Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Packers coach Mike McCarthy says he received a text message from Brett Favre on June 20 saying "Give me my helmet or give me my release

8 posts in this topic

Packers coach Mike McCarthy says he received a text message from Brett Favre on June 20 saying "Give me my helmet or give me my release....So dramatic. McCarthy said even then, however, Favre admitted he wasn't fully committed to playing. Not until Tuesday's conference call did Favre seem sure he wants back in the NFL. "That was the first time, July 8, that I'd ever heard him say (he was committed)," McCarthy said. "And he continually, from (June) 21 to July 8, told (offensive line coach) James Campen that he was not going to play. So, that's a pretty important piece of the puzzle."

come on now farve..... you are better then that

Who cares? This has nothing to do with the Falcons. He will NEVER come back to Atlanta to play. He wants to win a SB and we are too far away from that at this time.

sogafan (7/13/2008)
Who cares? This has nothing to do with the Falcons. He will NEVER come back to Atlanta to play. He wants to win a SB and we are too far away from that at this time.

Yes but unless he is released he can't choose where the Pack send him, via trade or whatnot.

Who do we have that we would be willing to trade for him? We need all the good players that we have. Maybe we could get them to take Joe Horn for him.

sogafan (7/13/2008)
Who do we have that we would be willing to trade for him? We need all the good players that we have. Maybe we could get them to take Joe Horn for him.

They may trade him for a 7th round pick to us as punishment.

atljbo (7/13/2008)
Packers coach Mike McCarthy says he received a text message from Brett Favre on June 20 saying "Give me my helmet or give me my release....So dramatic. McCarthy said even then, however, Favre admitted he wasn't fully committed to playing. Not until Tuesday's conference call did Favre seem sure he wants back in the NFL. "That was the first time, July 8, that I'd ever heard him say (he was committed)," McCarthy said. "And he continually, from (June) 21 to July 8, told (offensive line coach) James Campen that he was not going to play. So, that's a pretty important piece of the puzzle."

come on now farve..... you are better then that

My bad JBO. You said he was starting something ugly the other day. You were definitely right.