Anyone notice how stiff and uncomfortable Ryan is around people just cutting loose and having fun?

buckeyes (7/13/2008)
The Falcon Ace (7/13/2008)
Now you're just making crap up in order to attempt to hate on him.

This is just my honest impression of him but I don't know him and is not meant to be hating on him, sorry if you take it that way. Did he go to private school? He strikes me as not being in the public school system as a child.

I know this might get me banned but Oh Well.........

YOU ****!!! I went to a private school and learned what is called MANNERS from my parents. I work my ##### off to support my family and live a good middle class lifestyle. I smoked my share of dope and drank my share of beer, just like my friends at the public schools. AND, might I add, I sit here with a dip of Skoal, reading posts from ignorant ##### like you. He has something which maybe YOU aren't used to.........manners and class. ( and THAT is just my honest impression of you......since I don't know you and all, not meaning to hate on you )

Oh well, that being said......I guess this may be my last post, Dangit I had just gotten past the "newbie" status!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buckeyes (7/13/2008)
He seems so Ivy Leaguish and high society type.  It must be from growing up in a northern upper class family life style and not being around the average Joe's of the world. 

I have seen him playing around a good bit.Sounds like some stereo typeing.

Kevin B (7/13/2008)
buckeyes (7/13/2008)
The Falcon Ace (7/13/2008)
Now you're just making crap up in order to attempt to hate on him.

This is just my honest impression of him but I don't know him and is not meant to be hating on him, sorry if you take it that way. Did he go to private school? He strikes me as not being in the public school system as a child.

I know this might get me banned but Oh Well.........

YOU ****!!! I went to a private school and learned what is called MANNERS from my parents. I work my ##### off to support my family and live a good middle class lifestyle. I smoked my share of dope and drank my share of beer, just like my friends at the public schools. AND, might I add, I sit here with a dip of Skoal, reading posts from ignorant ##### like you. He has something which maybe YOU aren't used to.........manners and class. ( and THAT is just my honest impression of you......since I don't know you and all, not meaning to hate on you )

Oh well, that being said......I guess this may be my last post, Dangit I had just gotten past the "newbie" status!!

LOL I have heard much worse and people haven't gotten banned. Plus this place is lightly moderated. That's not your last post.
buckeyes (7/13/2008)
He seems so Ivy Leaguish and high society type.  It must be from growing up in a northern upper class family life style and not being around the average Joe's of the world. 

Who do you want Matt to pretend to be like?

I hope he doesn't PRETEND to be like anybody but himself.

We had a pretender with that last guy. He turned out not to be any of the things he pretended to be.

Sheesh, At least give him a bit of time, they aren't even in camp yet..

Matt Ryan did infact go to the William Penn Charter school, in suburban Philidelphia. It is indeed a very wealthy and priveledged private school. And although we think of Philidelphia as a tough and blue collar town, it nevertheless has some of wealthiest suburbs in the country. I dont attribute his restained manner to his posh upbringing though, rather it's simply his natural personality. You just gotta be yourself I guess.

ytc (7/14/2008)
Matt Ryan did infact go to the William Penn Charter school, in suburban Philidelphia. It is indeed a very wealthy and priveledged private school. And although we think of Philidelphia as a tough and blue collar town, it nevertheless has some of wealthiest suburbs in the country. I dont attribute his restained manner to his posh upbringing though, rather it's simply his natural personality. You just gotta be yourself I guess.

Ok, so my impression is correct.  No big deal.  He will get more comfortable with the average Joe's over time.:P

FalcMan384 (7/13/2008)
Matt is in a position unlike any other player in the NFL. If he does one thing wrong, puts one foot out of line, then both him and the Falcons are in for some very serious media trouble. He is doing everything he should be doing. I have been so impressed with him and wouldn't have him do anything differently. He will ease up to the media and the spotlight, but I'm glad he hasn't cut loose yet or anything. He needs to be very careful and so far he has been.

uMMM McFly its only been a month.....

atlballer (7/14/2008)
FalcMan384 (7/13/2008)
Matt is in a position unlike any other player in the NFL. If he does one thing wrong, puts one foot out of line, then both him and the Falcons are in for some very serious media trouble. He is doing everything he should be doing. I have been so impressed with him and wouldn't have him do anything differently. He will ease up to the media and the spotlight, but I'm glad he hasn't cut loose yet or anything. He needs to be very careful and so far he has been.

uMMM McFly its only been a month.....

That's right...if he were living up to your standards Atlballer, we would give him 5-6 years before he can flip anyone off, or get caught in a dog-fighting ring

Seriously....can we have a pre-screening before people post stuff....this is just sad. Everyone that comes across the guy says how impressed they are with him as a person, (football aside) so how is that "high society"? Does he need to wear a camo hat and chew tobacco for him to fit in the south? Sorry he isn't "Bubba Jimbob" enough for you...

seamill returns (7/14/2008)
Seriously....can we have a pre-screening before people post stuff....this is just sad. Everyone that comes across the guy says how impressed they are with him as a person, (football aside) so how is that "high society"? Does he need to wear a camo hat and chew tobacco for him to fit in the south? Sorry he isn't "Bubba Jimbob" enough for you...

Hi, my name is Peyton Manning, and my name is Peyton Manning. I think that Matt Ryan guy seems like a pretty good guy. He has a good brain on his shoulders. He kinda reminds me of that Tom Brady or Peyton Manning kid, pretty good if I so say so myself. Hopefully, with that good brain in his head he can be good like that Tom Brady guy, and if he really is as good as he can be he might just end up like that Peyton Manning fella. This is Peyton Manning, giving his expert opinion, my name is Peyton Manning, good night.

buckeyes (7/14/2008)
ytc (7/14/2008)

Ok, so my impression is incorrect. No big deal. I will get more comfortable with the average Joe's over time.:P

1st I fixed your quote

2nd Sorry buckeyes but I can tell you first-hand that you're impression of him is wrong.

Have you even met M Ryan, in person? I'm guessing NO.

I did meet Ryan along w/ all the other rookies @ Perimeter mall for a signing /meet & greet he was very laid back & approachable. He was wearing filp-flops & a T-shirt not a suit & tie.

Ryan was cool w/ having his picture taken w/ a everyone's the kids & was hanging out answering questions & shaking hands.

All of the rookies were cool & having a good time, Ryan was just another one of them hanging out & meeting the fans.

buckeyes (7/13/2008)

I have not yet had the pleasure to hang out with him or anyone that knows him. But I think he might be worried about all the eyes that are on him when he's out and about. He probably doesn't want to get caught up.

I'd rather have a tough, hard working, intelligent stiff guy in the foxhole than some loose, cornpone simpleton. I don't care if Matt Ryan shares a Bud with me. He's an early 20 something millionaire getting mega-paid to do what he loves. Not many of us are going to easily relate to him and become his best buddy 4-Life. And besides...I can say this as a Southerner....there's lots of stiffs down south as well.