Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Wall

What/when will we do something with Vick???

38 posts in this topic

I dont know the rule on cutting players when they are in Prison and what not but why cant we just cut him now??? Im the biggest Vick fan there was and hate that everything happened how it happened it killed our TEAM as a whole(no pun intended) its real obvious he will not be apart of this team ever again so what is the hold up??? And i believe when he does get out he will more than likley be a Buc if Gruden is still the coach.

J-Wall (6/30/2008)
I dont know the rule on cutting players when they are in Prison and what not but why cant we just cut him now??? Im the biggest Vick fan there was and hate that everything happened how it happened it killed our TEAM as a whole(no pun intended) its real obvious he will not be apart of this team ever again so what is the hold up??? And i believe when he does get out he will more than likley be a Buc if Gruden is still the coach.[/quote

He's staying in ATL....We would be stupid to cut him]

He is indefinitely suspended, no one will touch him until they learn when/if he can play again, he will be killer trade bait for some teams.

there are a few teams and coaches that would love to have vick....The Patriots said they would love to have Vick...I guess they know more about talent than we do

Blank knows Vick has some value, the guy was a Pro Bowl caliber QB for Atlanta.  And with the revealing of just how poor our offensive personnel was last season, Vicks talent becomes more and more evident.

Even being 'damaged goods', Vick has some value.  Some team, like Tampa Bay or maybe Chicago, will be willing to take a chance on Vick, I am sure.  The NFL has given chances to players who have done far worse than Vick though frankly, what Vick was into makes me ill.

no one is going to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to trade him, therefore leaving him a falcon 4 life or at least until his career is over.

Well that will not happen for sure...If we dont cut him here in about 12months we will have to pay his 150 million dollar contract.

J-Wall (6/30/2008)
Well that will not happen for sure...If we dont cut him here in about 12months we will have to pay his 150 million dollar contract.

Now this is why some ppl call us idiots.....150mil???????????

First of all Vick contract was with performance incentives .....and it automatically reworked itself 2 years ago for not hitting some of the performance clauses....there you go

atlballer (6/30/2008)
J-Wall (6/30/2008)

Now this is why some ppl call us idiots.....150mil???????????

First of all Vick contract was with performance incentives .....and it automatically reworked itself 2 years ago for not hitting some of the performance clauses....there you go

BAM!!!!!!

Whats this about him almost certainly being a Buc when he is released? With or withour John Gruden why would you think he would go over to the darkside? Mike did some bad things, but our...my boy wouldnt do that.

J-Wall (6/30/2008)

NFL contracts are structured so that the player actually has to show up and play, before he gets paid.  That is why the Falcons still retain Vick's NFL rights.  Believe me, if the team had to pay Vick right now?  Vick would already be gone.

And in 12 months Vick will be traded, and that old contract of his will no longer be valid because Vick's new team will negotiate a new contract with him.

In fact since the Falcons challenged Vicks old contract, and technically won, I am not so sure that old contract still holds.  But for sure the Falcons still retain Vick's rights to play in the NFL.

Well bcuz Vick will need a place to play and Gruden LOVES Vick...to be honest that would be a good landing spot for hin since they dont have a QB...

egoprime (6/30/2008)
J-Wall (6/30/2008)

NFL contracts are structured so that the player actually has to show up and play, before he gets paid. That is why the Falcons still retain Vick's NFL rights. Believe me, if the team had to pay Vick right now? Vick would already be gone.

And in 12 months Vick will be traded, and that old contract of his will no longer be valid because Vick's new team will negotiate a new contract with him.

In fact since the Falcons challenged Vicks old contract, and technically won, I am not so sure that old contract still holds. But for sure the Falcons still retain Vick's rights to play in the NFL.

that ruling was overturn by a judge....the first ruling was by a mediator

atlballer (6/30/2008)
egoprime (6/30/2008)
J-Wall (6/30/2008)

NFL contracts are structured so that the player actually has to show up and play, before he gets paid. That is why the Falcons still retain Vick's NFL rights. Believe me, if the team had to pay Vick right now? Vick would already be gone.

In fact since the Falcons challenged Vicks old contract, and technically won, I am not so sure that old contract still holds. But for sure the Falcons still retain Vick's rights to play in the NFL.

You are right, however the judge reduced the amount the mediator said Vick owed the Falcons, down to I believe 3.5 million or so, if I am not mistaken.  The old amount was for over 20 million!  So that old contract may be null and void.

Does anyone know for sure?

that ruling was overturn by a judge....the first ruling was by a mediator

Hopefully we can cut him this summer when it's the most convenient for us. It's time to move on and rid ourselves of the mistake of Michael Vick forever. He'll never play here again so why keep him on the roster? No GM in their right mind would trade anything for Michael Vick. Just think of all the PETA people that will surround the team that picks Vick up. Not many teams will want to put up with that. Also, once he gets out of federal prison, he'll probably be tried by the state of Virginia and do another jail sentance.

Dawg Fan (6/30/2008)
Hopefully we can cut him this summer when it's the most convenient for us. It's time to move on and rid ourselves of the mistake of Michael Vick forever. He'll never play here again so why keep him on the roster? No GM in their right mind would trade anything for Michael Vick. Just think of all the PETA people that will surround the team that picks Vick up. Not many teams will want to put up with that. Also, once he gets out of federal prison, he'll probably be tried by the state of Virginia and do another jail sentance.

still slow.....vick and Peta have join forces remember.....come on catch up...we'll wait

atlballer (6/30/2008)
Dawg Fan (6/30/2008)

still slow.....vick and Peta have join forces remember.....come on catch up...we'll wait

So, you're telling me there won't be ANY protesters? Not a single one? Give me a break. :hehe:

egoprime (6/30/2008)
Blank knows Vick has some value, the guy was a Pro Bowl caliber QB for Atlanta.  And with the revealing of just how poor our offensive personnel was last season, Vicks talent becomes more and more evident.

Even being 'damaged goods', Vick has some value.  Some team, like Tampa Bay or maybe Chicago, will be willing to take a chance on Vick, I am sure.  The NFL has given chances to players who have done far worse than Vick though frankly, what Vick was into makes me ill.

Chicago won't even pick up Culppeper as a FA. Unfortunately, Chicago seems to have with black Qb's.:(

SAY WHAT YOU LIKE GUYS, BUT MIKE VICK IS STILL A FOOTBALL FORCE. LOOK HOW MUCH ATTENTION HE'S MAKING YOU GIVE HIM! MIKE, YOU STILL GOT IT. THEY CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF THEIR MINDS. MIKE YOU'RE EITHER SCAREING THE HOLY TOMMY NOBIS OUT OF THEM (WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET OUT), OR YOU MUST JUST BE SOMEONE THEY CAN'T FORGET  ........ "AS FOR ME ..... I'VE SEEN'EM ALL .... COME .... AND GO!:D

Michael pittman beat the **** out his lady, he's playing.

Leonard little is a f-ing murderer via dui and got caught driving under the influence months later, he's playing.

and this can go on for atleast another 12 active fp's.

The man will be back, regardless of this un-equal society. I would rather play with him than against him. No I cant say its going to be atl. although I hope; but picking up ryan instead of toning up the trenches and focusing on a run game with high hopes changed my thoughts on some things. i dont even have enough time to talk about this........

If he gets his life back in order good for him -- if he plays in the NFL ever again good for him -- If he happens to play for the Falcons again then good for him -- if not then shame on him -- other than that I could give a **** about someone who has no bearing on my life -- his decisions - his ramifications -- his life to live

owtcastedlegend (6/30/2008)

Leonard little is a f-ing murderer via dui and got caught driving under the influence months later, he's playing..

The difference is that those allegations, infractions or arrests did not happen on Goddell's watch & he's the new Sheriff in town.

Look @ the cases since Goddell has been Commish, not before he was.

For starters you got Vick, Pacman, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry & Odell Thurman

If you want to look @ how Vick can be absolved look @ how they went about doing it, or not, respectively.

no team is going to trade for a 130mil dollar contract.

2010 he will be realeased if the season is uncapped.

It will be uncapped if they don't reach agreement at the next talks.

dozer (6/30/2008)
owtcastedlegend (6/30/2008)

Leonard little is a f-ing murderer via dui and got caught driving under the influence months later, he's playing..

The difference is that those allegations, infractions or arrests did not happen on Goddell's watch & he's the new Sheriff in town.

Look @ the cases since Goddell has been Commish, not before he was.

For starters you got Vick, Pacman, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry & Odell Thurman

If you want to look @ how Vick can be absolved look @ how they went about doing it, or not, respectively.

umm....I dont see the relevance of this....What I would comprehend from my post, is that there is a lack of inequality from the society as a whole. The differentials in punishment are stupid and un-acceptable in a society that has labeled itself as equal. I dont give two baby back f-s about goddell the wanna be sheriff, Im talking about equal justice, EQUALITY.