So After Turner Goes Down...

formul8or

if dunn could take the pounding behind last year's oline at the age of 33 i think turner will be alright behind this year's improved line and he has fresh legs. in the event he does get hurt though i think we would use brown as the starter norwood as the backup, or we might sign another rb. or maybe even do what we did in 06 with griffith and use mughelli as the rb and maybe put snelling or somebody in to block for him.

We seem pretty stacked at RB. And I still really like Snelling. He played very well last year, and should be in the running for Turner's backup. He is big and quick, and slid through the crap OL we had at the end of last year. I'm not sure if Brown is the big everydown back e need, but either way a Turner injury (god, I hope that doesn't happen) would open up the door to someone like Snelling, or Brown.

I think the bigger problem would be Norwood going down. That is a speed you can't replace, and we don't have a speed back to replace him.

But here is prayer going to no injury at RB.

formul8or (6/23/2008)
It's inevitable that the Burner gets beat up from the lack of an o-line, so what do you think we will do about the RB situation at that point? Would J-Rock become the starter? Will Brown or Snelling get put 1st on the depth chart?

COME ON 8. ARE YOU SAYING THAT DUNN IS TOUGHER THAN TURNER? IF DUNN COULD HANDLE IT, TURNER WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM. THINK ABOUT IT.;)

Dunn rushed for 720 yards running behind our injured line......... i know turner will rush for 1000 yards atleast...... i think our O-Line will play better then you guys think they will

Our new Offensive Line Coach will make a big difference to

atljbo (6/23/2008)
Dunn rushed for 720 yards running behind our injured line......... i know turner will rush for 1000 yards atleast...... i think our O-Line will play better then you guys think they will

I'VE ALWAYS SAID A GOOD COACH CAN TEACH A MARGINAL O-LINEMAN HOW TO BE A GOOD O-LINEMAN. YOU ARE RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS.;)

REV.2000 (6/23/2008)
atljbo (6/23/2008)

I'VE ALWAYS SAID A GOOD COACH CAN TEACH A MARGINAL O-LINEMAN HOW TO BE A GOOD O-LINEMAN. YOU ARE RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS.;)

pyzamcaps.jpg

And a good OL coach will help a lot. No more college scrubs. And seriously, caps locks. Click it once.

sporkdevil (6/24/2008)
REV.2000 (6/23/2008)
atljbo (6/23/2008)

pyzamcaps.jpg

And a good OL coach will help a lot. No more college scrubs. And seriously, caps locks. Click it once.

BE KOOL SPORK, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. HOW YOU BEEN? YOU KNOW I'VE NEVER BEEN POLITICALLY CORRECT ....... GRAMATICALLY EITHER.:w00t:

formul8or (6/23/2008)
It's inevitable that the Burner gets beat up from the lack of an o-line, so what do you think we will do about the RB situation at that point? Would J-Rock become the starter? Will Brown or Snelling get put 1st on the depth chart?

Do you ever post anything positive? Like everyone else has said if Dunn could stay un-injuried through all of last year why would Turner get hurt from the O-Line? If Turner gets hurt (god forbid) its gunna be due to a freak accident....

But IF that happens i wouldnt be too worried...were stacked at RB and im sure we could always pick someone up

REV.2000 (6/24/2008)
sporkdevil (6/24/2008)
REV.2000 (6/23/2008)
atljbo (6/23/2008)

pyzamcaps.jpg

BE KOOL SPORK, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. HOW YOU BEEN?

I'm good. Just ignoring school work. Please stop yelling at me.

sporkdevil (6/24/2008)
REV.2000 (6/24/2008)
sporkdevil (6/24/2008)
REV.2000 (6/23/2008)
atljbo (6/23/2008)

pyzamcaps.jpg

BE KOOL SPORK, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. HOW YOU BEEN?

I'm good. Just ignoring school work. Please stop yelling at me.

Hi Spork, is this better?:w00t:

REV.2000 (6/24/2008)
sporkdevil (6/24/2008)
REV.2000 (6/24/2008)

Hi Spork, is this better?:w00t:

Much better. I agree with your comments. Even though I really wanted us to draft a guard, I think our line will be really good.

So how goes it on your side? I just need to kill time, the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I have to deal with way too much classwork. Late night is my only time right now. And who should backup Turner?

GEORGIAfan (6/24/2008)
cmon spork be cool. you know old people write with cap letters, so he is bring that to the net.

Man, why is everyone telling me to be cool? Like I'm freaking out something. Either way, I can't tell if someone is old on the internet. And I would be OK if old people just brought caps locks to the internet, and stayed the **** of the highway. They keep making me downshift and blow past them on the highway.

(They get a finger as well when the weather is cool enough for windows down)

The Falcon Ace (6/24/2008)
Rev2000 is the only person on here that is "cleared" to use permanent CAPS LOCK. You want to post in all caps to? You have to speak to me. :cool:

yep rev has been cleared to use Caps, since every1 knows that he is old and doesnt know any better.

Boss stop you aint Rev, but to the thread. I doubt he is gonna go down, because last year was the 1st year they got to eat, PLUS if Dunn can get 700+ yards behind this line, then Turner can get 1000. i doubt turner will get hurt. Dunn is under 200Lbs and 33. Turner is 240 and only 26.

bossFALCON"! (6/23/2008)
if dunn could take the pounding behind last year's oline at the age of 33 i think turner will be alright behind this year's improved line and he has fresh legs. in the event he does get hurt though i think we would use brown as the starter norwood as the backup, or we might sign another rb. or maybe even do what we did in 06 with griffith and use mughelli as the rb and maybe put snelling or somebody in to block for him.

Dunn would hit the line and go into fetal mode.  Can't blame him too much though.  Still, Brown imho, would be the most likely to not be able to take the pounding.  He was injured every single year at UGA.

If the Old Man Dunn can make it behind this line, then I think Mike Turner will be just fine.  No need to go ahead and bring out the dark cloud before the season.  Don't we have enough people bringing the doom and gloom about the O-Line, D-Line, Secondary, and QB position???