Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Wall

What/when will we do something with Vick???

38 posts in this topic

owtcastedlegend (7/1/2008)
dozer (6/30/2008)
owtcastedlegend (6/30/2008)
Michael pittman beat the **** out his lady, he's playing.

Leonard little is a f-ing murderer via dui and got caught driving under the influence months later, he's playing..

The difference is that those allegations, infractions or arrests did not happen on Goddell's watch & he's the new Sheriff in town.

Look @ the cases since Goddell has been Commish, not before he was.

For starters you got Vick, Pacman, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry & Odell Thurman

If you want to look @ how Vick can be absolved look @ how they went about doing it, or not, respectively.

umm....I dont see the relevance of this....What I would comprehend from my post, is that there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole. The differentials in punishment are stupid and un-acceptable in a society that has labeled itself as equal. I dont give two baby back f-s about goddell the wanna be sheriff, Im talking about equal justice, EQUALITY.

What??

dozer (6/30/2008)

Leonard little is a f-ing murderer via dui and got caught driving under the influence months later, he's playing..

The difference is that those allegations, infractions or arrests did not happen on Goddell's watch & he's the new Sheriff in town.

If you want to look @ how Vick can be absolved look @ how they went about doing it, or not, respectively.

umm....I dont see the relevance of this....What I would comprehend frommy post, is that there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole. The differentials in punishment are stupid and un-acceptable in a society that haslabeled itselfas equal. I dont give two baby back f-s about goddell the wanna be sheriff, Im talking about equal justice, EQUALITY.

ummm....read it again

the players you cited & used as examples have absolutely nothing to do w/ today's NFL

you may as well have used MLB or NBA players.

If Goddell was Commish when Little & Pittman committed their infractions their punishment would've been much harsher don't you think?

You Inequality statement is really more of an Inconsistency statement.

That inconsistency you are noticing is Goddell's iron fist compared to that of Tagliabue's gentler punishment of in the past.

there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole.

This ain't "society as a whole." It's a busine$$, it's the NFL.

& wtf is a "lack of inequality?"

you know that "a lack of inequality" = equality, right?

b/c that's not the point you are trying to make.

This is the equivilant of keeping your ex-grilfriend's pictures or thongs or necklace or tongue ring or tampon after you get married. :cool

You hang on to those items, because you value them. Obviously, you never let your wife know still you have them.

dozer (7/1/2008)
dozer (6/30/2008)

umm....I dont see the relevance of this....What I would comprehend frommy post, is that there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole. The differentials in punishment are stupid and un-acceptable in a society that haslabeled itselfas equal. I dont give two baby back f-s about goddell the wanna be sheriff, Im talking about equal justice, EQUALITY.

ummm....read it again

the players you cited & used as examples have absolutely nothing to do w/ today's NFL

you may as well have used MLB or NBA players.

If Goddell was Commish when Little & Pittman committed their infractions their punishment would've been much harsher don't you think?

You Inequality statement is really more of an Inconsistency statement.

That inconsistency you are noticing is Goddell's iron fist compared to that of Tagliabue's gentler punishment of in the past.

there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole.

This ain't "society as a whole." It's a busine$$, it's the NFL.

& wtf is a "lack of inequality?"

you know that "a lack of inequality" = equality, right?

b/c that's not the point you are trying to make.

once again some uck face who knows what I was saying, attempting to come at me like a white out marker. Whatever you gotta say to make you feel better son...I dont want to see another dam american flag at a nfl game or the singing of the athem. Pathetic and worthless items on this world digust me. I agree with michael moore heavily of this...this is a f-uped hippocritical society.

I THOUGHT THEY DID SOMETHING WITH VICK ....... THEY DID LOCK HIM UP ..... DIDN'T THEY? SERIOUSLY THOUGH, LET'S STOP PULLING HAIRS OVER MIKE AND GET READY FOR THIS SEASON WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT. YOU DON'T GO TO WAR FRETING OVER WHO IS OR ISN'T IN THE FOX HOLE WITH YOU.:cool:

atlballer (6/30/2008)
there are a few teams and coaches that would love to have vick....The Patriots said they would love to have Vick...I guess they know more about talent than we do
lol...lets trade him for brady then

crankthatbatman (6/30/2008)
no one is going to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to trade him, therefore leaving him a falcon 4 life or at least until his career is over.
just take his contract & they can have him

Look, I hate to to be the negative non-team oriented guy here, but the fact is that AB has not ruled out Vick returning, which to me says we ain't gonna cut him. I am all for the team as a whole, but there is just no denying his talent because he is one of, if not the most talented football player/s ever.

I for one think Blank was offering up some lip service about an overwhelmingly popular player when he made his comments about Vick, and not ruling out him coming back.  I hope the man gets his life together, and I hope he goes on to do great things, in the AFC, behind the QB, in his new role as HB

mark hunter (7/1/2008)
no one is going to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to trade him, therefore leaving him a falcon 4 life or at least until his career is over.
i agree he was a talented football player...but, he wasnt a talented qb...he had flashes of it, but couldnt do it anywhere close to consistantly

I know we lined him up as a HB a few times, but get serious, he couldn't take being a HB in this league, if he was, he would be a 3rd down/change of pace back. Nothing more, nothing less. More likely he would be a WR.

But MOST likely, is that he stays on as a QB, where he is best, evidenced by his Pro-bowl appearances, and his runner up as league MVP in the 04' season.

mark hunter (7/1/2008)
mark hunter (7/1/2008)
i agree he was a talented football player...but, he wasnt a talented qb...he had flashes of it, but couldnt do it anywhere close to consistantly

how can you be a talented QB without the necessary help around you to progress to being that talented QB? vick did all he could with the team around him, and most of the time, he put the team on his back. this team was nothing without vick last season as the standing tell it. vick was in, at least we had a chance to at least go 9-7, 8-8 at the least. but with him gone, he only win 4 games. if you would have put any QB behind our o-line, everyone would be saying the same thing about that QB, that he wasnt consistant enough. especially if it was someone like manning or brady, they wouldnt even be the same that they are today if either one of them played for the falcons. they would be just another doug johnson. blame the front office before you go after a QB. he did all he could but you people fail to realize that because of the trouble that he has caused this franchise. look more into the reality of things, and put away your hateration for a minute.

Michael Vick aint go anywhere he is ATLANTA FALCONS  TRUE player!!!!! HE will CHAMP SUPERBOWL after he jail he got angry to play real football!!!