Farve wants to be a Panther

This from PFT.

COOK PRIVATELY SAYS FAVRE WANTS TO BE A PANTHER

Posted by Mike Florio on July 3, 2008, 3:07 p.m.

Agent Bus Cook has been yapping a lot over the past several months regarding the future of his star client, Brett Favre.

Most recently, we heard that Cook had been telling people that Brett still wants to play. (Two days later, it was widely reported that Brett is telling people that Brett still wants to play.)

We re now hearing that Cook is privately saying that Favre wants to play for the . . . . drum roll, please . . . oh, wait, it s in the headline . . . Carolina Panthers.

We don t know why Favre is eyeing Carolina. Maybe he thinks that it s the best place for him to step in as the starter, notwithstanding the presence of Jake Delhomme, and have a chance to win. Or maybe Favre wants to play for a time that s fairly close to his home in Mississippi and that will play three division road games in that same general area as well.

Beyond the geography and a roster with the talent to compete in a wide-open NFC, Favre has no strong connections to the coaching staff. Favre never has been in the same organization as head coach John Fox.

That said, the quarterbacks coach, Mike McCoy, was on the Packers practice squad in 1995.

Whether Favre plays again and whether he plays for anyone other than the Packers remains to be seen. But if he does play for anyone other than the Packers, his next team could be the Panthers.

If the Panthers want him.

wow rumor central!

Pretty sure GB still has his rights & I believe they'd have to trade him away.

That would pizz off the GB faithful.

If GB flat out cuts him chances are Minn or Chi would do everything on earth to sign him.

& that would REALLY pizz off the GB faithful.

If Brett has his pick, he very well may chose CAR for whatever reason, w/ Farve who knows.

One things for sure if he plays again, he's gonna throw alot of TDs & alot of ints

Grover (7/3/2008)
I think the guy who wrote the artical is drunk. Is there a link to it?

MAYBE THEY'RE BOTH DRUNK ........ THE PANTHERS? BRETT WOULD COME HERE BEFORE HE'D DO THAT. THIS IS LIKE ME SAYING, "I WANT TO BE A BUC."

(There is no love lost between the buc's and me) This is brett's agent talking, he's the one that's drunk.

Here's the road for a "Favre Comeback"..

First Brett Favre must send a letter of intent to play to the Green Bay Packers and the NFL.

Then the Green Bay Packers have 24 hours in which to:

1. Activate Him as a player of the Green Bay Packers

2. Release him on waivers.

3. Trade him.

I believe nobody in the Packers organization in their right mind will release him on waivers as he'd be free to sign with ANY NFL team, including those in the same division as the Packers.  Minnesota/Chicago would be foaming out the mouth to get their hands onto him.

If Favre is traded, the most likely candidates will be either the Baltimore Ravens, NY Jets, KC Chiefs or even the Miami Dolphins.  This is the most likely scenario if Favre doesn't play for the Packers as he'll be relocated out of the division (and conference) of the Packers.

I believe if Favre returns, it will be as a Packer even though they've made Aaron Rodgers their starter in preparation and OTA's this year.  There's still a good bit of time though to revert back to playing with Favre and if he makes up his mind QUICKLY to play, this will be the best case scenario.

this is all just BS. im sure favre is extatic that his agent is blabbing about what he has been considering as far as his comeback (if thats even actually true, which i am not convinced of). im so tired of this story that i just like to ignore every stupid development that supposedly happens on an hourly basis according to ESPN that ill just wait for training camp, the first game and mid-season. if favre comes back, woop-di-doo. if he doesnt, i think ill live. in the meantime, i dont give a flying f**k.

brvslugger10 (7/4/2008)
The Panties????????!!!!!!! If I was Brett, I would contact the Vikings. They don't have a QB.

Brett cannot contact anyone except the Green Bay Packers.  He is still under contract there for two years.  If he does and they give him a release, THEN he can contact who he pleases but that WILL NOT happen.  They will acquire/trade him before they release him, bank on that.  Most likely scenario out of Green Bay: Baltimore in my opinion.  They just had McNair retire and could use Favre's leadership to mentor Flacco. 

falconfansince66 (7/4/2008)
brvslugger10 (7/4/2008)
The Panties????????!!!!!!! If I was Brett, I would contact the Vikings. They don't have a QB.

Brett cannot contact anyone except the Green Bay Packers. He is still under contract there for two years. If he does and they give him a release, THEN he can contact who he pleases but that WILL NOT happen. They will acquire/trade him before they release him, bank on that. Most likely scenario out of Green Bay: Baltimore in my opinion. They just had McNair retire and could use Favre's leadership to mentor Flacco.

if i was GB and i had faith in rogers, then id trade a 1st round for farve. he only has a year or 2 left in him. i doubt he will play in his 40s.

GEORGIAfan (7/4/2008)
falconfansince66 (7/4/2008)
brvslugger10 (7/4/2008)

Brett cannot contact anyone except the Green Bay Packers. He is still under contract there for two years. If he does and they give him a release, THEN he can contact who he pleases but that WILL NOT happen. They will acquire/trade him before they release him, bank on that. Most likely scenario out of Green Bay: Baltimore in my opinion. They just had McNair retire and could use Favre's leadership to mentor Flacco.

if i was GB and i had faith in rogers, then id trade a 1st round for farve. he only has a year or 2 left in him. i doubt he will play in his 40s.

I don't believe they'll get a 1st rounder for a two-year guy.  Maybe a second though and/or a third/fourth.  If they have faith in Rodgers, then they would be smart to trade him to the highest bidder in the AFC.

Charles Wright (7/3/2008)
This from PFT.

Agent Bus Cook has been yapping a lot over the past several months regarding the future of his star client, Brett Favre.

Most recently, we heard that Cook had been telling people that Brett still wants to play. (Two days later, it was widely reported that Brett is telling people that Brett still wants to play.)

We re now hearing that Cook is privately saying that Favre wants to play for the . . . . drum roll, please . . . oh, wait, it s in the headline . . . Carolina Panthers.

We don t know why Favre is eyeing Carolina. Maybe he thinks that it s the best place for him to step in as the starter, notwithstanding the presence of Jake Delhomme, and have a chance to win. Or maybe Favre wants to play for a time that s fairly close to his home in Mississippi and that will play three division road games in that same general area as well.

Beyond the geography and a roster with the talent to compete in a wide-open NFC, Favre has no strong connections to the coaching staff. Favre never has been in the same organization as head coach John Fox.

That said, the quarterbacks coach, Mike McCoy, was on the Packers practice squad in 1995.

Whether Favre plays again and whether he plays for anyone other than the Packers remains to be seen. But if he does play for anyone other than the Packers, his next team could be the Panthers.

Its not like Favre wants to come back to the team that drafted him. Why? He would pick the panthers he knows there is nothing to do there in Charlotte like Green bay its a boring azz town compared to Atlanta. :P He had too much fun here. :P

Charles Wright (7/3/2008)
This from PFT.

Yep.  Favre has fallen off the wagon.

its a possibility but you gotta think if he comes back its just for one last run.  i can see him makin about 4 teams guaranteed contenders and thats....

Green bay (one win away last yr.)

Oakland (re-uniting w/ walker)

Baltimore

Minnesota