consistentfalcon (6/30/2008)
sivik_outkast (6/30/2008)
I try to avoid them as much as I can, but I constantly catch myself trying to explain something to them and thinking they would understand it and agree.  Boy, I was ignorant for that.

your learning fast that actions speak louder than words:w00t:

Well, my emotions sometimes get the best of me and I have tunnel vision alot.  I love this team alot and tend to take some of this stuff personal.  But that is my own fault if I let those people anger me.  Because I know everyone has heard it, but it is very true "He who angers you controls you".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz
consistentfalcon

you are ok in my book , we just have different points of views. yours seems to be tell me and mine is show me

No, you're wrong there cf......I'm a show me guy too. It's just that I prefer to think that they are finally getting their act together at Flowery Branch. I don't know if they are or not.....obviously the proof will be on the field....

I don't deny the history of this franchise either. It's obviously been mostly miserable.

And if you think about it cf I never get on here and spout stuff like "Falcons are going 12-4" or "Ryan will be a multiple Probowl quarterback." I try to not my hopeful attitude cloud my judgment.

I think I'm probably an optimistic realist.

I also understand that sometimes people have bad days and it can translate to here, so I try to give lenience about it.  When it's constant and over a course of weeks or months, then that is just highly uncalled for.  Then they say "well just cause I disagree doesn't mean I'm a fan", there is a huge difference is disagreeing and straight bashing.  I wasn't happy with alot of stuff our team has done over the years, but it never made me want to get on here and be an attention hate monger.  I may get upset over a move we made or lack there of, but once I logically think about it then I accept it.  However, I support this team one hundred percent whether I am happy with FO or not.  As everyone real fan should. 

regardless of what moves they make its not in our control, thats why i dont let it bother me 1 way or the other.

gritblitzer (6/30/2008)
consistentfalcon

you are ok in my book , we just have different points of views. yours seems to be tell me and mine is show me

No, you're wrong there cf......I'm a show me guy too. It's just that I prefer to think that they are finally getting their act together at Flowery Branch. I don't know if they are or not.....obviously the proof will be on the field....

I don't deny the history of this franchise either. It's obviously been mostly miserable.

And if you think about it cf I never get on here and spout stuff like "Falcons are going 12-4" or "Ryan will be a multiple Probowl quarterback." I try to not my hopeful attitude cloud my judgment.

yes, i must say you are 1 of a very few optimistic realist, and your post are written as though they are well thought out when replying to other post.

I try to avoid them as much as I can, but I constantly catch myself trying to explain something to them and thinking they would understand it and agree.  Boy, I was ignorant for that.

your learning fast that actions speak louder than words:w00t:

Well, my emotions sometimes get the best of me and I have tunnel vision alot.  I love this team alot and tend to take some of this stuff personal.  But that is my own fault if I let those people anger me.  Because I know everyone has heard it, but it is very true "He who angers you controls you".

i was told at a young age act on the situation not on your emotions. some things are easily said than done

gritblitzer (6/30/2008)
consistentfalcon

yes, i must say you are 1 of a very few optimistic realist, and your post are written as though they are well thought out when replying to other post.

Consistentfalcon, I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with you.  Like you, Gritblitzer is consistent.  He appears to be realistic and his post are well thought out, however, to me he is sincere with his optimism.  To me CF, your negative vibe at times seems hateful just trying to get under the skin of the of the optimist.  I am sorry if I am wrong about that, it is just one man's opinion. 

Your name for the Falcons (Foulcons) is an overboard attempt rock the boat. It is disrespect to us all. Perhaps a winning season or 2 you might start calling them the Falcons or maybe even the Falcans.  One day our patience and optimism will pay off I know it will.  

gritblitzer (6/30/2008)

pigskinp.gif

Well said Gritz - The negative posters are much more extreme in their opinions & posts.

Calling Ryan a flat out bust now @ this time of yr, before TC is ridiculous to me.

I never said Ryan was the next P Manning or Brady, **** I'll be happy if he's eventually as successful as Rothlisberger.

Ryan is not gonna come in, light it up & instantly be a Pro Bowler in his first season.

Like all rookie QBs it will take him time to develop & adjust to the speed of the game, etc.

& like I've said before - this season we are the closest thing to an expansion team in the NFL.

Evidently, for whatever reason the negative posters (what a waste of their time btw) choose to bring attention to themselves w/ their extreme opinions & posts rather put last season behind them & be genuinely excited about rebuilding for the future & the new direction this franchise is going.

Here's to kicking off a new season & era of Falcons football beer.gif

formul8or (6/30/2008)
I got all positive and crap back before last season when everyone was hyped that Harrington would bloom and lead us, Anderson would wreck havok with Abe, and that we'd have a killer running game.

Because of being so hyped up I think it increased the disappointment ten-fold. So the way I see it now is looking realistically at what we've done. There are some improvements, but things such as the o-line have barely been addressed and these optimists are setting themselves up for disappointment by thinking we will be OK in that area.

Too many people put their faith in that the FO can do no wrong and if you keep a realistic mindset then you can only be slightly disappointed or greatly surprised from our results.

Really.. ? Thats interesting.. i didn't know you were in flowery branch watching the new coaching staff develop our Young offensive lineman, and improving the vets... interesting... well if you say that they barely addressed the OL ... well then that must be true... cause heck you know all right?.. its not like a LT makes much of a difference.. or moving people around.. signing people in FA.. i think i have a little more faith in our COACHING staff then in some dumb poster that thinks they know all... The Message board know all syndrome seems to be going around in mass lately

Pessimist's on this board almost always recant something they have heard on the media...ie; Baker has short arms, Ryan not best pick a number 3 overall, Dorsey best pick, didn't address OL and DL lines in the draft...... What I am saying is some people the "attention seekers" just like to pick fights with repeated gems of wisdom. The true fans disagree with passion and reason ie. CF while sometimes very negative he or she is at least consistant and original in his post.

Thanks for a great post I have enjoyed the discussion.

gritblitzer (6/30/2008)
The key is to not let any of them bother you. Recognize them for what they are: Attention seekers....because again, if they were truly disgusted with this franchise they wouldn't be on here posting in the first place........;)

dont worry about the negative posters , its the losing records the fans need to focus on we just here to say i told ya so

your wrong tool....the losing records is what TROLLS LIKE YOU focus on. true fans focus on what the team is doing & thinking positive about it no matter what & if it doesnt work out , we say.....cant wait till next year & dont try to act like we know more than the people paid to run this team.....so we havent had back 2 back winning seasons...the people running this team still know alot more than you or i will ever know about it....you should look up the word fan so you might get an idea of what one is

The Falcons are what they are.  I mean there are lots of franchises that haven't been relevant in years and years.  That is the nature of the beast in the NFL.  Another trait of the NFL is that you can go from worst to first, as was evidenced in the 98 season.  I watched that game with my roomate, who had money on Minnesota, and I watched him fold like a lawnchair when the field goal sealed the Vikings fate, in disbelief.  After all, this was the Falcons.  Sure they had won 14 games in the regular season, but to him, that was no more than "luck". 

My point is, we don't have superstars.  We are changing the culture. I enjoy the entertainment value of the trolls on this board.  Changing the Falcons name, by a consistent poster on this board, is nothing short of immature, and a lame attempt to get a rise out of the fans here, but it just echoes the frustration that all of us feel, regarding the Falcons.  I hope they are incredible this year, and shock the world...we'll see

I hate the bashers as much as the rest. They offer ill-informed opinions and merely hate for the sake of hating. However, I also dispise the ill-informed huggers on the message boards just as much.

I love the Falcons and I hope they succeed. But I'm also a realist and if I don't believe in the efficacy of an aspect of our team I should not be chided for my opinion. Too often ppl on this mb attack others that that say anything negative about the team. As if their concerns aren't valid because they don't have blind faith.

I've been a fan for a while i guess. I've seen some ups and downs. I'll keep calling it like I see it and I hope others do too. As long as the opinions expressed have some sort of support we shouldn't have a problem.

atl_dread_swanga (7/1/2008)
I hate the bashers as much as the rest. They offer ill-informed opinions and merely hate for the sake of hating. However, I also dispise the ill-informed huggers on the message boards just as much.

I love the Falcons and I hope they succeed. But I'm also a realist and if I don't believe in the efficacy of an aspect of our team I should not be chided for my opinion. Too often ppl on this mb attack others that that say anything negative about the team. As if their concerns aren't valid because they don't have blind faith.

I've been a fan for a while i guess. I've seen some ups and downs. I'll keep calling it like I see it and I hope others do too. As long as the opinions expressed have some sort of support we shouldn't have a problem.

Excellent post, couldn't have said it better myself. 

ATTENTION

That's all it's about.  Pessimism draws alot more attention to their posts than optimism does.  The poster generally is not that interesting, so they post outrageous stuff to draw attention to them selves and makes them feel important.  That is how I see it.

TELL THE TRUTH AND SHAME THE DEVIL. YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL. NEGATIVITY DRAWS ATTENTION. AND MOST (NOT ALL) OF THE PESSIMIST NEED ATTENTION. THEY THRIVE ON IT. THEY LOVE TO BE FLAMED. THEY SEE THE FLAME AS ATTENTION. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PESSIMIST VANISH ........ STOP RESPONDING TO THEM, AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.:)

If you think the Falcons have been terrible, look no further than the Cardinals, Lions, Browns, Saints, Oilers (before Titans) and Texans.  I believe that when you haven't been successful, you can actually take getting beat more, than say a team that's had a winning history and has been getting it handed to them over the past few years. (Look at the Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, Bills, Jets, 49ers and Rams.)  I'm sure their expectations are much higher than ours and when they have seasons like we usually have, it becomes much harder for them to accept than for us.  Given the past, it makes Falcons' fans appreciate the wins more than those teams' fans and considering that we tend to be the 'underdog' in most games because the media never gives us any credibility. 

Let's look at the Braves and how bad they were prior to 1991.  The run they had recently was simply amazing but I also realize that many 'fans' got to the point to where they expected them to win all the time and started supporting them less.  I wonder that if the Falcons could go on major winning run, if the 'fans' will continue to support them or if they'd just turn out like many of those Braves fans did.  I've been a fan of this team since its' inception into the NFL and have learned throughout the years to have a 'resonable expectation' of this team. But the Falcons are my team and win or lose I'm going to be pulling for them every single game and above all, be supportive of the coaches and players that I have no control over, even if I don't necessarily agree with the decisions being made.

We'll definitely be 'underdogs' again this year and in probably every single game minus two or three home games.  I hope we win the games we should win, and win some of those that we normally wouldn't have a chance in ****....   

mark hunter (7/1/2008)
gritblitzer (6/30/2008)
The key is to not let any of them bother you. Recognize them for what they are: Attention seekers....because again, if they were truly disgusted with this franchise they wouldn't be on here posting in the first place........;)

dont worry about the negative posters , its the losing records the fans need to focus on we just here to say i told ya so

your wrong tool....the losing records is what TROLLS LIKE YOU focus on. true fans focus on what the team is doing & thinking positive about it no matter what & if it doesnt work out , we say.....cant wait till next year & dont try to act like we know more than the people paid to run this team.....so we havent had back 2 back winning seasons...the people running this team still know alot more than you or i will ever know about it....you should look up the word fan so you might get an idea of what one is

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Chill out man im focusing on what the team is doing, they are starting over AGAIN, just like they do every time they have about 3 or 4 consecutive seasons. so when i think of fan i think of something that goes round and around just like this constant starting over. if you pay attention you'll see it to

Bill Cox (7/1/2008)
consistentfalcon (6/30/2008)[hr

i'm guessing the foulcons will be 3-13 range that better than the analyst gives so that makes me a positive poster wouldnt you say

If you're gonna be a miserable ba*tard and vomit on our boards, atleast speak English. 

if you dont understand the post , dont waste your time reading or responding to them, as i've been told what a waste of time. otherwise do like even others do and be my spellchecker

CHECK OUT THE POSTS OF CONSISTENT FALCON WITHIN THIS THREAD. HE'S MADE A NUMBER OF POST BECAUSE HE IS IN HIS ELEMENT ....... NEGATIVITY. THE MORE RESPONCE HE GETS .... THE BETTER HE FEELS, THE MORE IMPORTANCE HE FEELS, AND THE MORE NEGATIVE HE GETS. HE IS A TRUE PESSIMIST AND ANTI-FALCON. HE CLAIMS TO BE A FAN. BUT THERES NO WAY HE CAN BE. HE HAS NEVER SAID NOT ONE POSITIVE THING ABOUT THE FALCONS ....... AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A FAN?