NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys are keeping close tabs on Joe Horn's situation in Atlanta

atljbo

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys are keeping close tabs on Joe Horn's situation in Atlanta.

Schefter says Horn has become "plan 1A" for Dallas if Terry Glenn doesn't sign his injury waiver and the Cowboys could send Atlanta a late-round pick.

TRADE HIM NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

bossFALCON"! (6/26/2008)
was this on NFLN? dang im trying to switch from the NBA draft to NFLN back and forth. i'd probably take anything higher than a 7th for horn.

im looking at the draft to..... but yea... the thing is... i think we can get a 6th round pick for joe horn

atljbo (6/26/2008)
swiftkick (6/26/2008)
Glenn for Joe Horn ?

sign me up

We dont need glenn.....

Horn for a draft pick.................

sign me up

Yea we do .. we need a veteran prensence

a 6th round pick is useless and will not contribute as much as a player like Glenn would

swiftkick (6/26/2008)
atljbo (6/26/2008)
swiftkick (6/26/2008)
Glenn for Joe Horn ?

sign me up

We dont need glenn.....

sign me up

a 6th round pick is useless and will not contribute as much as a player like Glenn would

ill rather have a draft pick or 6'6 306lbs LT Doug Free ..... dallas wants to win now so they would do that trade

swiftkick (6/26/2008)
atljbo (6/26/2008)
swiftkick (6/26/2008)
Glenn for Joe Horn ?

sign me up

We dont need glenn.....

sign me up

glenn is like 35 and he is coming off of injury and from what i hear he isnt doing well. he probably wouldnt contribute much this year and most likely would be cut or retire the following offseason. you never know what that 6th round pick could end up being.

swiftkick (6/26/2008)
atljbo (6/26/2008)
swiftkick (6/26/2008)
Glenn for Joe Horn ?

sign me up

We dont need glenn.....

sign me up

Someone needs to give Tom Brady the memo then...

nobkowski (6/26/2008)
Horn signed a contract with the Atl Falcons and should honor it. Quit all the b-and moaning,

He doesn't deserve go to a championship team.

i agree, but i think the only reason he signed here was so he could play with vick.. and he's made his support of vick clear in the past. Vick's gone, the falcons sucked last year, and now he wants out. he's still a DECENT player and at least a good mentor, so i think that if anything i would rather keep Horn than settle for a low round pick, but i definitely wouldnt trade Horn for Glenn...

This could also be posturing for Snake Oil Salesman Jones to make Terry Glenn take the IR pay.  Who knows but it would be nice to get something out of him even though we were forced to show our hand first with Joe's not so much the "Team Player" after one year.  Back to the old crusty jive talkin' Joe. 

There is also the matter of guaranteed money over 4 years that he only is willing to honor 1 of those 4 years.  4M guaranteed.  Rough assumption that the remaining 3M hits 1M this year and 2M in dead pool next year.  OK, Jerry give us the pick to settle the difference.;)

phattywankenobi (6/26/2008)
This could also be posturing for Snake Oil Salesman Jones to make Terry Glenn take the IR pay. Who knows but it would be nice to get something out of him even though we were forced to show our hand first with Joe's not so much the "Team Player" after one year. Back to the old crusty jive talkin' Joe.

There is also the matter of guaranteed money over 4 years that he only is willing to honor 1of those 4 years. 4M guaranteed. Rough assumption that the remaining 3M hits 1M this year and 2M in dead pool next year. OK, Jerry give us the pick to settle the difference.;)

But thats the same reason why jerry jones would have to trade for horn..... since we owe joe horn around 3 million in bonus money...... he is not getting cut this year

NiteFalcon (6/26/2008)
nobkowski (6/26/2008)
Horn signed a contract with the Atl Falcons and should honor it. Quit all the b-and moaning,

He doesn't deserve go to a championship team.

i agree, but i think the only reason he signed here was so he could play with vick.. and he's made his support of vick clear in the past. Vick's gone, the falcons sucked last year, and now he wants out. he's still a DECENT player and at least a good mentor, so i think that if anything i would rather keep Horn than settle for a low round pick, but i definitely wouldnt trade Horn for Glenn...

In the past our recievers dropped so many passes Jenny Craig wanted them to do commercials, then we gain Horn, loose Vick and have a line so banged up it seemed our QB's took the snaps from the opposing nose gaurds in some of the games. How can you make a true assessment on most of the players we have on our team now? Assumption is the Mother of most screw ups! I hold judgement about everybody on our team until the season gets underway.

falconchef (6/27/2008)
Dare I dream..."S Roy Williams gets a fresh start with the Falcons for disgruntled WR Joe Horn"???

Roy Williams does not fit our scheme....... In Cover 2 Roy Will look even worser......... plus you will have to see how much Roy Williams is making

Cap charges: $6.667 million (2008), $7.35 million (2009), $7 million (2010)

atljbo (6/27/2008)
falconchef (6/27/2008)
Dare I dream..."S Roy Williams gets a fresh start with the Falcons for disgruntled WR Joe Horn"???

Roy Williams does not fit our scheme....... In Cover 2 Roy Will look even worser......... plus you will have to see how much Roy Williams is making

Cap charges: $6.667 million (2008), $7.35 million (2009), $7 million (2010)

I knew somebody would call me on that one...Yet it's all part of my master plan to trade S Roy Williams for the Roy Williams I REALLY want...WR Roy Williams!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!:hehe: