WHO IS THE MOST EXCITING PLAYER IN THE NFC SOUTH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz
whodatchick (7/5/2008)
Although the NFL may consider the NFC South "basement dwellers"......there are still some very talented players. After reading these replies, I have one thing to say. Put the kool-aid down. Let's be for real fellas...Norwood????? Get it together!!
Hey playah......I'd take the under-hyped Jerious Norwood over the seriously over-hyped Reggie Bush-league any day of the week.........;):w00t:
gritblitzer (7/5/2008)
whodatchick (7/5/2008)
Although the NFL may consider the NFC South "basement dwellers"......there are still some very talented players. After reading these replies, I have one thing to say. Put the kool-aid down. Let's be for real fellas...Norwood????? Get it together!!
Hey playah......I'd take the under-hyped Jerious Norwood over the seriously over-hyped Reggie Bush-league any day of the week.........;):w00t:

same here!

I'd take Norwood over Bush anytime, anywhere and in any situation. If Bush hadn't gone to USC (where he lied and cheated) with its media machine, we wouldn't have heard a thing about him. In 3 years he'll be lucky to still be in the league as a PR or KR.

Are you people crazy??? This is the most homerism I see on any board. A back up scat back being the most exciting in the NFC south??? I would have gone with ABE if I was to pick a falcon or even Boley. But NORWOOD!!! ARE you Jokeing?? 1st he is not in Steve Smith league not even in the same state ok!!! 3 td in 2 years is not even good for a back-up. DWill is a better RB then Norwood and BUsh. Look at the stats. Plus let the VICK thing go he is gone it's really weak to keep talking about him. He ani't no Elvis let it go.

Steve Smith until proven otherwise. 

Setzertopia (7/4/2008)
I'd have a hard time right now buying that anyone is. I mean, sure, you can say a guy like Steve Smith or Brees I suppose, but they're really not "exciting" on a caliber that Vick was pre-incident(s). Obviously the NFL would like Reggie Bush to be that guy but we all know he isn't. I'd look towards one of the rooks to become the "guy", be it Ryan, Ellis or Stewart (or perhaps even a later pick...ya never know *coughLoftoncough*)

"pre-incident" or pre-public knowledge of many incidents.

When Vick was exciting "actaully was" during the crime days.

It is amazing how public perception is based on what "we knew and when we knew it" vs the guy has been doing this crime since college.

In retrospect, Vick was an exciting football player and also a criminal since college.

atlballer (7/4/2008)
VICK.....he's still on the roster

Listed on the roster does NOT make him a player. They did not issue his uniform last year and won't issue it this year or any other.

Michael Vick is NOT a player, he is a financial technicality and nothing more..

Norwood has made more great runs per touch than anybody

I can think of. There has never been a highlight reel like his

on so few touches. If we get a full season of Jerious splitting

carries with Turner it will open the eyes of even the biggest

doubters.

I don't think Norwood can be argued. You can say Reggie Bush, the NFL wants you to. You can say Steve Smith, but if whining and crying on your coach's shoulder is exciting...

When Norwood gets the ball, he may not hit TD's, but his running is unlike anyone else in the NFC South.

Guest Gritz
formul8or (7/6/2008)
I don't think Norwood can be argued. You can say Reggie Bush, the NFL wants you to. You can say Steve Smith, but if whining and crying on your coach's shoulder is exciting...

When Norwood gets the ball, he may not hit TD's, but his running is unlike anyone else in the NFC South.

There it is.....best explanation in the thread.

Guest Gritz
Jigga Donkey (7/6/2008)
oh my word, how anyone can say snorwood over smith is beyond me.

it's Smith hands down, there is nobody close. IF Norwood was the player you clowns said he was then Turner would not have been put on your horrid team.

norwood is boring to watch, nothing exciting at all

You wish the Sucs had him troll.

Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)
Yes, a back-up RB who has all of 600 yrds and 1 TD is the most exciting player in the NFC South. Well played Falcun fans, well played.

Your assignment is to go watch Norwood's highlights for the

past two years and report back. If you can honestly say anybody

has done anything like that then you get bray about it. You obviously

have not watched Norwood play.

LADBABY (7/7/2008)
Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)
Yes, a back-up RB who has all of 600 yrds and 1 TD is the most exciting player in the NFC South. Well played Falcun fans, well played.

So how many highlights would I have to watch to see 600yrd and 1 TD?

Wow, he must be electric!

Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)
LADBABY (7/7/2008)
Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)

It's not his fault that his coaches underutilized him.

michaelgee (7/6/2008)
atlballer (7/4/2008)
VICK.....he's still on the roster

Listed on the roster does NOT make him a player. They did not issue his uniform last year and won't issue it this year or any other.

Michael Vick is NOT a player, he is a financial technicality and nothing more..

I feel you mg ... however, as much as you guys force yourself to forget, the reality is that Vick hands down is the most exciting any of us has ever seen since Barry Sanders. We can try to forget all we want, but ATL football fans in this age will continue to compare any QB we have going forward to Vick. Even if we don't say it out loud.

Hate him. Dispise him. Be disgusted by the thought of him putting himself and the falcons through that. I know I am. However, he gave me some unforgettable memories:

- Mushing KGB in the playoff game to get the first down.

- 74 yard bomb to Trevor Gaylor on the roll out

- Comeback game from the broken ankle

- first start of the 2002 season: Going 10 for 10 on first 10 passes

- Cincy Game

- Cowboys game

- Pittsburgh Game

- etc

The list goes on. Many of us are upset because we didn't get our full 12+ years to see if he was gonna turn the corner, or be a mediocre player when it was all said and done. Many of us are upset for selfish reasons. In any event, all we can do is cherish those few moments we have, remember him every once and a while, teach our kids what not to do when you have millions and infinite red carpet treatment, and move on. It stinks, but we have to. With all that's unique about the City of Atlanta, we return to the status quo when it comes to a football team. It may not be a bad thing, but we shall see soon.

Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)
LADBABY (7/7/2008)
Jigga Donkey (7/7/2008)

Yes, he is! Now go back and review 2006 and 2007 highlights as I suggested.

You will learn something you don't know. Any jack... can make noise.