Harrington is Number One!

iDash

Shaud, great point!

These are pure stats. Stats do NOT tell a story, or paint a picture. They're

a very simple measurement, and that's it.

Great QB's on horrible teams show up, like Plummer and Manning. Average QB's

behind horrible teams will have horrendous stats.

Yes, everyone has paid too many $$$ for Joey, and he panics when he doesn't

have blocking, but there have been many worse than him (IMHO).

Do the opposite. Look at QB rankings with fantastic OL's and fantastic receivers.

That's a measure. Brady is Brady BECAUSE he's on that team. I dont mean to

say that Joey would perform as good as Tom if here were on that team, but

you have to wonder.... what if?...

<--- worried about this next year's OL......

-The Dawg

gritsnsausage (6/25/2008)
Shaud, great point!

Do the opposite. Look at QB rankings with fantastic OL's and fantastic receivers.

-The Dawg

Agreed stats can be very overrated, and there are a lot of factors that can contribute to a QB never living up to hype or underacheiving and there are a lot of factors that can contribute to a QB living up to the hype or overacheiving.

Shaud (6/25/2008)
gritsnsausage (6/25/2008)
Shaud, great point!

-The Dawg

Agreed stats can be very overrated, and there are a lot of factors that can contribute to a QB never living up to hype or underacheiving and there are a lot of factors that can contribute to a QB living up to the hype or overacheiving.

seems like i told you that the other day when you said i acted like joey was as good as brady

consistentfalcon (6/25/2008)
seems like i told you that the other day when you said i acted like joey was as good as brady

Yeah you said you felt sorry for him for having to put up with an organization like the falclouns or w/e you call them, which has nothing to do with what I just said.

rydolph (6/25/2008)
buckeyes (6/25/2008)
The worst QB ever, and the falcons are even having him on the roster right now is the most aszinine thing I have ever seen.

Bub you are going to be laughed right off this board if Harrington beats Shockley out of a job and onto the cut list.

I kinda hope they do cut DJ then he becomes a free agent and he will have 2 or three teams that will want him to come in and backup or what ever. But he can chose which one presents the best opportunity for him to compete.  We all know the falcons dont want screaming fans calling for DJ when they just signed ryan to 72 mill.  That fact alone mean they are going to keep harrington.  DJ just doesnt fit the new image.  No more black QB's in Atlanta.  I can take my money and support another team mainly the dawgs sense im more of a college football fan anyway and come in here and laugh at you guys when DJ is on another team thowing bombs and winning games while you guys are getting joeys bombs. 30 yard hail marys.  Its no sweat off my back if they cut Shockley, I'll just stop supporting the falcons.

Shaud (6/25/2008)

Yeah you said you felt sorry for him for having to put up with an organization like the falclouns or w/e you call them, which has nothing to do with what I just said.

like i said on the other board ,reread what i posted, there was more criticism  about the oline than praise for joey, i think it took you a few days of thinking about it to agree

have a good evening

like i said on the other board ,reread what i posted, there was more criticism  about the oline than praise for joey, i think it took you a few days of thinking about it to agree

have a good evening

A few days nothing, what I said and what you said are two different things.

Have a good evening

buckeyes (6/25/2008)
rydolph (6/25/2008)
buckeyes (6/25/2008)
The worst QB ever, and the falcons are even having him on the roster right now is the most aszinine thing I have ever seen.

Bub you are going to be laughed right off this board if Harrington beats Shockley out of a job and onto the cut list.

I kinda hope they do cut DJ then he becomes a free agent and he will have 2 or three teams that will want him to come in and backup or what ever. But he can chose which one presents the best opportunity for him to compete.  We all know the falcons dont want screaming fans calling for DJ when they just signed ryan to 72 mill.  That fact alone mean they are going to keep harrington.  DJ just doesnt fit the new image.  No more black QB's in Atlanta.  I can take my money and support another team mainly the dawgs sense im more of a college football fan anyway and come in here and laugh at you guys when DJ is on another team thowing bombs and winning games while you guys are getting joeys bombs. 30 yard hail marys.  Its no sweat off my back if they cut Shockley, I'll just stop supporting the falcons.

imo if dj is cut that would only benefit him. if he stays in atl and manages to get to play he only jeoparidizes his health each and every snap he takes behind the foulcon o-line. hed get better protection behind a screen door