Bucs first-round pick Aqib Talib and seventh-rounder Cory Boyd reportedly got into a fight at the Rookie Symposium this week.

SYMPOSIUM SLUGGERS IDENTIFIED

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2008, 10:51 p.m. EDT

We ve been able to confirm via two sources the names of the rookies who were involved in a symposium slugfest.

The players were Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd. Talib was a first-round pick of the Buccaneers; Boyd was a seventh-round selection of the same team.

The players were in a budget and finances meeting, where rookies from four teams were gathered. Talib and Boyd had been jawing at each other for a while, and it came to a head during that specific session.

Few are surprised by the development. Boyd was suspended by South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier in 2005. Boyd was forced to apologize upon returning in 2006, after scoring a touchdown and uttering for the camera, I m back! I m back liked cooked crack!

Talib s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas. As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, Trouble just follows Talib. . . . He can t help himself, and it s never his fault.

It s unknown whether the players were or will be disciplined.

atljbo (7/2/2008)

We ve been able to confirm via two sources the names of the rookies who were involved in a symposium slugfest.

THIS IS GOOD. THIS IS VERY GOOD. IT COULD NOT HAPPEN TO A MORE WORTHY TEAM.:w00t:

Economics meeting?Who hasnt been in a fracus at a economics meeting?You cant say 401k or annuity without somebody swinging at you!Everybody thinks they can change a bad apple.Its the hooker with the heart of gold........she really loves me.This time its different.

bigduke633 (7/3/2008)
Economics meeting?Who hasnt been in a fracus at a economics meeting?You cant say 401k or annuity without somebody swinging at you!Everybody thinks they can change a bad apple.Its the hooker with the heart of gold........she really loves me.This time its different.

It's so true. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been in a benefits meeting at my job, and someone takes a swing at someone else. Yeah, a 401k is great, but doesn't really help you save if you have to pay to have your teeth replaced. ;)

Open Source (7/3/2008)
bigduke633 (7/3/2008)

It's so true. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been in a benefits meeting at my job, and someone takes a swing at someone else. Yeah, a 401k is great, but doesn't really help you save if you have to pay to have your teeth replaced. ;)

If they are fighting at the rooky deal what the heck are they doing at home?If your gruden what do you do?Its not a felony but it does show some real character issues.Teammates to,I dont get that.

bigduke633 (7/3/2008)
Open Source (7/3/2008)
bigduke633 (7/3/2008)

If they are fighting at the rooky deal what the heck are they doing at home?If your gruden what do you do?Its not a felony but it does show some real character issues.Teammates to,I dont get that.

DHall got in fights with two separate teammates...

pzummo (7/3/2008)
bigduke633 (7/3/2008)
Open Source (7/3/2008)
bigduke633 (7/3/2008)

DHall got in fights with two separate teammates...

Come on,theres a huge difference in a meeting and practise.

bigduke633 (7/3/2008)
Open Source (7/3/2008)
bigduke633 (7/3/2008)

Agreed! It raises a bunch of questions. Then again it's the Bucs, so I really don't have to think about it. Just sit back and enjoy the show. :D

atljbo (7/2/2008)

The players were Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd. Talib was a first-round pick of the Buccaneers; Boyd was a seventh-round selection of the same team.

The players were in a budget and finances meeting, where rookies from four teams were gathered. Talib and Boyd had been jawing at each other for a while, and it came to a head during that specific session.

Few are surprised by the development. Boyd was suspended by South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier in 2005. Boyd was forced to apologize upon returning in 2006, after scoring a touchdown and uttering for the camera, I m back! I m back liked cooked crack!

Talib s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas. As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, Trouble just follows Talib. . . . He can t help himself, and it s never his fault.

It s unknown whether the players were or will be disciplined.

You clowns must be reaching for something becuase this is a non-issue.

Keep having fun with it, anything that makes you forget about your horrid franchise has to be looked at as positive

Contrary to statements and intonements made by certain media sources (one of which being ProFootballTalk.com, the other more local), the supposed "fight" between Bucs Rookies Talib and Boyd are greatly exagerated.

According to a source close ot the situation, heated words were exchanged and the two men may have gotten in one another's faces, but that's as far as it went before Rob Davis (The Packers Director of Development) stepped between them.

Tempers were still flaring as they left the room, and they exchanged a couple words (from a distance) as they left.

That's as far as the incident went. There was no fight at all. No swinging of punches.