Joey Harrington the Worst QB of All Time

btheman71

I don't actually think he is the worst QB ever, but this is pretty interesting...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

Too much to paste the whole thing, but here's a little...

There you have it no QB has performed so far below the league average for so long as Joey Harrington. To be clear, Joey Harrington probably isn t the worst quarterback of all time in an absolute sense. But in terms of being so far below average, but far enough above miserable to earn more playing time, Joey Harrington hurt his team more than any other QB in NFL history. If Harrington had been worse, he would have played less, and he wouldn t have set back the teams he played on. To put it another way, if you had the choice of getting Joey Harrington for 2,538 attempts, or Roger Goodell for 9 attempts you would certainly choose Goodell. At least after he s gone, your team has a chance.

btheman71 (6/24/2008)
I don't actually think he is the worst QB ever, but this is pretty interesting...

(way too much to cut and paste and it wouldn't work anyway)

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

JMO, this guy is a disgruntled Lions fan who is pretty good with math & figured out a way to make this happen.

Robb4242 (6/24/2008)
btheman71 (6/24/2008)

JMO, this guy is a disgruntled Lions fan who is pretty good with math & figured out a way to make this happen.

Nice theory but if you had read it, you would have realized why you are wrong. This is an UPDATED list. The first list was from two years ago when Jake Plummer was on top...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=138

btheman71 (6/24/2008)
Robb4242 (6/24/2008)
btheman71 (6/24/2008)

Nice theory but if you had read it, you would have realized why you are wrong. This is an UPDATED list. The first list was from two years ago when Jake Plummer was on top...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=138

You can still make stats say anything that you want them too with your variables.

There is no way that Joey Harrington nor Jake Plummer have been the worst QB's in the NFL.

btheman71 (6/24/2008)

Too much to paste the whole thing, but here's a little...

There you have it no QB has performed so far below the league average for so long as Joey Harrington. To be clear, Joey Harrington probably isn t the worst quarterback of all time in an absolute sense. But in terms of being so far below average, but far enough above miserable to earn more playing time, Joey Harrington hurt his team more than any other QB in NFL history. If Harrington had been worse, he would have played less, and he wouldn t have set back the teams he played on. To put it another way, if you had the choice of getting Joey Harrington for 2,538 attempts, or Roger Goodell for 9 attempts you would certainly choose Goodell. At least after he s gone, your team has a chance.

Theres a flaw in your argument.Put half the leagues qbs on detroit,miami and atlantas offenses and see how they do.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/atlanta-falcons/http://' target="_blank">

posted Jun 24th 2008 11:27AM by Tom Mantzouranis

Filed under: Dolphins, Falcons, Lions, Atlanta, Detroit, Miami

I think the obvious answer to that question is no. Realistically speaking, there have been far worse quarterbacks in the NFL than the piano man, I mean, there's got to be a reason guys are sitting below him on depth charts even though we're far removed from any semblance of hope that he'd live up to his draft status. But what if you take into account the whole statistical shebang, including the amount of opportunities with which to suck? That might be a different story.

Or at least that's what Pro Football Reference thinks, as they've compiled their list of worst quarterbacks in the league's history, which -- if your surname isn't Imus -- you should be smart enough to realize is headlined by Joey Harrington. The reasoning is a stew of numbers and equations (here's the method behind the madness). It's definitely worth checking out for the comprehensive perspective it takes, even if it took me three reads and the assistance of a Mensa member to understand.

That being said, I'm a firm believer in the eyeball test, and I stand by my very subjective scientific opinion that Harrington isn't the worst. There are surely a couple of inferior quarterbacks in history. There are even a couple of current quarterbacks who are worse. ****, there are a couple of quarterbacks currently on the Chicago Bears who are worse than Harrington.

Or maybe I've just got a soft spot for someone who can tickle the ivories.

tom brady would look like worst if he had to play on the teams that joey has at the time joey did....he has started five years in a row.....so saying "worst" is kinda close minded because theyre alot of qbs that havent lasted near as long with the hype that they came into the league with

Joey Harrington is a horrible quarterback. I would rather have rex Grossman any day over Joey and im a big bears fan that hates rex. Its funny how the same people that bash Vick and how sorry he was are the same ones supporting Joey lol man I tell you.

I wonder why people don't read the article/blog before commenting.  No one(including the writer) said Harrington is the worst QB of all time.  What the writer suggesting is that because Harrington is just bad enough he got more chances to play and thus hurting his teams longer in the process.  Had he been worst his teams might have faired better by having to replace him with someone, anyone else.  In that sense it's not that far fetch of a logic.  The list of worst QB than Harrington is long, but the list of QB who is as bad as him and started for 5 years is not.

L (6/24/2008)
Joey Harrington is a horrible quarterback. I would rather have rex Grossman any day over Joey and im a big bears fan that hates rex. Its funny how the same people that bash Vick and how sorry he was are the same ones supporting Joey lol man I tell you.
I don't think anyone is saying Harrington is a good, or even average QB. He's not. But he's not the worst QB the NFL has seen either, which is what this guy's stats are "proving". Harrington is on a similar level to Vick as a QB (not as an athletic talent), neither are average at the position.

Robb4242 (6/24/2008)
L (6/24/2008)
I don't think anyone is saying Harrington is a good, or even average QB. He's not. But he's not the worst QB the NFL has seen either, which is what this guy's stats are "proving". Harrington is on a similar level to Vick as a QB (not as an athletic talent), neither are average at the position.

He's the worst at playing the position right now...:Whistling:

Robb4242 (6/24/2008)
L (6/24/2008)

Ill agree with you harrington is not the worst quaterback. Im speaking to the ones posting that its harringtons team his line or he just hasnt had a fair shot.

Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
theyhateme (6/24/2008)

Who would you take Harrington is favor of???

Brodie Croyle

Chad Pennington

Jake Delhomo

Tavaris Jackson

Aaron Rodgers

Alex Smith

Ill take the the last 5 over Harrington all day. At least Pennington and Jackson can come in when needed and produce verse Harrington standing there getting sacked with the ball.

L (6/24/2008)
Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
theyhateme (6/24/2008)

Brodie Croyle

Chad Pennington

Jake Delhomo

Tavaris Jackson

Aaron Rodgers

Alex Smith

Ill take the the last 5 over Harrington all day. At least Pennington and Jackson can come in when needed and produce verse Harrington standing there getting sacked with the ball.

Where do you people come from?  Rodgers hasn't played a snap.  Jackson can't win with the best RB, OL, and DL in the league.  Smith has already lost his job.

Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
L (6/24/2008)
Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
theyhateme (6/24/2008)

Brodie Croyle

Chad Pennington

Jake Delhomo

Tavaris Jackson

Aaron Rodgers

Alex Smith

Where do you people come from?  Rodgers hasn't played a snap.  Jackson can't win with the best RB, OL, and DL in the league.  Smith has already lost his job.

You have your emotions all wrapped up.  Harrington simply doesn't give his team the best chance to win....and THAT'S why he'll never start anywhere.....ever again...

Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
L (6/24/2008)
Bill Cox (6/24/2008)
theyhateme (6/24/2008)

Brodie Croyle

Chad Pennington

Jake Delhomo

Tavaris Jackson

Aaron Rodgers

Alex Smith

Where do you people come from? Rodgers hasn't played a snap. Jackson can't win with the best RB, OL, and DL in the league. Smith has already lost his job.

Are you serious?? You must have missed the last half of the NFL season. Rodgers was playing when Brett was out hurt and played pretty **** good Dallas game ring a bell??

10conexxx9.gif

10conexxx9.79ac6d9465.jpg