MODS, What Happened to PURE Football Forums?

Did the standards just fall through the floor? I mean seriously, why have pure football anymore considering who is posting in there now.

B C - Only 100 or so posts and EVERY POST is some sort of insane and speculative crap about Matt Ryan being the worst QB of all time.

BUirdman and ATLballer - Every post is about their love for #7, how Matt Ryan will be the worst QB of all time, Matt Ryan is already a bust, and that the Falcons will fail because we didn't draft Glenn Dorsey.

What's next, are you guys going to let Vick75/ATL-75 become a Mod?

Dem Birds Can Fly (7/2/2008)
Apparently they don't let just anybody in because I've been trying to get a friend in there for months, who's a better poster than atleast 15 of the actual Pure Football members. Not me, though.

dont trip. its not anything special. i was in PF, before i got banned, and it was nothing special. the thing bout PF is that most of the people have the same idea, so their are not much to talk about, since they all agree with each other. TATF with all its craziness is better. Id take TATF anyday of the week. if you want to get out of TATF, then go to ABF or CSF.

It was a good idea, but I think they did a poor job letting people in. It either needs to be for the most elite members of the board, or for almost anyone who has a few posts under their belt - not the weird system they have now of begging them to be let in, and then only if you catch the right mod at the right time.

So far it's been a refuge for when TATF gets taken over by hostiles. It's great to get over there and carry on mature conversation, well except for the few that slip through the cracks as mentioned above by the OP. If more people posted there then it would be far better. That's still baffling me how B C got in. That just makes it look like there really isn't a standard for getting in.

Pf has become a reflection of the system of admissions, or rather non admissions of decent honest fans, a reflection of the mini mods, who other than a couple of notible exceptions for a while did a great job but for probably coming up to two years now have done squat.

it seems only one or two of the mini mods are actualy active on the boards now, and as a result the couple of active mods have no time to do anything but look after tatf. It's got to be time for a review/clean house...if we can do it to the roster lets do it with the Mini mods.... jmike, moderator, anyone!!!! please???!!! bring some sanity back to how Pf and the forums are run.

It is the offseason so there is not much to talk about and I am thinking the mods may be back in full swing when the season starts back.  Obviously there is a couple of posters who snuck under the fence somehow and are not representative of most who post there.

This subject comes up every few days and it is funny how there are some saying it is some "Elitist" surprised they didn't throw in the word pig because they can not think for themselves.  The funny part is they have such contempt for the forum because they were given a chance to prove themselves in there then got kicked out.  You get fired from your job and suddenly your opinion is that company sucks.  I am thinking that if a mod who is a volunteer had to go out of their way to remove certain rights then that person did not belong there.

When the regular season kicks in you should see the regular posters come back or least that is how it has been in the past.  There really are some good discussions and some very knowledgable posters in there when the season starts and most could actually learn a lot about the game.

Typically it is a place where people can go to agree or disagree respectfully.  Right now I have to agree that it's a bit screwed up.  There is one guy who has been on there since the switch over acting like he is the founder of that forum and takes it upon himself to be the obnoxious Forum Sheriff.  Then there is this other guy who can't seem to stop himself from posting the Ryan sucks threads.  All well intended posts are welcome but if you already have a post on the subject why start another one?

Anyways don't judge the forum based on the offseason.

anewton (7/2/2008)
Pf has become a reflection of the system of admissions, or rather non admissions of decent honest fans, a reflection of the mini mods, who other than a couple of notible exceptions for a while did a great job but for probably coming up to two years now have done squat.

it seems only one or two of the mini mods are actualy active on the boards now, and as a result the couple of active mods have no time to do anything but look after tatf.It's got to be time for a review/clean house...if we can do it to the roster lets do it with the Mini mods.... jmike, moderator, anyone!!!!please???!!! bring some sanity back to how Pf and the forums are run.

Jmike Moderator are not minimods. they are the real mods of the board. the only mini mods i know of are Rev Hal, Shiney, Sac,BankerBird, and James Stammer. i think the rest are actual mods, but ive never seen Hypnotoad post besides the PF post at the beginning of this.

I hope that they do police it better soon.  It's one thing to disagree, but something else to intellectually pollute the forum by constantly posting on the same target.  Most posters post a thought or topic and let the discussion work itself off.  There's never a need for the same poster to post the same topic multiple times in the course of a day unless he's trying to get under someone's skin.  Believe me, we all heard you the first time...  Until we learn to ignore it, it's going to be that way.

well I disagree about how PF is.  I have seen many disagree but they handle it with logical discussion and facts to back up their opinions.  Name calling, bashing, trolling, racist comments seem to not come into play.  It is quit nice for those that want to discuss football without being childish.  It is slow but it always happens in the off season because their is really nothing about football to truly talk about.

The Falcon Ace (7/2/2008)
Did the standards just fall through the floor? I mean seriously, why have pure football anymore considering who is posting in there now.

B C - Only 100 or so posts and EVERY POST is some sort of insane and speculative crap about Matt Ryan being the worst QB of all time.

BUirdman and ATLballer - Every post is about their love for #7, how Matt Ryan will be the worst QB of all time, Matt Ryan is already a bust, and that the Falcons will fail because we didn't draft Glenn Dorsey.

HOW DARE THEY LET IN DISSENTING OPINIONS AND DISTURB THE LOVE FEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Robb4242 (7/3/2008)

how

how in the heck do you get a mod to answer your requests to be in PF?

Eric Obraiden (7/3/2008)
Robb4242 (7/3/2008)

how

how in the heck do you get a mod to answer your requests to be in PF?

you have to bake/buy a Cake for Me and the Mods. that says request to get into PF, then we will decide if we should let you in.

Statick (7/3/2008)
I used to ask about admission into PF and no one responded to my requests. Now after seeing who they have already allowed in to PF and the stuff that gets posted in there, I lost interest and just stopped asking.

It's slowly turning into TATF.

It's picking up steam now, I don't think it's moving slowly anymore.

It's funny that when we confront the mini mods about the fact they don't actually ever moderate TATF they make excuses and tell us to just use the pure football forum. And now they let a few trolling spammers in PF no one can even go there now.

There is no excuses that an official NFL message board should be moderated so lax. Why even have a COC if it is never enforced?

I too have asked several of the Mod's to be a member of PF but have never even got a reply either yea come on or we don't want you and here is why.... I have learned how to read post in PF and much to my suprise I find BC there with the same crap he spreads here. If the standard for entry is who you know and who you asked then what is the point. I really haven't seen much over their lately anyway. my 2 cents worth

Guest Gritz
emt861 (7/3/2008)
I too have asked several of the Mod's to be a member of PF but have never even got a reply either yea come on or we don't want you and here is why.... I have learned how to read post in PF and much to my suprise I find BC there with the same crap he spreads here. If the standard for entry is who you know and who you asked then what is the point. I really haven't seen much over their lately anyway. my 2 cents worth
If you're being kept out of PF and the troll you mentioned is in then it's not really worth getting into anyway.

PF is going to be worthless now.