To: Trolls (its about Matty)

Whats the point of even comparing Ryan to anyone? he might be a bust right away or be amazing right of the bat. He might be decent for his whole career. He might be a bust at first then develope elsewhere and become great(Maddux for Pitt). Or he might be great and then wash up. Truth is we dont know we just gotta give him the right enviroment for him to be his best and hope that the coaches do their jobs at a high level and that Matt applies himself fully to his job. so i dont kwo about anyone else but im ready to see what the kid gots. looks like he might have some tricks in his bag!

Shagpill (7/3/2008)
Whats the point of even comparing Ryan to anyone? he might be a bust right away or be amazing right of the bat. He might be decent for his whole career. He might be a bust at first then develope elsewhere and become great(Maddux for Pitt). Or he might be great and then wash up. Truth is we dont know we just gotta give him the right enviroment for him to be his best and hope that the coaches do their jobs at a high level and that Matt applies himself fully to his job. so i dont kwo about anyone else but im ready to see what the kid gots. looks like he might have some tricks in his bag!

Now, you don't want anyone making predictions?....uh oh, there's goes the end of Vegas:P

menacawonderlic (7/3/2008)
if we never made comparisons there'd be nothing to talk about..

THAT MEANS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO LEARN SOMETHING. IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR KNOWLEDGE TO COME TO YOU. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. IF YOU GET ANY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO GET IT. IF NOT ..... YOU'LL BE JUST STANDING AROUND WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO COME ALONG TO COMPARE KNOWLEDGE WITH. THAT ONES FOR FREE. THERE WILL BE A FEE ON THE REST.:w00t:

menacawonderlic (7/3/2008)
if we never made comparisons there'd be nothing to talk about..

The man has no NFL downs! You have no data available to extrapolate a comparison, much less, any conclusions,  None whatsoever.  Therefore, you must be attempting to imitate a blithering idiot, and doing a darn fine job, if I say so myself.

:w00t:

Okay it's alright to love him and hug his nuts like you but to not like him before he plays is wrong you are the most ignorant fool I've ever seen speak.  Redman will start this season and show who is our QB of the future.  I know if we were all saying he is the next Joe Montana instead of saying Ryan Leaf guess what you would be joining right in and this thread would have never been made.  I can not like Ryan and love this team I would give my arm to see the falcons make the playoffs but I just don't believe Ryan is the answer.  I will think what I want and don't say I'm not a true fan because I don't blindly follow like the rest of you fools.

You're missing the point. At some point whether it be late in 2008 or at the start of 2009, he WILL be the quarterback unless he suffers some type of major injury or dies in a freak accident. And it will happen whether or not his detractors like it or not.

You don't have to love the guy but you should support him and want him to play well. Look at how much we have invested in him.

falconfanjason (7/4/2008)
You're missing the point. At some point whether it be late in 2008 or at the start of 2009, he WILL be the quarterback unless he suffers some type of major injury or dies in a freak accident. And it will happen whether or not his detractors like it or not.

You don't have to love the guy but you should support him and want him to play well. Look at how much we have invested in him.

I will support the falcons but I won't say I love him and blindly turn into one of you drones saying he will save us just because he got a big contract and is supposed to be our future.

pured-hallfan (7/4/2008)

I will support the falcons but I won't say I love him and blindly turn into one of you drones saying he will save us just because he got a big contract and is supposed to be our future.

Well It will suck to be you if he does do well even just decent becuase thats all it will take for him to be our starter for at lease 3 years.

If you don't want Matt Ryan to pan out as our QB, you're simply not a fan of this team.

You make an excellent point.Its is one thing to think or believe someone isn't going to pan out,but to say I hope he doesn't,isn't being supportive of your team.I never like Harrington at all,but once he was our starting QB,I rooted for him to win,even if I expected the worse.

Shagpill (7/3/2008)

Maddox wasnt great for pitt.

pured-hallfan (7/4/2008)
Okay it's alright to love him and hug his nuts like you but to not like him before he plays is wrong you are the most ignorant fool I've ever seen speak.  Redman will start this season and show who is our QB of the future.  I know if we were all saying he is the next Joe Montana instead of saying Ryan Leaf guess what you would be joining right in and this thread would have never been made.  I can not like Ryan and love this team I would give my arm to see the falcons make the playoffs but I just don't believe Ryan is the answer.  I will think what I want and don't say I'm not a true fan because I don't blindly follow like the rest of you fools.

You think redman is the man and we are fools?Funny......

Exactly! :)

I don't think you have to fall in line with the Matty Ice Love Train to be a fan of the team.  Those of us who support the Falcons, do so in our own way.  A differing point of view is one thing.  The only thing that p_sses me off is the people who want to pronounce Matt Ryan a bust before he ever takes a live snap in a regular season game, give the starter job to Vick the moment he's a free man (no matter how many years away that may be) and refuse to acknowledge anything positive that the team has done.  Those are the people that bother me. 

the_next_level (7/4/2008)
If you don't want Matt Ryan to pan out as our QB, you're simply not a fan of this team.

You make an excellent point.Its is one thing to think or believe someone isn't going to pan out,but to say I hope he doesn't,isn't being supportive of your team.I never like Harrington at all,but once he was our starting QB,I rooted for him to win,even if I expected the worse.

When did I say I didn't want him to succeed it isn't that I don't want him to if he does great I just don't think he will.