This Favre thing is not only getting old...............

Bring It

Enough !!

Now we hear how the Packers have been "toyed with" by Mr. Football for what.............the past 2 years ??  This guy has wanted to retire off and on since Nixon was President !!!

He says he can play...........but doesn't want to..............then he changes his mind..............doesn't want any more OTA's..............possibly a limited training camp..............says he can work out better at home..............AT  A  HIGH  SCHOOL  !!!!

Geeze, the guy makes $12 milliom a year.  TWELVE  MILLION.

Talk about being a spoiled brat.

Picture this :  A Navy Seal officer (who probably makes $50 thousand / year)...........demands to his commanding officers that he doesn't want to train with the rest of the Seal Team............doesn't need to because of his experience. He'll just show up on the day of the mission. They would have him examined by a military psychiatrist and then discharged.

WHAT LEADERSHIP  !!!

These millionaire spoiled baby athletes are so **** out of touch with the real world ..............it's at a new level impossible to describe.

Then you hear these demented cheese heads and talking heads on sport radio shows today, actually feeling sorry for this baby they call Bret Favre. Beyond belief.

Give me a break !!!

Thompson confirmed he and McCarthy were prepared to meet with Favre, who said he was interested in rescinding his retirement, in late March. Favre cancelled the meeting, telling Thompson and McCarthy that he had changed his mind and wanted to stay retired. Thompson said he and McCarthy were ready to accept Favre's return to the NFL at that time.

"Yes, we were going to leave the owners' meeting [in West Palm Bech, Fla.] a day early and fly to Hattiesburg with the idea of sitting down and talking to him about coming back to the team," Thompson said.

When Favre cancelled the meeting the Packers mentally moved on with Rodgers as quarterback. Then, the team drafted two quarterbacks -- Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn. Thompson said he still might have drafted a quarterback had Favre returned but he wouldn't have used two draft choices on quarterbacks.

Seems like if he wanted to come back, he should have said something then. It's really unfair to the Packers and especially to Rogers to keep doing this...

I would say that Favre is a man staring middle age in the face.  He is also selfish.  I really feel sorry for the Rogers kid.  He has basically held the cheeseheads hostage for years constantly threatening to retire then miraculously come back.  I am surprised Rogers didn't fly out to Mississippi and whoop his azz.  It would drive me crazy.  Not only does he have to follow in the footsteps of a legend and HoF'er, that said HoF'er WON'T FRIGGING LEAVE!

Over all I have to say that you can't really compare real working folks to athletes.  They are paid to work out, excel at a sport and largely die at an early age.  They have the ability to hold owners hostage for more jack.  Because their talents are unique.  And in certain quarters of the real world, some emplyees have that pull as well.  A topnotch lawyer can probably do that.  But a guy working 9 to 5 can be replaced at will as there are millions of average people.  An top notch athlete is unique and hard to find.  They represent such a small percentage of the world that it creates a huge demand for their talents.  IF you and I were only that lucky.  If I ask my boss for a raise or I will walk out, he'd say "Don't let the screen door hit'ya where the good Lord Split'cha".  He'd replace me in short order.  It makes you jealous of the pro's for sure.  ANd Favre regrettably cannot walk away with dignity and just accept that he should retire and walk away a legend.  Now his legacy is tarnished.  Walk away Bret, let the kid do his thing. 

BRETT IS ONE OF THE BRAVEST QB's I'VE EVER SEEN. BUT WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HIM NOW IS FEAR. FEAR OF LIFE WITHOUT FOOTBALL. BRETT HAS NO DOUBT NEVER PLANED FOR LIFE AFTER FOOTBALL. AND NOW IT'S A FRIGHTENING PROPOSITION. IT'S NOT JUST THE MONEY, IT'S THE GAME AND THE FAME. THE ATTENTION THAT HE GETS. HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE WILL ALWAYS HAVE FAME AND HE WILL ALWAYS GET ATTENTION BECAUSE HE'S BRETT FAVRE, EVEN WITHOUT FOOTBALL. BRETT'S A GOOD GUY. FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN WILL CONFUSE YOU. HE'LL MASTER IT JUST LIKE HE DID THE QUARTERBACK POSITION.;)

Bring It (7/14/2008)
Shaud (7/14/2008)
If you're tired of hearing about him then why do you keep bumping this thread up?

Isn't it time for your nap ??

Oh the irony, I'm not the one starting a thread whining like a little girl about another man getting attention.

Maybe it's time for your nap ma'am, I'm just fine.

Shaud (7/14/2008)
Bring It (7/14/2008)
Shaud (7/14/2008)
If you're tired of hearing about him then why do you keep bumping this thread up?

Isn't it time for your nap ??

Oh the irony, I'm not the one starting a thread whining like a little girl about another man getting attention.

Maybe it's time for your nap ma'am, I'm just fine.

Hey............I'm offering FREE entertainment here. No charge. Nada.

Be nice.

ol'_dirty2 (7/14/2008)
brvslugger10 (7/13/2008)
BREAKING NEWS!!.....

Brett Favre has just flushed the toilet!

- Reported by ESPN's Chris Mortenson.

THIS JUST IN...

On the heels of the initial flush, it appears that a second flush was required.:w00t:

Must've been corn in it then... :hehe: