"WHAT IF" matt ryan turns out to be another petyon manning?

Then what? what are we going to do. we'll be stuck with Ryan, a guy that can actually play, for at least 5 more years as our starter. i would feel sorry for blank having spent all the money on him, and then try to go after another QB in the draft, because the fans are mad becuase they don't have a QB they can dump on.

what if water wasn't wet:D  i find this ridiculous..you have to believe that every coaching staff intends on playing it's best players..so as far as dj becoming tom brady is ludacris. numbers don't lie and that's what the coach are probably looking at come training camp and preseason.. unless you have two or three years as an experienced and sucessful starter you'll probably have to battle out the next guy for a starting spot...and believe me they are counting the amount of plays that you make...my point is basically no matter if it's a injury or personal problem dj hasn't been considered even a second string qb, as far as matt ryan GOOD LUCK KID

Brookhaven (7/2/2008)
Then what? what are we going to do. we'll be stuck with Ryan, a guy that can actually play, for at least 5 more years as our starter. i would feel sorry for blank having spent all the money on him, and then try to go after another QB in the draft, because the fans are mad becuase they don't have a QB they can dump on.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::cool::cool::cool::cool:

crankthatbatman (7/2/2008)
peyton manning wouldnt be the same peyton manning if he played anywhere else besides with the colts. there is no "being like peyton manning" bcause matt ryan will never have the protection peyton has, the weapons that peyton has or the brains that peyton has.

Manning got his face drilled into the ground his rookie year and thew 28 interceptions in one season. Brush up on your history "crank".......Colts are dynasty now and have great offensive line - but it was not always so.  

Q: Why couldn't the Falcons make a similiar turn for the better?

A: They can.

g-dawg (7/2/2008)
peyton manning wouldnt be the same peyton manning if he played anywhere else besides with the colts. there is no "being like peyton manning" bcause matt ryan will never have the protection peyton has, the weapons that peyton has or the brains that peyton has.

Manning got his face drilled into the ground his rookie year and thew 28 interceptions in one season. Brush up on your history "crank".......Colts are dynasty now and have great offensive line - but it was not always so.  

why couldnt the falcons make a similiar turn for the better u ask???simple, because of the front office. when was the last time we had a offensive lineman make probowl in the past 15 years? who was the last offensive lineman drafted by us and is still on the team today, and making a big impact? we will never be like the colts because the front office never seem to go after good lineman early in the draft. they had the chance to do that with vick, but everyone puts the blame all on him like vick had 5 big vicks in front of him blocking for him.im sure the colts realized after the 28 int's u say he threw his first year, they realized that he need protection. our front office didnt realize that with vick, so what makes u think they will finally realize it with ryan?

I will be thrilled if he is a top ten QB. Most all the pundits absolutely loved Matt Ryan I guess I just don't understand those who are rooting for him to fail so they can say I told you so. I knew Mike Vick was somewhat of a project yet I was thrilled when the Falcons drafted him I don't know why so many are truly hoping Matt Ryan fails.

GEORGIAfan (7/2/2008)
What if DJ turns into the Next Brady, but better, since he is mobile, but we release him?

That would be great! It would give us something else to BMC (#####, moan, & complain) about.

That's the true value of being a Falcons fan, getting to BMC about everything. And the fans that BMC the loudest and longest are the best fans.

Brookhaven (7/2/2008)

I'd rather Ryan be more like Brady...than Manning.....Manning is a "choke" master....:w00t:...

theyhateme (7/2/2008)
Brookhaven (7/2/2008)

I'd rather Ryan be more like Brady...than Manning.....Manning is a "choke" master....:w00t:...

i got news for you, but eli is the choke master, peyton is far from being a choker and actually i'd be more afraid of manning than brady with 3 minutes remaining in a game 10 points ahead.....shoot
g-dawg (7/2/2008)

why couldnt the falcons make a similiar turn for the better u ask???simple, because of the front office. when was the last time we had a offensive lineman make probowl in the past 15 years? who was the last offensive lineman drafted by us and is still on the team today, and making a big impact? we will never be like the colts because the front office never seem to go after good lineman early in the draft. they had the chance to do that with vick, but everyone puts the blame all on him like vick had 5 big vicks in front of him blocking for him.im sure the colts realized after the 28 int's u say he threw his first year, they realized that he need protection. our front office didnt realize that with vick, so what makes u think they will finally realize it with ryan?

crank,

logic really does elude you doesn't it?   The new coach and new GM did draft an offensive lineman in the 1st round this year - did you forget?  his name is Sam Baker.

You cannot place the "sins" of the last two GM's (McKay/Reeves) at the feet of Thomas Dimitroff - you must judge him on his track record once he builds one.

While its too early to argue "for" or "against" Dimitroff,  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt for right now - and he DID draft the offensive lineman in the first round and moved up to do so - that shows me a new commitment to offensive line play which is a positive in my opinion.

For now, I see a potential franchise QB(Matt Ryan) with very good talent, is intelligent, a communicator and a leader. I also see a willingness to revamp the offensive line - while the Falcons need to do MORE on both the offensive and defensive lines (on that we can agree) - I like the start.

Crank - please tell me why you think that Thomas Dimitroff does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt?  and come with well-reasoned logic please.

Brookhaven (7/2/2008)
Then what? what are we going to do.we'll be stuck with Ryan, a guy that can actually play,forat least 5 more years as our starter. i would feel sorry for blank having spent all the money on him, and then try to go after another QB in the draft, because the fans are mad becuase they don't have a QB they can dump on.

Ryan = Manning..........LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

suedewallydon (7/2/2008)
theyhateme (7/2/2008)
Brookhaven (7/2/2008)

i got news for you, but eli is the choke master, peyton is far from being a choker and actually i'd be more afraid of manning than brady with 3 minutes remaining in a game 10 points ahead.....shoot

This board will have a fricking meltdown if Ryan throws anywhere near the 28 interceptions Manning had in his rookie year.The one thing a rookie QB needs from a fan base is patience and this town doesn't have any,especially with the Vick/Ryan thing going.I could care a less who is the QB as long as they give the Falcons the best chance at winning.

atlballer,

you are so "blinded" in your desire for Vick - that nobody else could ever be worthy to be the starting QB in Atlanta.

Is Matt Ryan ever going to be in the same league with Peyton Manning?  Who knows.....right now the only other QB in the same league with Peyton is Tom Brady - they are on a level all by themselves.   Could Matt Ryan be on that level some day?  who knows?  is it possible?  yeah, its "possible"......

forget Vick atlballer - he's gone man - he's not coming back - at least not to the A-T-L.....If you cannot be a Falcons fan without Vick - then just go jump on somebody else's bandwagon like the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Colts or Chargers........You are either a Falcons fan or you are not - which is it?

peyton manning wouldnt be the same peyton manning if he played anywhere else besides with the colts. there is no "being like peyton manning"bcause matt ryan will never have the protection peyton has, the weapons that peyton has or the brains that peyton has.

The Colts were in as bad a shape as the Falcons when they drafted Manning. Ok, maybe not that bad, but they weren't exactly a good team. Noone who picks first is.

We've spent a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder on offensive linemen the past two years. We're working on building a decent line.

Will it work, will the players pan out? Nobody knows, but we've taken steps towards having a good line.

theyhateme (7/2/2008)
g-dawg (7/2/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/2/2008)
What if DJ turns into the Next Brady, but better, since he is mobile, but we release him?

GEORGIAfan,

man, I'm a "dawg" too but you have got to get off this DJ Shockley for starting QB thing........get real, man.....give it up!

Did he say "start" Shockley???  :ermm:

yeah, from reading "GEORGIAfan" and his posts over the last few months, the impression that I get from his reading and I think he has said it on several occassion is that he believes DJ Shockley could/should be the Falcons starter - I think its "crazy talk" but I think that is what he believes.........

If I have misstated your thoughts, please feel free to interject GEORGIAfan

g-dawg (7/2/2008)
theyhateme (7/2/2008)
g-dawg (7/2/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/2/2008)

GEORGIAfan,

man, I'm a "dawg" too but you have got to get off this DJ Shockley for starting QB thing........get real, man.....give it up!

Did he say "start" Shockley???  :ermm:

yeah, from reading "GEORGIAfan" and his posts over the last few months, the impression that I get from his reading and I think he has said it on several occassion is that he believes DJ Shockley could/should be the Falcons starter - I think its "crazy talk" but I think that is what he believes.........

If I have misstated your thoughts, please feel free to interject GEORGIAfan

He didn't say it....:)

Yep I want DJ to Start. but id be just as happy with him being backup. I also think we will see him on the field this year in atleast some trick plays. we could use DJs mobility to our advantage.

I should mention i want him to start this year, since i dont think we will see Ryan for most of the season. Ryan needs to hit the gym and the Books. i want Ryan to know that playbook better than Mularkey, so its 2nd nature.