So MS ripped off the whole "PSN Home" idea

QV_26 (6/26/2008)
I don't get this..the whole idea of basically having online sims is just stupid. Really Really stupid.

You don't understand what Home is then. Here are some features of Home:

- 3D social network (as you said)

- 3D environment to show your Trophies (i.e. achievments). Here you will be able to upload video content of certain events in your gaming where you scored the Trophies, or video footage of something really cool you did in a game. <--- This is related to the whole video capture feature implemented recently in PS3.

- A place where you will be able to attend virtual press conferences from SCE divisions, SCE WWS, and third party developers.

- A place where you will be able to play games such as chess, checkers, pool, arcade games, bowling, and more.

- A place where you will be able to launch into games with your friends with one very easy step.

- A place where you will be able to watch video content (Movies, TV shows, sports, etc.) virtually with your friends in a cinema.

- A place where you will see developer- and game-specific rooms. Warhawk, EA, Resistance, Uncharted, and many many more will have their own rooms where they will compliment the game's content. For example, in Warhawk, the rooms will have 3D scaled maps where you and friends will be able to go in and use figurines to strategize before you actually go into a match (just like in real life with the models). You will be able to launch directly into Warhawk, and once you're done, you will all immediately go back into that room together.

Of course Microsoft is desperate as the PS3 has outsold its failing X360 by millions so far in 2008. A more expensive product in PS3 doing so.

ProtoType (6/27/2008)
morphy (6/27/2008)
Its beginning to look like this is fake.

In other news: http://www.cracked.com/article_16434_p2.html(#2)

Nope, not a fake.

Joystiq says "noooo":  http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/26/ru...me-my-gamerpad/

Update: Joystiq received an official statement regarding this rumor, "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation." Meanwhile at 4chan, posters are claiming the images were created as an intentional joke. While verification is difficult because of the Anonymous posting method of the site we're going to have to reiterate our feeling that My GamerPad looks too fake (and crappy) to be legit. Photoshopped image looks photoshopped.

Microsoft never comments on rumors by policy, so we really won't know unless something more solid gets leaked.

womfalcs3 (6/27/2008)
QV_26 (6/26/2008)
I don't get this..the whole idea of basically having online sims is just stupid. Really Really stupid.

- 3D environment to show your Trophies (i.e. achievments). Here you will be able to upload video content of certain events in your gaming where you scored the Trophies, or video footage of something really cool you did in a game. <--- This is related to the whole video capture feature implemented recently in PS3.

- A place where you will be able to attend virtual press conferences from SCE divisions, SCE WWS, and third party developers.

- A place where you will be able to play games such as chess, checkers, pool, arcade games, bowling, and more.

- A place where you will be able to launch into games with your friends with one very easy step.

- A place where you will be able to watch video content (Movies, TV shows, sports, etc.) virtually with your friends in a cinema.

- A place where you will see developer- and game-specific rooms. Warhawk, EA, Resistance, Uncharted, and many many more will have their own rooms where they will compliment the game's content. For example, in Warhawk, the rooms will have 3D scaled maps where you and friends will be able to go in and use figurines to strategize before you actually go into a match (just like in real life with the models). You will be able to launch directly into Warhawk, and once you're done, you will all immediately go back into that room together.

Of course Microsoft is desperate as the PS3 has outsold its failing X360 by millions so far in 2008. A more expensive product in PS3 doing so.

so you're saying its myspace, with just a bunch of guys, and no pics.....

QV_26 (6/27/2008)

Yeah, to be honest I don't see any real world application of this, other than "ROFL LOOK AT MY TROPHYCHIEVEMENT!"  I would rather they (both console) focus further on media integration, but that's probably just because I'm a home media junkie.

QV_26 (6/27/2008)
womfalcs3 (6/27/2008)
QV_26 (6/26/2008)

You can use video-on-demand in MySpace? You can launch into games in MySpace? You can have Trophies in MySpace? You can have live virtual press conferences from developers in MySpace? You can have game-specific rooms like the one I described in MySpace?

All with your friends?

Where's the logic in your post?

morphy (6/27/2008)
ProtoType (6/27/2008)
morphy (6/27/2008)
Its beginning to look like this is fake.

In other news: http://www.cracked.com/article_16434_p2.html(#2)

Nope, not a fake.

Joystiq says "noooo": http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/26/ru...me-my-gamerpad/

Update: Joystiq received an official statement regarding this rumor, "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation." Meanwhile at 4chan, posters are claiming the images were created as an intentional joke. While verification is difficult because of the Anonymous posting method of the site we're going to have to reiterate our feeling that My GamerPad looks too fake (and crappy) to be legit. Photoshopped image looks photoshopped.

Microsoft never comments on rumors by policy, so we really won't know unless something more solid gets leaked.

More then likely it could be true, but it's just a rumor so far.

just to let you know right off the bat, I think MySpace is almost a complete waste of time too. if they put this on the ps3 and 360, great, np, I won't be using it much, probably not at all to be honest, but if they make it where you have to go through it to play any games or watch movies, then i'll be irritated

QV_26 (6/28/2008)
just to let you know right off the bat, I think MySpace is almost acomplete waste of time too. if they put this on the ps3 and 360, great, np, I won't be using it much, probably not at all to be honest, but if they make it where you have to go through it to play any games or watch movies, then i'll be irritated

Thinking Home is MySpace is so ludicrous... so stop doing it. Go do that on a gaming forum, you'll be ridiculed out of there.