Reasons Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL right away.

1) Not only did he fight dogs he was very cruel to them. Some people say it is a culture, but if a culture teaches to slam puppy's down against the concrete splattering their brains every were or electrocuting them and I am sure it was not the type of electrocution they do to death row people were they never feel it. 110 VAC is a very, very painful death

2)Then he put golden retriever puppy's in with the dogs. Anyone who knows anything about dogs knows a golden retriever puppy is gentle and playful. Little did they know they were playing to their death when they tried to play with the puppy pits.

3) He lied to everyone the commissioner, organization, fans,general public and most of all to children fans. If he did not have over whelming evidence against him he still would be lying about it.

The NFL can't put the message out to young fans that all you have to do lie until you get caught then do a little time and all is forgiven, The NFL is just like a corporation if Vick worked for IBM when he did this. Do you think IBM would allow him come back to work for them after he embarrassed the company and lied to their upper management to their face, heck no.

I don't want to hear or read he paid for his crime when he gets out, as we all know convictions follow you the rest of your life, Vick should be no different than the felon that made $30,000. a year before he went to jail. So don't say he has a right to support himself. He will have that in Arena or Canadian football then after three or four years if he keeps a clean slate perhaps the NFL should give him another chance, but not as soon as he is released.

I want my kids and the rest of America's kids to know people have to pay for their actions not only in court, but in life. You people with "Free Vick" on your logos should be ashamed of yourself. This gangster life style that the hip hop culture portrays as being so great is what is holding minorities down.. Nothing is given to you and you can't just go out and take it as some of your lyrics tell you to do. You have to earn what you get out of life. Just like respect. I keep hearing kids today say he didn't show me respect. Respect is something that is earned not just given to you. Vick lost the NFL's respect and until he earns it back in another league he should not be allowed to return to the NFL.
jgentry162 (7/3/2008)

1) Not only did he fight dogs he was very cruel to them. Some people say it is a culture, but if a culture teaches to slam puppy's down against the concrete splattering their brains every were or electrocuting them and I am sure it was not the type of electrocution they do to death row people were they never feel it. 110 VAC is a very, very painful death

2)Then he put golden retriever puppy's in with the dogs. Anyone who knows anything about dogs knows a golden retriever puppy is gentle and playful. Little did they know they were playing to their death when they tried to play with the puppy pits.

3) He lied to everyone the commissioner, organization, fans,general public and most of all to children fans. If he did not have over whelming evidence against him he still would be lying about it.

The NFL can't put the message out to young fans that all you have to do lie until you get caught then do a little time and all is forgiven, The NFL is just like a corporation if Vick worked for IBM when he did this. Do you think IBM would allow him come back to work for them after he embarrassed the company and lied to their upper management to their face, heck no.

I don't want to hear or read he paid for his crime when he gets out, as we all know convictions follow you the rest of your life, Vick should be no different than the felon that made $30,000. a year before he went to jail. So don't say he has a right to support himself. He will have that in Arena or Canadian football then after three or four years if he keeps a clean slate perhaps the NFL should give him another chance, but not as soon as he is released.

I want my kids and the rest of America's kids to know people have to pay for their actions not only in court, but in life. You people with "Free Vick" on your logos should be ashamed of yourself. This gangster life style that the hip hop culture portrays as being so great is what is holding minorities down.. Nothing is given to you and you can't just go out and take it as some of your lyrics tell you to do. You have to earn what you get out of life. Just like respect. I keep hearing kids today say he didn't show me respect. Respect is something that is earned not just given to you. Vick lost the NFL's respect and until he earns it back in another league he should not be allowed to return to the NFL.

1st you are a fan like everybody else so you have no clue as to what happen

2nd you are an armchair angel, and have no say on what man should pay for what sin

3rd you are an employee, Goodell is the boss, so your words mean nothing, the decision will never be in your hands as long as you live

The reason he'll be in the NFL again:

- He sells. Seats, jerseys, shoes, whatever, he is a superstar that other teams' fans will pay to go see.

The NFL is a corporation, but if Vick generates more money than he costs the NFL then they will let him back in.

formul8or (7/3/2008)

- He sells. Seats, jerseys, shoes, whatever, he is a superstar that other teams' fans will pay to go see.

The NFL is a corporation, but if Vick generates more money than he costs the NFL then they will let him back in.

You made my 4th point, excellent observation

jgentry162 (7/3/2008)
Selling Crack brings in more revenue than it cost to bring in, but that doesn't make it right.

Who are you to say whats right and wrong? in any aspect of life

You are talking about crack, we are talking about football mistake free gentry

Which leads to the bottom line of this whole issue you have

Who are you to say what is right and wrong?

jgentry162 (7/3/2008)
I don't want to hear or readhe paid for his crime when he gets out, as we all know convictions follow you the rest of your life, Vick should be no different than the felon that made $30,000. a year before he went to jail. So don't say he has a right to support himself. He will have that in Arena or Canadian football then after three or four years if he keeps a clean slate perhaps the NFL should give him another chance, but not as soon as he is released.

Excellent points & I agree w/ you jgentry - Repect definitely must be earned.

It's a priviledge & no one's right to play in the NFL.

Vick was prbly the most marketable athlete out there before his bad decisions & lies caught up w/ him.

Vick's toxic now & it will be interesting to see who (if any) team(s) & their fanbase touch him @ all after he is reinstated by Goddell, assuming he is.

He never was the best passer & the NFL knows his strengths & weaknessses

By the time he comes back he may well have lost a step or two.

Guess we'll see @ that time how marketable & relevant he still is to the NFL

Today one thing's apparent - Vick needs the NFL alot more than the NFL needs Vick

ANOTHER NUT TRYING TO GET THINGS STIRED UP BEFORE THE HOLIDAY. THINGS MUST BE DULL IN THE TRAILER PARK. THIS GUY TALKS ABOUT VICK MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD. YOU'VE GOT TO SECRETLY LOVE A GUY TO TALK ABOUT HIM AS MUCH AS THIS GUY TALKS ABOUT VICK. HE KNOWS THAT THE THREAD IS GOING TO BE MOVED TO "AROUND THE NFL" WITH THE REST OF HIS TRASH. BUT TILL THEN HE LIKES TO SEE HOW HE CAN PIT US AGAINST EACH OTHER. HE'LL ALWAYS THREAD AN ALMOST LIGIT POST ....... THEN HE COMES WITH THE TRASH. CHECK OUT THE FRONT PAGE. BETTER YET, HIS POST HISTORY. BUT THERE ARE THOSE WHO WILL PLUNG IN WITH HIM.:cool:

With all due respect, I beg to differ, yes the NFL is a multi-billion $ corporation but protecting the image is more important than any one player's revenue generation. Unfortunately in today's society if a player shot his grandmother on the field at halftime he probably would be re-instated. But being guilty of killing "Lassie" or "Benji"is going to be hard to outrun!

No endorsements, manufacturers can't risk it. It is going to be a hard road, but one he has chosen.

jgentry162 (7/3/2008)
I know cruelty to animals is wrong and not right

I know lying to everyone is wrong and not right

WHAT A JOKE. BUT BEING A RACIST IS. THIS GUY DOESN'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT ANIMALS. HE'S DOING A LITTLE DOG FIGHTING RIGHT NOW. HE'S TRYING TO GET YOU TO FIGHT EACH OTHER. I'VE READ THIS GUYS POST HISTORY. CLICK ON HIS ID IN UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER, THEN POST HISTORY, YOU CAN SEE ALL OF HIS THREADS. THEN YOU'LL KNOW HE'S PLAYING YOU.

Maybe he should move to Kansas, order a vanity tag for his car, and if he's lucky, maybe YKW will sign it for him.  I can see it now "ILUVYKW"

There has been trouble following Vick around since the Ron Mexico days.  That was just the appetizer of trouble that he would have no way of getting out of.  Lies to the owner and to the media (and the fans) didn't help either.  What he did was totally senseless, brutal and above all STUPID.  Vick USED to be able to generate money but now has generated a lot of hate and disrespect along with a tarnished image of himself and the NFL.  If/when Vick is allowed to return to the NFL, I don't see him generating anywhere near the money and fans that he used to.  If anything, he's going to generate a lot of PETA signs and boycotts of anyone wanting to hire him as spokesman.  Vick just ain't all that anymore and it's his own fault for getting involved in it in the first place.

Don't tell me you are one of those people who is made because T.V. / Superstar Athletes are not raising their kids right.

If the children in your (not you in particular) household are that **** gullable (believe everything they see and hear on radio and T.V.); Who's ultimatley at fault?

jgentry162 (7/3/2008)
I don't want to hear or readhe paid for his crime when he gets out, as we all know convictions follow you the rest of your life, Vick should be no different than the felon that made $30,000. a year before he went to jail. So don't say he has a right to support himself. He will have that in Arena or Canadian football then after three or four years if he keeps a clean slate perhaps the NFL should give him another chance, but not as soon as he is released.

Boo Hoo!!!

Just think, if he gets reinstated straight away, you can make as many Vick posts as you like... Oh, you all ready do:rollseyes:

Dream on.

When the state of Virginia gets through with that lying, scheming, two faced loser, he faces another 24 months in a Virginia slammer.

DA's don't like to be lied to. You're not dealing with empty headed dopes there like No. 7 is used to.

When Mr. Hero finally gets out of his cage he'll be too old to play...........even in Canada.