Matt Ryan Authentic Jersey at a discount?

g-dawg

I bought this - english site - with currency exchange it was like $59 and with overnite shipping it was like $74. It seems like at that price it would be a "knock-off" so maybe I am going to get "taken" here - I don't know - probably. Seems "too good to be true".  I have never bought anything on e-bay before - so maybe I am naive. This seller had a 98.1% Positive rating(maybe he can make it up himself).

I will let you know how the jersey looks when I get it - if its a knock-off but it looks as good as advertised I will be happy. If it looks nothing like the pictures, I will be pizzed. 

E-Bay website selling the Matt Ryan Authentics for $59(click below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...52BSI%26otn%3D4

eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180257484400&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=180257484878&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4#ebayphotohosting

A>

A>

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either not an authentic or it is stolen.  Maybe they meant repli thentic which is between authentic and the replica.  Usually the replica jerseys are around $65.  I bought my sons for around $25 off the 365 website but as good as the deals were the authentics were still around $200 or so.

Good luck.  Let me know how it comes out.

I will let you know phatty. Did you look at the website on e-bay that I linked for you?  Please advise.

The jersey on the website looked authentic to me - of course that does not necessarily mean the one I get delivered to my house in the box will look the same.

I bought one recently (from a US seller) and it is looks awesome. All the tags, silver nfl collar insert and was even in the original plastic.  My was 60.00 shipped and looks "authentic". My friend got one too and we compared it to his old Vick replica-thentic and the ones we got are 1000 times nicer. For the price even if it is a knockoff  it was well worth the price and looks fantastic.

thanks seamill.....btw, you look an awful lot like Matt Ryan in that jersey......who is the guy in the varsity shirt next to you?............j/k:P:P

Hopefully my jersey turns out as nice as yours.....if it looks like the one on the link from e-bay - then well worth the money - I hate paying retail - retail is for suckers.....

I will let you know uscdirtybird.  It looks like its overnited from the UK so I would guess I would have the jersey by Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when the thing gets processed.

In the meantime, if you save my "link" you have the e-bay business I ordered it from.  Hopefully its legit. Just check back - I will try and bump it back up once I receive the merchandise. It looks like the sizes are Large(50) and X-Large(52).

g-dawg (6/27/2008)
thanks seamill.....btw, you look an awful lot like Matt Ryan in that jersey......who is the guy in the varsity shirt next to you?............j/k:P:P

Hopefully my jersey turns out as nice as yours.....if it looks like the one on the link from e-bay - then well worth the money - I hate paying retail - retail is for suckers.....

Mine looks just like the one in his picture, except it is the white version. I had my doubts as well, (even though I have used eBay for years) but I was estatic when I saw it. People are selling them for that price, so dont be "concerned". You know a replica jersey, but the "replica-thentic" has "sewn on numbers and name" ....althought the quality wasn't near as nice as the Matt Ryan one I got. Also, Falcons logo on the sleave is screen printed (at least my friend's  "replica-thentic" Vick jersey was). If I hadn't seen our Ryan jersey I would say the Vick one was nice, but the one I got was flawless. I am sure you will be pleased. Keep me posted.

seamill returns (6/27/2008)
g-dawg (6/27/2008)

Mine looks just like the one in his picture, except it is the white version. I had my doubts as well, (even though I have used eBay for years) but I was estatic when I saw it. People are selling them for that price, so dont be "concerned". You know a replica jersey, but the "replica-thentic" has "sewn on numbers and name" ....althought the quality wasn't near as nice as the Matt Ryan one I got. Also, Falcons logo on the sleave is screen printed (at least my friend's  "replica-thentic" Vick jersey was). If I hadn't seen our Ryan jersey I would say the Vick one was nice, but the one I got was flawless. I am sure you will be pleased. Keep me posted.

will do seamill - I will keep you posted.........if this guy is legit, I will help promote him I guess to the other guys on the board.  love gettin "a deal".:)

I thought about sharing my experience getting the jersey but figured most people used ebay and could check for themselves. In addition, I thought it might be frowned upon because of Falcons 365 sells jerseys too. However, since I already have been talking about it I got a Deion Sanders black throwback for $40.00 last year and it was sewn on as well (and came in original plastic). Like I said, even iif it is a knockoff I am very happy with the quality. Its nicer than replica...and nicer than the replica-thentic or EQT or whatever they are called and was cheaper than either one.

FalconMama (6/27/2008)
I ordered a Jersey from winter.38 earlier this year for my brother and I had no complaints other than my brother fat ##### not being able to wear it..

cool, that is good to know FalconMama.........so, winter.38 produce was good - other than your brother's fat arss!:D

what kind of jersey did you order from winter.38? just curious - was it an authentic at a reduced price like mine?  thanks again FalconMama - between you and seamill, I am feeling better about my purchase by the minute.:)

g-dawg (6/27/2008)
FalconMama (6/27/2008)
I ordered a Jersey from winter.38 earlier this year for my brother and I had no complaints other than my brother fat ##### not being able to wear it..

cool, that is good to know FalconMama.........so, winter.38 produce was good - other than your brother's fat arss!:D

what kind of jersey did you order from winter.38? just curious - was it an authentic at a reduced price like mine?  thanks again FalconMama - between you and seamill, I am feeling better about my purchase by the minute.:)

Bob Sanders authentic same price as yours..

ucsbdirtybird (6/27/2008)
Let me know how it turns out.  I am going to the games in Oakland and San Diego this year, and the only Falcons jersey I still have has a number 7 on it :sick:

Just a piece of advice....not sure if you have been to a Raiders game before but I went to a Raiders/Chiefs game 2 years (I think) ago wearing a Vick Falcons jersey and got a knife pulled on me. Keep in mind they were not playing the Falcons, but the jersey was red (like the Chiefs) so that was a bad idea. I can only imagine if you wore the Falcons jersey to the game when they are playing them. I saw a lot of Chiefs fans get jacked up (and no, they were not wimps or talking trash) and most were minding their own buisness. Its sad Raiders fans are such jerks....worse than most opposing stadiums.  

FalconMama (6/27/2008)
g-dawg (6/27/2008)
FalconMama (6/27/2008)

Bob Sanders authentic same price as yours..

cool....thanks again....

ucsbdirtybird (6/27/2008)
Let me know how it turns out.  I am going to the games in Oakland and San Diego this year, and the only Falcons jersey I still have has a number 7 on it :sick:

Just a piece of advice....not sure if you have been to a Raiders game before but I went to a Raiders/Chiefs game 2 years (I think) ago wearing a Vick Falcons jersey and got a knife pulled on me. Keep in mind they were not playing the Falcons, but the jersey was red (like the Chiefs) so that was a bad idea. I can only imagine if you wore the Falcons jersey to the game when they are playing them. I saw a lot of Chiefs fans get jacked up (and no, they were not ******* or anything and they were minding their own buisness. Its sad Raiders fans are such jerks....worse than most opposing stadiums.  

I guess that is why they call it "The Black Hole" - yeah, just from lookin' at those neanderthals in the stands on TV looks kind of scary...

They are not real Authentic jerseys that NFL sells but they look like they are authentic. The jerseys you are getting are made in China and thats why they are so cheap...

I bought mine from ebay 2 Vick jerseys and thought they were authentic. Than i compared them to the one my friend payed 300 dollars for and you could see the difference in stitching. The logo , numbers, and letters looked identical so its still a good buy because if you dont look really really really close you will think its authentic.

falcon_freddie (6/27/2008)
Oh, it's in all likelyhood a knock-off.  If you compair a knock-off with an authentic jersey the difference in quality is obvious.  However, if all you want it for is some close facsimile of a jersey, and don't care about authenticity, it will probably do.

falcon_freddie,

did you even go to the website and look at all the pictures and tags on the clothes?  Falconmama already has stated she got a jersey at same discounted price from there and it was the "real deal". The guy who is selling them has a really, really high rating from other e-bay buyers for satisfaction.

These jerseys are either "authentic" or so close to being authentic that it won't even matter.  The stitching looks good, materials look good - everything - go look at the link to the website I provided you Freddie in the opening. I think even a "critic" like yourself will be impressed.  I should have jersey by next Friday nite and I will let you know - I have 4 authentic jersey's now - so, I know what they should look like.

sdogg (6/27/2008)
I just bought one myself......from the looks of the pictures, it looks like the real deal or very close to it. Now Im ready for some Falcon Football.

yeah me too sdogg!  ready for some football.  got my season tix last week, got one of those "falcon faux leather helmet hats" two weeks ago and just got this Matt Ryan jersey which I am confident is authentic or so close it won't matter.

Let's get it on with the football!!!  GO FALCONS!!!

g-dawg (6/27/2008)

who did you buy yours from seamill?

the only thing I am noticing now that might not be quite right on mine from "winter.38" is the actual jersey "mesh" - it looks like it may be an "older style" and not as thick as some others - I don't know.......whatever, I paid $75 w/ shipping for the thing which is what a cheap-arss replica jersey goes for - so, regardless I am a winner.

Around this time last year I was seriously considering buying a Deangelo Hall jersey. Needless to say, I'm pretty glad I didn't. With all the parity that goes on in the NFL, I'd rather pass on a player-specific jersey (unless its a throwback) and instead opt for a nice team jacket or something along those lines that remains up to date as long as the team logo or location doesn't change.