seriously...how dumb football players can be? Vick, Favre, Jones, Henry...

No more headaches with TD.

DHall is out. Jwilliams is out.

But seriously speaking...I can't believe these men can be so stupid.

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

Henry and his drugs (and his 8 sons...)

Matt Jones and his drug-cuttin-credit card

Brett Favre and his stupid drama

JWilliams and his weight/cellular story

And many others (rape, drugs, DUI, guns)

Are football players the dumbest athletes around?

I'm glad TD is trying to clean the house...

I hear baseball players are stupider. I have an Oxford educated buddy who played a little minor league, very briefly, he said the ignorance of the players killed the love of the game for him. He was a QB in high school and always said his football teammates were like astrophysicists compared to the minor leaguers he knew. Maybe it's the longer season that keeps the baseball players from getting arrested as much.

At least football players can use the helmet to helmet contact as an excuse.

Hey I'm not a junior anymore!

paulitik (7/13/2008)
I hear baseball players are stupider. I have an Oxford educated buddy who played a little minor league, very briefly, he said the ignorance of the players killed the love of the game for him. He was a QB in high school and always said his football teammates were like astrophysicists compared to the minor leaguers he knew. Maybe it's the longer season that keeps the baseball players from getting arrested as much.

At least football players can use the helmet to helmet contact as an excuse.

Hey I'm not a junior anymore!

:D

Good reply

heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

THE NAME FOR THEM IS "PEOPLE." PEOPLE DO STUPID THINGS. I BET IF YOU REALLY TRAVELED NOT SO FAR IN YOUR MEMORY, YOU CAN REMEMBER SOMETHING STUPID YOU DID. WE ALL HAVE DONE STUPID THINGS. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND CAUSES TO THEM, BUT THEY WERE STUPID THINGS. SOMETIMES IT'S CRIMINAL THE WAY WE TREAT EACH OTHER, THE WAY WE THINK OF EACH OTHER. THERE IS SOME KIND OF STUPID DRAMA PLAYING OUT RIGHT NOW IN OUR LIVES. THESE ON THIS LIST ...... THEY ARE CALLED "PEOPLE." GUESS WHAT ..... WE'RE PEOPLE TOO. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT WE CAN CLEAN FROM THE HOUSE. LET'S START IN THE HOUSES OF OUR MINDS.;)

heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

I think Throwing Brett Favre's current situation into the mix of those other names is a bit of a stretch. . ..

QUite a bit of one. .

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

In my job I come in contact with the full spectrum of people, so trust me when I say this.

STUPID comes in all shapes, sizes, sexes, races, religions, national origins and regions.

STUPID is an equal opportunity affliction. I'm not passing judgment on them, but calling them as I see them. That said, I still treat each and every one of them how I wish to be treated.

Yeah, these guys spend their whole life working towards a goal and when they finally achieve it they screw up. I think the NFL is doing the right thing by trying to educate the rookies but they need to do more. Maybe they could get some kind of relief in college so they are not so money starved when they get to the pros. I mean these guys make the NCAA billions and the players have to scrape just to get by. So when they get these contracts it's like winning the lotto to them. There is still no excuse for the violence. They have to realize that they are accountable for their actions and that they are not special in the eyes of the law.

financial education should be mandatory,I mean a car is the worst investment there is and they go out and buy 10 of them just to look cool. It isn't very cool when you made millions and within 5 years your broke. Well at least you got on MTV's Cribbs. Hopefully with all these arrests lately these players will realize it can all be gone in a flash and they could be living in their mama's house that he bought her. Just my thoughts, I don't know s*** anyway.:D

13 days I think time is actually goin backwards.

lets get it on already!!!!

Its all about doing the right thing!  These players are in the spotlight now and now need to be more responsible and respectable. Believe it or not, they are also roll models for alot of people out there.

I mean really!.....how hard is it to do the right thing!!  If you know its wrong and or illegal....then dont do it!!!!

Respect yourselves, respect your surroundings, respect LIFE!

REV.2000 (7/13/2008)
heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

THE NAME FOR THEM IS "PEOPLE." PEOPLE DO STUPID THINGS. I BET IF YOU REALLY TRAVELED NOT SO FAR IN YOUR MEMORY, YOU CAN REMEMBER SOMETHING STUPID YOU DID. WE ALL HAVE DONE STUPID THINGS. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND CAUSES TO THEM, BUT THEY WERE STUPID THINGS. SOMETIMES IT'S CRIMINAL THE WAY WE TREAT EACH OTHER, THE WAY WE THINK OF EACH OTHER. THERE IS SOME KIND OF STUPID DRAMA PLAYING OUT RIGHT NOW IN OUR LIVES. THESE ON THIS LIST ...... THEY ARE CALLED "PEOPLE." GUESS WHAT ..... WE'RE PEOPLE TOO. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT WE CAN CLEAN FROM THE HOUSE. LET'S START IN THE HOUSES OF OUR MINDS.;)

your exactly nright in that everyone makes mistakes. some make more critical mistakes than others. the isue is that the media mainly wants stories that they can sell and make a buck on. so who better to use than those people that are already in the spotlight whether it be singers, movie stars, atheletes, etc.the more wealthier one is the better the sale for the media

heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

nope, they are just normal people. normal people have problems. judge not, you have done things as well

chifalc (7/13/2008)

I think Throwing Brett Favre's current situation into the mix of those other names is a bit of a stretch. . ..

QUite a bit of one. .

Word it's a huge stretch, and I wouldn't mind having the problems that Green Bay is having considering what this franchise has been through in its entire history.

sogafan (7/13/2008)
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

In my job I come in contact with the full spectrum of people, so trust me when I say this.

STUPID comes in all shapes, sizes, sexes, races, religions, national origins and regions.

STUPID is an equal opportunity affliction. I'm not passing judgment on them, but calling them as I see them. That said, I still treat each and every one of them how I wish to be treated.

I agree whole heartedly! I am a Vick fan and I love his football abilities but good grief... he made some dumb decisions! You see Matt Jones recently? STUPID comes in all shapes, sizes etc...

chifalc (7/13/2008)
heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

QUite a bit of one. .

He is 38, rich and famous

He will probably go to Canton

He can walk after 250 starts in the NFL

He had his giant farewell with tears, media and the entire show

Now he wants to play again

This guy has no clue about his life after football

It's just sad

One day he will HAVE to quit

That day isn't far even if he comes back this year

It's a sad drama for him and his family

heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

Not just a problem with athletes...it's a problem with the human race...IMO.

heretic (7/13/2008)

Vick and his dogs

Pacman and his clubs

They're given every thing early in life at about 15.. Including the cheerleaders...:hehe::D:D

They've been dumbed and doped down to question some of the perks and respect they been given until they've become professionals, and cannot get-away with it anymore.

Women are easy early, but difficult to get rid late without paying money (divorce, hush money). Their main woman wives better understand that in these tight economic times that more women scammers, groupies, and whores will be after them.

Some athletes just deal with high-end prositutes..

At every level, they do understand that people build them up in order to get something from them later: High School Coach, girl, friends, etc.. It repeats in college. The Pros its happening too, until it makes more money for a TV station to report their faults.

It profits the media to report instead of covering-up, or ignoring the incidents in the past.

The Media knows that the common worker loves to hear about these guys wasting-away their carreers.

Just like ancient Greece and Rome, gladiators/athletes take the ills of the nation away.

In the US.. It's like friendly battle between cities for national supremacy (something that won't happen elsewhere).