:

lol, its cool most people probably couldn't name them without looking it up. The only reason I know is because I'm big into football and I do a lot of research and stuff.

Marlin Jackson would prob be the most popular then kelvin hayden, hughes and then jennings.

Marlin Jackson is a heckuva player though so it's not as if they have no talent, they just aren't that well known, I think Marlin was a first round pick.

bigduke633 (7/14/2008)
Im watching the LU vs Kentucky  game from 2007.Chevis picked woodson on a comeback.He anticipated the throw better than the wr.So does von hutchins or jackson start with houston?

i like chevis jackson alot. i think he will be our best cover guy this season. he has great cover skills and he plays the ball very well with great anticipation.

with all that said. I think Houston will pick up the slack this year. If no one noticed Houston is not a very flashy guy. He is queit and last season he came to a S-H-I-T show and was not in a leadership role(i wouldnt want to be a leader in that locker room last year either). This year is different he is in a leadership role and he is a pro and he prolly just went through the worst year of his career. Houston wont have to be a shut down this year which will let him loose a lil bit more and show his counterpart WRs just how fast he is and how hard he can pop you. Houston will be good this year. Im more worried about the over the top help. Hopefully the vets can show the young safties how to seal over the top and force the QB to check down. Im looking for houston to put some bruises on some wideouts. 23 and 32 baby!

I sure hope Jackson proves to be good enough to start at one corner. He's just 6'0", but all the others are like 5'9" or 5'10".  No matter how skilled they may be, it's hard to cover alot of the big receivers (i.e.Plaxico, TO, Calvin, etc.) consistently, giving up so much height.  Some say size isn't important -- but all the women I know say otherwise.

chuck (7/15/2008)
I sure hope Jackson proves to be good enough to start at one corner. He's just 6'0", but all the others are like 5'9" or 5'10".  No matter how skilled they may be, it's hard to cover alot of the big receivers (i.e.Plaxico, TO, Calvin, etc.) consistently, giving up so much height.  Some say size isn't important -- but all the women I know say otherwise.

The average corner is like 5'10, so Chevis Jackson being 6'0 is good size.

chuck (7/15/2008)
I sure hope Jackson proves to be good enough to start at one corner. He's just 6'0", but all the others are like 5'9" or 5'10". No matter how skilled they may be, it's hard to cover alot of the big receivers (i.e.Plaxico, TO, Calvin,etc.) consistently, giving up so much height. Some say size isn't important -- but all the women I know say otherwise.

Most receivers like to play against tall corners, because they are easier to beat. So being 5'9 or 5'10 is good for a corner. Chad Johnson one time said he loved playing against tall corners, I believe he is 6'1.

chuck (7/15/2008)

Its a fine line,I saw a interview with chad johnson and he felt bigger corners could cut or run with him.Being physical and haveing good hips is more important than the vertical size.