http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/56015

Ryan responds to Goodell's concerns

Matt Ryan isn't apologizing for benefiting from a system that allows top NFL draft picks to receive massive contracts. Even so, he appreciates where Roger Goodell was coming from last week when the commissioner questioned paying millions in guaranteed salary to rookies who have yet to play a down in the league. "You can also understand the other side of it, the concern of veterans who have been in the league 10, 12 years and proven themselves but not seen the money," Ryan said in a phone interview Tuesday. "I can understand both sides." contract with the Atlanta Falcons that included $34.75 million in guaranteed pay.

This may not be a good sign. A rookie QB talking back to the NFL Commissioner. Let me hear your opinion on this.

chitow2atl_falcon (7/3/2008)

Matt Ryan isn't apologizing for benefiting from a system that allows top NFL draft picks to receive massive contracts. Even so, he appreciates where Roger Goodell was coming from last week when the commissioner questioned paying millions in guaranteed salary to rookies who have yet to play a down in the league. "You can also understand the other side of it, the concern of veterans who have been in the league 10, 12 years and proven themselves but not seen the money," Ryan said in a phone interview Tuesday. "I can understand both sides." contract with the Atlanta Falcons that included $34.75 million in guaranteed pay.

This may not be a good sign. A rookie QB talking back to the NFL Commissioner. Let me hear your opinion on this.

I mean seriously?

Talking back to the NFL Commissioner?  By giving a middle of the road answer to a question that a reporter asked? 

His answer was 100% diplomtic and truthful.  The fact that this question is even being asked screams "Reaching for straws..."

LOL, this is a great sign. He's smart enough to answer a question with an intelligent answer & not just mumble some BS. He even goes out of his way to provide an answer that is very diplomatic and AGREES with Goodell, but also doesn't alienate him from future teammates that the Falcons will draft over the next 10 - 15 years of his career here as our starting QB.

That's not backtalk. He actually says he can see both sides of it. What happened is right after that comment was made by Goodell, someone immediately put a mic in front of Ryan's face hoping for controversy.:angry:

My opinion is that you should work for one of those gossip rags.

I see no indication of him "talking back" to the Commish.

matt wasn't talking back to com. goodell....and frankly it doesn't matter because the commissioner makes to much money as well...the way i see it is the rookie is deserves whatever those idiots are willing to pay him. often times like MIKE VICK the stadiums are packed and sell millions of dollars worth of merchandise simply because of their presence.;) another thing is if a veteran player isn't satisfied with the amount of money he's making then do what grumpy players do- holdup or shut up about it:cool:

I wouldn't really call that talking back. Seems like a fairly benign statement.

IF YOU MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THE COMMISSIONER ..... YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY!:) But to be more serious, people are going to read different things in this. We all will probably see and hear what we want to ... see and hear. I don't think theres anything wrong in that. I think what it does is teaches us (though sometimes painful) how to be tolerant of the opposite of our own oppinions. It's never what is said that impacts an issue, it's how we look at it, how we respond to it. For me, I didn't hear Matt talking to the Commissioner. I heard Matt talking about the Commissioner. :cool:

What do you think he will do next... Do you think he will go down and shoot up the chetah tonight with a .357 like Packman Jones, your hero?  :w00t:

REV.2000 (7/3/2008)

IF YOU MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THE COMMISSIONER ..... YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY!:) But to be more serious, people are going to read different things in this. We all will probably see and hear what we want to ... see and hear. I don't think theres anything wrong in that. I think what it does is teaches us (though sometimes painful) how to be tolerant of the opposite of our own oppinions. It's never what is said that impacts an issue, it's how we look at it, how we respond to it. For me, I didn't hear Matt talking to the Commissioner. I heard Matt talking about the Commissioner. :cool:

well said ,now hopefully you'll think twice before making ill comments to my posts. looks like you've been taking me the wrong way:w00t::w00t::w00t: