JAMAAL ANDERSON

91dirty

Future beast - starting towards the end of the 2008-9 season.

He will be very effective against the run, and when unleashed on the outside shoulder, rather than lined up directly over the tackle as he was last year, he'll be a real pass-rush threat from LDE.

On third downs, he will move inside, and will be able to generate pass rush with his quickness, and agility, and will bat down balls with his long arms.

Those who have already ruled him a bust understand nothing about player development.

i dont know if any one remembers or was on the MB in 07 when i was saying we needed Adam Carriker from Nebraska...i know it would be a reach at the #7 spot but i mean, a guy that was a WR that turned to a DE and is considered a top 10 pick means that he had a lucky year or its pure talent, (which i hope its talent cuz thatll mean he may have a good year this season), but carriker has been a dominate DE his whole career, and is basically proven himself in the NFL so far, so im hope jamaal breaks out like his senior year, then its not our like 5th bust of this decade..

Furtue beast,I think he will improve greatly this year but I don't believe we will really start buying his jerseys until his third year. DE is one of the hardest transitions to make in the NFL(QB and OT are the others IMO). He reminds me of Michael Strahan a little,both tall and big.

Jamaal just needs to loose a few pounds to regain some quickness.

How anyone can say beast is straight ********. The kid is lowsy against the run and horrid against the pass. Unless he's eaten some magical pill that enables you generate a pass rush then it's B-U-S-T.

Remember, your fomer GM made the pikc without seeing him in person. Typical Mckay who drafts bust after bust.  

DirtyBird4L (6/26/2008)
Furtue beast,I think he will improve greatly this year but I don't believe we will really start buying his jerseys until his third year. DE is one of the hardest transitions to make in the NFL(QB and OT are the others IMO). He reminds me of Michael Strahan a little,both tall and big.

Jamaal just needs to loose a few pounds to regain some quickness.

Despite numerous fan reports of Jamaal looking big and soft it has been reported by the media and team officials that Jamaal in fact LOST weight to get quicker.

People need to learn to be patient with players.  Just because he didn't do anything his first year doesn't mean he won't become the player we expected him to be.

Patrick Kerney only had 25 tackles his first year (2.5 sacks) followed up by a 45 tackle (2.5 sack) season his second.  3/4ths of this message board were calling him a bust, a wasted pick etc etc.

72.5 sacks and 420 tackles later, he turned out alright didn't he?

Give Jamaal a chance guys.  He has the skills and smarts to be good but it's going to take time. 

Jigga Donkey (6/26/2008)
How anyone can say beast is straight ********. The kid is lowsy against the run and horrid against the pass. Unless he's eaten some magical pill that enables you generate a pass rush then it's B-U-S-T.

Remember, your fomer GM made the pikc without seeing him in person. Typical Mckay who drafts bust after bust.  

What column do you write for, because the really well respected ones, and the ones that are not quality enough to line a birdcage with all say that Jamal is excellent against the run, or did you do your usual and write this "in-depth analysis" with your head up your own _ss again?

Magic Man (6/26/2008)
Jigga Donkey (6/26/2008)

What column do you write for, because the really well respected ones, and the ones that are not quality enough to line a birdcage with all say that Jamal is excellent against the run, or did you do your usual and write this "in-depth analysis" with your head up your own _ss again?

i agree magic....but didnt you see the dont feed the troll signs

Let's be fair. He did not rush the passer well last year, but he was fairly stout against the run. Of course he made a few rookie mistakes, but he will improve. The bottom line is that he's blessed with above average athletic ability, and he just needs to continue to work on technique.

On that note, I was happy to find out that he's been working with Chuck Smith this offseason. I think Chuck (along with helpp from Abe and the new coaches) will help him improve greatly this season. I predict 8-10 sacs for the young fella this year. He won't be classified a bust very long.

With first class coaching...............for the FIRST time, in his NFL career, Jamaal will be better than fine.

He will be an impact player.

Just another "under the radar" Falcon player, which is excellent.

We will be the SURPRISE team of 2008 in the NFL.

Magic Man (6/26/2008)

Yes of course, that's what a top 10 DE pick is paid to do correct? That's what he got millions for, to stop the run.

Well done, he's stellar against the run but can't beat a simple one-on-one to register one sack the entire year? He's got John Abe on the other side and he can't muster up one sack?

Wow, but he's incredible against the run.

Before I post this let me disclaim that he's got just one year under his belt so I'm not making any predictions with much force.

I predict he'll be a bust. He wont be a Jimmy Williams type bust that ends up off the team in a few years but he'll never live up to his draft slot. He'll be an average DE at his peak with 4-6 sacks a year. Useful but not someone you want to pay what we're paying. Anderson's game is weak in so many areas. He's slow, his instincts are terrible, he's got no explosiveness, he plays too high, he's weak, he's got no technique, etc. He'll overcome enough of these to be an average player. He'll play on raw ability with just enough skill to hold down starting jobs. He will have a relatively short career because any slip in athleticism will see a huge slip in production.