I Just wanted to remind everyone about someone

Calvin Johnson

I said it 1000 times even before the  mess broke out, and I was ridiculed and hushed by the dreamers that trusted the FO(I have done the research so dont say the trade couldnt have been made)

If things with Vick didnt work out,A rookie QB would salivate at the thought of having a target like Calvin Johnson

CJ and Roddy brings eight out of the box and I think he would have helped Ryan tremendously by making teams take a second thought about blitzing which then helps the oline which then helps the running game when then helps a rookie QB shine

Could you imagine targets like Roddy and Calvin for Ryan? then we would really look like the begginings of Peyton's start with Marvin and Reggie

I would bet any amount of money that all of the problems they are having and WILL have with selling tickets wouldnt have been an issue with the thought of Ryan Johnson and White with the Thunder and Lightning Tandem

a sigh is sounded and an "oh well" is said

Even so, we would've had to give up Jamal Anderson and the pick we took Laurent Robenson at. So with no DE last year we would have almost certainly taken C.Long or Dorsey and therefore we wouldn't have Ryan anyway.

I'm happy the way it worked out. I think J.A. will have a nice year this year.

You have gotta be kidding me, b1tchin about last year's draft??? cmon CJ didn't even have that great of a rookie season, how bout instead of whining and wishing you could turn back time, why don't you just support a player that the team already has in Jamaal Anderson and hope and pray that he does what we hope he would do when we brought him in here? That way you dont waste our time nor your own.

Ok last year I was all about trading to get CJ but then on draft day when I heard what Detroit was wanting (basically another teams entire draft) it just wasn't logical.  I have no faith in Jamaal Anderson but we would not have been able to move up and take CJ without giving up our whole draft basically.

Here's the most important thing though and this got into my head about three years ago when everyone was talking about having Moss and TO on the team at the same time.  If you want to stop great WR's you just have to get to the QB and with the OL being probably the weakest part of our team that's not likely to be very difficult.  CJ wouldn't be a difference maker for us this year but I do expect him to have a great season.

the baptist (6/28/2008)
Calvin Johnson

I said it 1000 times even before the  mess broke out, and I was ridiculed and hushed by the dreamers that trusted the FO(I have done the research so dont say the trade couldnt have been made)

If things with Vick didnt work out,A rookie QB would salivate at the thought of having a target like Calvin Johnson

CJ and Roddy brings eight out of the box and I think he would have helped Ryan tremendously by making teams take a second thought about blitzing which then helps the oline which then helps the running game when then helps a rookie QB shine

Could you imagine targets like Roddy and Calvin for Ryan? then we would really look like the begginings of Peyton's start with Marvin and Reggie

I would bet any amount of money that all of the problems they are having and WILL have with selling tickets wouldnt have been an issue with the thought of Ryan Johnson and White with the Thunder and Lightning Tandem

a sigh is sounded and an "oh well" is said

It would have cost us probably this Ryan pick and many others to get CJ which is a joke no WR can impact a team so much that they should give up three-four top level prospects.  A stupid idea no WR deserves that much given up for him.  BTW I don't even like the Ryan pick but I wouldn't give him up for CJ.  A WR is not worth a QB or a first round pick certainly not that plus a second and probably another first.

Forget Calvin why would we want him when we could have stayed at 8 like we did and taken Patrick Willis which along with Reggie Nelson was the 2 guys i wanted in the 1st round. AP i liked i just didn't think he would fall to us and he didn't. I liked Calvin but i liked those 3 better and would still take all 3 of them over Calvin to this day if they all 4 would have dropped to 8.