Who is the best fighter in the world right now...Regardless of affiliation (pride, UFC, etc.)??

I don't really pay too much attention to it, but I'd be interested to know who is at the top right now.

FYI, this could include boxers, too if they are that good.

Tough call, that.

My heart says BJ Penn, because he is capable of destroying any opponent if he trains hard enough. He has walked through a who's who in the lightweight division, and he handed Sean Sherk (who everyone was throwing the "unbeatable" word at in that division) his arze.

But my head says Fedor. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been fighting much, but when he does, he kills. It's that simple.

JDaveG (7/4/2008)
Tough call, that.

My heart says BJ Penn, because he is capable of destroying any opponent if he trains hard enough. He has walked through a who's who in the lightweight division, and he handed Sean Sherk (who everyone was throwing the "unbeatable" word at in that division) his arze.

But my head says Fedor. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been fighting much, but when he does, he kills. It's that simple.

So, I'm guessing Fedor is pretty heavily favored vs. Silvia?

jdu00743 (7/4/2008)
JDaveG (7/4/2008)
Tough call, that.

So, I'm guessing Fedor is pretty heavily favored vs. Silvia?

I don't know if he IS, but he SHOULD be.

Fedor hasn't fought in a while, but that doesn't change a thing for me. I think his skillset is terrible for Sylvia. Fedor's just too good in all phases of the game.