Matt Ryan's political views, to my surprise

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a nurse so I see the system at work everyday. Our system is in terrible shape. I'm not saying Canada is better, but we could use some parts of their system. We could use a government plan run like an insurance company, but non-profit, for lower income workers. For those that can afford it, they can still use private insurance. For those worrying about illegals benefiting, they already get free healthcare, so that's no change. Canada has a much better drug system, we pay more for the same drugs.

yumf (7/6/2008)
I'm a nurse so I see the system at work everyday. Our system is in terrible shape. I'm not saying Canada is better, but we could use some parts of their system. We could use a government plan run like an insurance company, but non-profit, for lower income workers. For those that can afford it, they can still use private insurance. For those worrying about illegals benefiting, they already get free healthcare, so that's no change. Canada has a much better drug system, we pay more for the same drugs.

wow, i just had a huge quoted post responding to gazoo and also to this post erased by a forum error (those make my blood boil) but this is a fantastic post. my mom used to be a nurse so she is in the same boat you are (she is still registered but she hasnt worked for a few years) and agrees that it is in TERRIBLE shape.

but that is actually not a bad idea in principle. but you are right, the people that cant afford it (illegals or the uninsured) already get free healthcare, and the people that can afford it foot the bill because of it.

one thing i am not a fan of, though, is the whole idea of the insurance company. the massive amount of overhead created by them is extremely expensive and it is one reason why the US pays so much more for health care than any other country, yet we still dont have the means to insure every citizen. that is absolutely proposterous, and that is one of the huge reasons why need to change the system. the single pay system is just one way to eliminate the insurance companies and to cut the cost down. i sometimes wonder how a single pay system would work here. if the problems with canada's health care system and europes health care system according to bigduke and gazoo are true, then that may not be the answer. there isnt a perfect form of health care, but we can do a **** of a lot better than the one we have in place right now. thats for sure.

oh and you are 100% right about canada's drug system. i dont even know how we would change that here though. i guess wed need to elect some people who arent on the take from the drug companies.

skn (7/5/2008)
If a democrat gets elected Ryan can kiss 50% of his pay check good bye.  Can you say TAXES!!!!?

To be perfectly honest, I think that either candiate will eventually have to raise taxes over the next four years. We still have to pay for the 2 wars we are still involved in - we can only borrow so much money from the Chinese.

Bring It (7/5/2008)
Ryan is too young to know better. When he see's what the lunatic Democrats will do in taxing his fortune..................take 50% for themselves, he will change like a blitz is coming !!!

Isn't lunatic a strong word? After all, the government is just trying to bring in as much money as it can - isn't that what we all try to do? I also think we are over-taxed but I wouldn't call it lunacy.

Now, I can certainly see applying the word lunatic to an administration that has us involved in 2 meaningless wars - one of those going on 7 years now. Trust me on this, as soon as we leave Iraq - whether it be next year or 5 years from now - Iran will slowly take it back from within (we have set ourselves up to face a much more fanatically designed Iraq in the future). The Taliban will be back in charge in Afghanistan within a few years of our eventual departure (ask the Russians how well a protracted war in Afghanistan works out).

Here's what I care about...

He's 6-5, so he can see over the line

He throws a pretty accurate ball

He throws an ok long ball

He makes good decisions

His political views are completely not relevant to this forum at all.  And before the Ryan detractors start to flame me for saying he is pretty accurate...I'm not going to argue with you...this is my opinion, and it is right, because I say it is. No matter how many times you say "19 INT's", am I going to recant, so save it. 

bigduke633 (7/4/2008)
ballin in atl (7/4/2008)
bigduke633 (7/4/2008)
ballin in atl (7/4/2008)
i would have definately pegged him as a conservative, he definately seems like one.

What in the past has made you think hes conservative?

the majority of white males with cash are republicans.

Like george suros?Or ted turner?Stereotypeing helps with the class warfare.Got a link on rich white males political affiliations?Maybe he became a republican after he got the contract?You can tell politics by race,gender and status?

Don't forget about Warren Buffett.

Bill Cox (7/7/2008)
1.  He'll be voting in Ga. so it won't matter - no way in **** Obama wins Ga. 

2.  Ask a Canadian what they think about their healthcare.  People ##### about the healtcare here because of the cost.  Atleast we can GET the care. 

My girlfriend has many relatives in Canada and I have discussed this with them in detail. Not only are they ecstatic about the quality of their healthcare their doctor will even pay them housecalls.

Their is a long wait for non-emergency surgical procedures but other than that they are happy 

ytc (7/4/2008)
I would have pegged Matt Ryan to be a republican considering his seemingly conservative upbringing, but to my surprise he's not. As a card carrying diehard liberal myself I was pleasantly amused to find he will supporting Barack Obama in the election.My apologies to Steve Bartkowski and other GOP posters, but here it is.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/2...e-qb-matt-ryan/

My opinion might just have changed. I might just start becoming a Matt Ryan. LOL. :hehe:

Well I respect everyone's political views: that is what makes the democratic process work.

However, it always shocks me to hear how little people invest in learning the candidates' policies and plans for the future.

Comments like these made by Ryan, "It s so early. I m actually kind of a Barack fan. I think I m a Barack guy. I think it s a good fit at the right time. I have a gut feeling and that s the kind of person I am." reveal total ignorance of the candidate or his policies.

It may be OK to play football on a "gut feeling" Matt, but do the country a favor and educate yourself about the candidates before you cast your vote please. Along with the right to vote, there is a duty to be informed before you cast your vote. Please don't let the candidates' 30 second TV sound bite decide the future for our country.

Elitist!!!!!

Thats all we need is a latte sipping, Sheryl Crow listening softie manning our troops into NFL combat...I don't trust any white male that isn't openly racist.

Naw j/k...

Most people of all races are liberal in the northeast and the northwest regions of this great country...It's actually pretty typical....Now if he came from Biloxi, Miss or Myrtle Bea, SC, I would have been a lot more suprised.