I wish we still had Shaffer and Garza

special c

Shaffer did get a lot of money but he turned out to be a really good tackle for the Browns. Also Garza was a backup the whole time he was here but he went on to start for the Bears. I'm not saying these guys are top tier guys, but they are better than what we have now. 

Simply my opinion, feel free to disagree.

"I wish we'd gotten Jake Long this year"

"I wish we would have kept our mouth shut and just drafted LT instead of MV"

"I wish the writer's wouldn't have striked and forced me to miss an entire season of 24".

All this comes down to there are lots of things that we wish would have happened, but this is the team we have now, and sooner people begin to embrace this reality, the sooner the fanbase becomes a harmonious place again. 

Magic Man (6/24/2008)
"I wish we'd gotten Jake Long this year"

"I wish we would have kept our mouth shut and just drafted LT instead of MV"

"I wish the writer's wouldn't have striked and forced me to miss an entire season of 24".

All this comes down to there are lots of things that we wish would have happened, but this is the team we have now, and sooner people begin to embrace this reality, the sooner the fanbase becomes a harmonious place again. 

And it's the end of OTA period and TC is far away. Nothing wrong with a little speculation. It's not like there is anything important going on to post about.

special c (6/24/2008)
Shaffer did get a lot of money but he turned out to be a really good tackle for the Browns. Also Garza was a backup the whole time he was here but he went on to start for the Bears. I'm not saying these guys are top tier guys, but they are better than what we have now. 

Simply my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I wouldn't mind having Garza, but Shaffer is only good now that he's swiched to RT. It's obvious that his ability to protect the Qb's blind side from the pass rush, he definately couldn't do that for Matt Schaub whenever he came in. Thank goodness Vick was a lefty.

mr. pudding (6/24/2008)
no, shaffer stinks....he had the knack for offensive holding penalties in key situations...his contract was way too big also...he went to my high school in lancaster, pa & is a nice guy, but i don't want him on my team.

garza yess, Shaeffer **** no, he was a walking holding penalty here. He was bout as bad as Bob whitfield in his last days and Whit had a excuse. he only has one eye. ;)

mr. pudding (6/24/2008)
no, shaffer stinks....he had the knack for offensive holding penalties in key situations...his contract was way too big also...he went to my high school in lancaster, pa & is a nice guy, but i don't want him on my team.

I forgot Sfaffer was a Central PA guy. Now I wish we had him. Players from PA are DA FUTURE.

bigduke633 (6/24/2008)
Shaffer got what was a huge contract at the time.Now it doesnt seem so big.Not a huge loss.I never understood why we let garza go.Hes a good guard.Maybe it was reeves deal.

Garza was chronically injured with us. I think that's why we let him walk. There was no reason to believe at that point that he'd make a whole season being healthy.

VTCrunkler (6/24/2008)
man, talk about living in the past!

i wish we wouldve kept farve while were at it

Alfred Jenkins , Wallace Francis , Greg Brezina , Warren Bryant , Ray Brown , John James , and Scott Case , would be the guys I would like to see in their prime's playing for us .