Keith Brooking, HOF'er or not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Brooking is a good player and has a been a great servant to this team, but he's not HOF calibre. Of his generation, he'd be behind guys like Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Zach Thomas, Derrick Brooks and Brian Urlacher for starters.

Jessie Tuggle is more worthy than KB, and I don't see tuggle making it.

I agree with what you said though all the guys you listed with the exemption of Seau and Brooks were middle linebackers. Brooking played most of his career on the weak side were their tackle totals are usually lower than the "mike" backers. Brooking has been a model citizen for us, and has posted good numbers through out his career and has displayed a degree of professionalism associated with playing in the NFL that people expect from a HOF'er. I'm not saying that he belongs there, just that it should be at least be mentioned.

ukfalc (7/5/2008)
No. Brooking is a good player and has a been a great servant to this team, but he's not HOF calibre. Of his generation, he'd be behind guys like Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Zach Thomas, Derrick Brooks and Brian Urlacher for starters.

Jessie Tuggle is more worthy than KB, and I don't see tuggle making it.

And none of these players are on the level of Tommy Nobis' jockstrap either and he's not in and yes, that includes Ray Lewis...

ftwfalconsfan (7/5/2008)
I think with his 5 Pro Bowl appearances Brooking has an outside shot of making the Hall. Either way he sure does deserve a banner in the Falcons Ring of Honor next to Nobis, Bart, Van Note, and Tuggle.

considering the HOF doesn't let in low-budget players like Brooking I'd say he has a 0.0 %chance to make it in.

the fact that you even brought this up is a clear example of poor football acumen

Guest Gritz
Jigga Donkey (7/5/2008)
ftwfalconsfan (7/5/2008)
I think with his 5 Pro Bowl appearances Brooking has an outside shot of making the Hall. Either way he sure does deserve a banner in the Falcons Ring of Honor next to Nobis, Bart, Van Note, and Tuggle.

considering the HOF doesn't let in low-budget players like Brooking I'd say he has a 0.0 %chance to make it in.

the fact that you even brought this up is a clear example of poor football acumen

JIGGA TROLL!!!

You can't even answer a simple question posed by a thread without reacting like a 16 year old menstruating girl who has been turned down for the prom can you?

Jigga Donkey (7/5/2008)
ftwfalconsfan (7/5/2008)

Judging by the number of negative posts you make suggests that you are the one with poor football acumen as well a low IQ.

Brooking played most of his career on the weak side were their tackle totals are usually lower than the "mike" backers.

Do you mean entire Football career, (including Tech), or as a Falcon?  I remember him playing MLB more than OLB.

And as for the "Hall..."

1. Ga Hall of Fame... probably.

2. Pro Football..... doubtful.

Sun Tzu 7 (7/5/2008)
Brooking played most of his career on the weak side were their tackle totals are usually lower than the "mike" backers.

Do you mean entire Football career, (including Tech), or asa Falcon? I remember him playing MLB more than OLB.

And as for the "Hall..."

1.Ga Hall of Fame... probably.

2. Pro Football..... doubtful.

As a Falcon.

g-dawg (7/5/2008)
I don't even think Keith Brooking deserves to be in Falcons Ring of Honor - but he probably will get let in just on it being a popularity contest.

Keith Brooking is not 1/2 the linebacker that Jessie Tuggle was. Jessie would "lay the wood".

I agree with this statement...I don't know if I'd mind so much about the ring of honor if he wore a number other than 56.  But that is such an iconic number for the position - I'd prefer to see someone else have a shot at greatness in it.  Brooking only reached goodness.

g-dawg (7/5/2008)
I don't even think Keith Brooking deserves to be in Falcons Ring of Honor - but he probably will get let in just on it being a popularity contest.

Keith Brooking is not 1/2 the linebacker that Jessie Tuggle was. Jessie would "lay the wood".

g ,  Dude!  That's the most out of line comment I have ever heard you post , Wow!  Somthing stinks with that statment , how could you say he don't even need to be in the ROH , I think he will be in THOF IMO. Some times i just don't get these anti Brooking post , as good as he is , but then I have to come to the conclution of there being only one reason why anybody could say that and it aint a very good reason.