Matt Jones bust with Cocaine

falconfaninfresno

falconfaninfresno (7/10/2008)
It seems like every week guys are getting busted for DUI, drugs, domestic violence (pet violence).  Where is our league going?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amhm...p&type=lgns

White, Black, Green or Blue! There are some real morons in the NFL! Pac Man,(or what ever his name is now) Vick and now Matt Jones. These people have taken away money from people much more deserving. Let'em flip hamburgers at Micky D's, see how they like that! To waist God given talent like that has to be a sin somewhere!:sick:

Well, with 90 man rosters x 32 teams you have 2880 platers.

With the final 53 man rosters x 32 teams you've got 1700 players.

At any given time you have only 20 or 30 players who are trouble making jerks, so the percentage is pretty small over all.

The "talking head" press has to moan and groan about something...........there's so **** many of THEM.

Not to worry.

Caddieman (7/10/2008)
It seems like every week guys are getting busted for DUI, drugs, domestic violence (pet violence).  Where is our league going?

White, Black, Green or Blue! There are some real morons in the NFL! Pac Man,(or what ever his name is now) Vick and now Matt Jones. These people have taken away money from people much more deserving. Let'em flip hamburgers at Micky D's, see how they like that! To waist God given talent like that has to be a sin somewhere!:sick:

It's disrespectful to lump Matt Jones in with pacman and vick. Jones was doing recreational drugs. He wasn't killing animals. His actions didn't lead to shootings. If the man wants to get high, then that's his business. He is no less deserving of money than the next player, well, I guess sorta since he's pretty much a bust. lol. I'd be more critical of guys getting DUI's, than guys with minor possession of cocaine.

charlestonchad (7/10/2008)
[it's disrespectful to lump Matt Jones in with pacman and vick. Jones was doing recreational drugs. He wasn't killing animals. His actions didn't lead to shootings. If the man wants to get high, then that's his business. He is no less deserving of money than the next player, well, I guess sorta since he's pretty much a bust. lol. I'd be more critical of guys getting DUI's, than guys with minor possession of cocaine.

Agreed, PacMan and Vick shouldn't be compared with someone like Matt Jones who is in trouble for something that is most likely effecting his life and not doing harm to anyone else. Yes it is stupid these guys need to look at the Len Bias story and maybe it will make them thing twice of using cocaine.

Caddieman (7/10/2008)

It's disrespectful to lump Matt Jones in with pacman and vick. Jones was doing recreational drugs. He wasn't killing animals. His actions didn't lead to shootings. If the man wants to get high, then that's his business. He is no less deserving of money than the next player, well, I guess sorta since he's pretty much a bust. lol. I'd be more critical of guys getting DUI's, than guys with minor possession of cocaine.

Are serious??  Sounds like more than recreational...simply because....you don't recreationally cut up cocaine with a CC sitting in your car....Duh...sounds like an addict to me.  Besides a crime is a crime regardless of the offense....depending on the quantity, it might be a felony....it's hard to tell from the report if he was using or intending to bag it up for distribution....

Caddieman (7/10/2008)

LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh: What is it about FELONY  you don't understand? If Jones gets convicted of a felony possession he will go away MUCH MUCH longer than Vick!.................Disrespectful? Please