Thomas Brown = Ahmad Bradshaw ?

VTCrunkler (7/5/2008)
physically and running styles are similar. lets hope brown can enjoy the same success as bradshaw.

the difference is character. bradshaw is a definite character concern.

i meant running styles and aggressiveness (football skills only)..but yea... i know bradshaw has some character concern

thomas brown will make some waves and i hope he can be as good a runner as bradshaw

atljbo (7/5/2008)
VTCrunkler (7/5/2008)
physically and running styles are similar. lets hope brown can enjoy the same success as bradshaw.

the difference is character. bradshaw is a definite character concern.

i meant running styles and aggressiveness (football skills only)..but yea... i know bradshaw has some character concern

atljbo (7/5/2008)
Is it me or does Thomas Brown remind you of Ahmad Bradshaw... Both are compact, Fast, does great cuts, and can run between the tackles despite their size

5'8' 200lbs Thomas Brown

5'9 198lbs Ahmad Bradshaw

5'8' 200lbs Thomas Brown

Very similar, but my boy TB has to do it on this level and Bradshaw has to sustain what he has done so far before I can continue in this conversation.

Same type of runner a better kid with less problems. Brown may enjoy great success as a change of pace back with Turner and Norwood splitting time and Brown coming in and slashing of the bench and Mughelli as a big power runner we may have one of the most dynamic backfields in the NFL.

monoxide (7/6/2008)
Thomas Brown has to beat out Snelling for the third string spot at running back before he gets any respect from me. A late round pick from Georgia who is the team backup's backup, getting hyped up, shall I compare him to DJ Shockley?

I think we should move Snelling to backup FB, and Brown to 3rd Rb.

ok hes gonna compete for the number 1 spot for PR and KR

but where does he really fit into the running game? we already have a change of pace back in norwood. i thought what we're looking for was more of a power running game, like with turner.

im just saying, hows our running game going to fare if turner is injured. the offense is probably going to have to change to a more pass friendly one.

then again ive never seen thomas brown in a game so im just making assumptions, maybe he can take the load, maybe he can be the next MJD.

GEORGIAfan (7/6/2008)
monoxide (7/6/2008)
Thomas Brown has to beat out Snelling for the third string spot at running back before he gets any respect from me. A late round pick from Georgia who is the team backup's backup, getting hyped up, shall I compare him to DJ Shockley?

I think we should move Snelling to backup FB, and Brown to 3rd Rb.

he can be our 2nd change of pace. He is the same size of willie parker( im not callin him willie parker) and Look at willie in the Steelers offense, which is suppose to be power run.

character concern?

what did you do in college as an annonymous student? not a start athlete!

Or are you even in college yet!!

I did many things in college that I am not necessarily proud of.

How bout you guys?

I am not that same guy. I am sure that bradshaw isn't either. He hasn't been in trouble since then.  He is just cleaning everything up now.

GEORGIAfan (7/6/2008)
trubird. i dont think they are talkin bout Thomas Brown. they are talkin bout Ahmad Bradshaw, but i cant blame him. if i was underage and the popo came, then ID DIP, but i guess we found out that he aint that fast, since he didnt get free.

Um, he said he was talking about Ahmad Bradshaw, lol. He said Ahmad just made a mistake and he's not the same person that he was in college.

magnus23 (7/6/2008)
Crucible02 (7/5/2008)
Thomas Brown really isn't that fast but he is a smart runner and he is super strong. I hope he can contribute quickly.

He did run a 4.42 at his pro-day which is not chopped liver.

Everything I have seen about him says his AVERAGE in the 40 is a 4.55. For a guy his size, he should be running faster than that . I have spent enough time watching him play to know that he doesn't play much faster than a 4.5. BUT, he's a strong runner and he has quick cuts. He's a great athlete and he's tough as nails (has some durability concerns, though). The thing I'm most excited about with Brown is that he has great hands. That makes me feel better from a special teams standpoint because this guy shouldn't be much of a liability from a fumble standpoint. Basically, I trust him fielding the ball and returning it.

amhad bradshaw is an exceptional talent who breaks tackles and is elusive running through the tackles. thomas brown is good but not on his level.

that being said thomas brown will probably be more than a return guy- if his knee holds out

Crucible02 (7/6/2008)
magnus23 (7/6/2008)
Crucible02 (7/5/2008)
Thomas Brown really isn't that fast but he is a smart runner and he is super strong. I hope he can contribute quickly.

He did run a 4.42 at his pro-day which is not chopped liver.

Everything I have seen about him says his AVERAGE in the 40 is a 4.55. For a guy his size, he should be running faster than that . I have spent enough time watching him play to know that he doesn't play much faster than a 4.5. BUT, he's a strong runner and he has quick cuts. He's a great athlete and he's tough as nails (has some durability concerns, though). The thing I'm most excited about with Brown is that he has great hands. That makes me feel better from a special teams standpoint because this guy shouldn't be much of a liability from a fumble standpoint. Basically, I trust him fielding the ball and returning it.