Draft

krammmit

Ok if we do get the first pick in the draft next year what do u people think, Will we draft a O-Line, CB, Or D-Line? I think we should upgrade our O-Line. There are a bunch of holes we should have addressed, but if Ryan is the franchise lets make sure of it. Defense wins games but come on, were not going to be like the Ravens in 2000. I think Offense puts butts in the seats.

with the first pick...........right now ill have to say LT.... I know we just drafted Sam Baker but this draft will have 3 Joe Thomas type LT (

Monroe_Eugene.jpg

6'6 315lbs LT Eugene Monroe, Virginia:Eugene Monroe gave up zero sacks last year ......Everybody wonder why Brandon Albert didnt start at LT for Virginia....This is why

mississippi_michael_oher_sm.jpg

6'5 318lbs LT Michael Oher, Ole Miss: Mostly everyone here wanted Oher to come out early last year

72978995.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB1991698DF7BED8DCA40A659CEC4C8CB6

6'4 339lbs LT Andre Smith, Alabama: This guy is just a monster

Everybody think 6'4 298lbs DT Fili Moala from USC will be a top 10 pick but they are wrong.... this guy is a mid first round- early second round picks...

These guys will not go number one but they are top 10 guys

6'3 218lbs WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech

6'7 255lbs DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech

6'2 245lbs OLB/ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

6'2 255lbs ILB Rey Maualuga, USC

6'0 202lbs CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

6'0 200lbs CB Vontae Davis, Illinois

6'4 225lbs FS/SS Taylor Mays, SS, USC

NiteFalcon (6/25/2008)
Right now i would have to say defensive lineman.

If we end up with the 1st overall pick i think its safe to say that Jamaal Anderson busted for another year. And we wont be patient with him, we would target a new DE

6'7 255lbs DE Michael Johnson whom play for Georgia Tech is the best DE of the draft..... Dude is not worth the number 1 pick.....NO D-Lineman is worth the #1 pick

Unless Michael Johnson has 18 sacks this year..... then at the combine he runs a 4.4 and bench press 225lbs 30 times...... I dont see him going #1

No o-lineman will be taken #1 unless they are LT and we won't be getting that.

I don't think we'll be bad enough at CB to warrant picking one that early.

DT is what I want to see, but if we passed on Dorsey(and there WILL NOT be a Dorsey equivalent player this year) I don't think we'll go that route either.

I think we trade down and get an o-lineman or a linebacker to replace Boley.

doubletrouble21 (6/25/2008)
Whichever position shows to need more skilled players at this season, which I believe will be CB.

sorry but no way should a CB be the pick if we have a selection that high considering that we are transitioning into a cover-2 scheme. that would just make no sense.

i think well have a top 10 pick to be honest, and well consider OL help and DL help, because we need to upgrade our talent in the trenches before we do anything else to be honest. while i like the way we drafted this year it just means we have to stock up on help along the lines next year. im fine with that, but we need to come through for the OL and DL.

We'll see how this year goes, but I would like to see a stud o-lineman so we could run it down their throats or have Ryan pick them apart and would keep our D fresh. If we pick top ten I would love a big time safety. We just missed on Landry lets make up for it and get a new Scott Case back there. One of my favorite Falcons of all time.

Krammmit (6/25/2008)
Ok if we do get the first pick in the draft next year what do u people think, Will we draft a O-Line, CB, Or D-Line? I think we should upgrade our O-Line. There are a bunch of holes we should have addressed, but if Ryan is the franchise lets make sure of it. Defense wins games but come on, were not going to be like the Ravens in 2000. I think Offense puts butts in the seats.

WE JUST HAD ONE. DO YOU LIKE THE DRAFT BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL SEASON?:)

has a corner ever gone #1 overall? none that i can think of off the top of my head. i dont think we'd go corner #1 overall because we will be running the cover 2 system and that #1 overall corner will be getting paid a whole bunch. we probably could have kept hall for how much we'd pay that guy.

if we get the #1 pick next year, which i highly doubt unless we are the worst team in the league at 4-12 (i dont see us doing anything worse than 4-12), it'll probably be for OT or DT or maybe even DE if anderson doesnt workout.