D.j. shockley

gage

I wish D.J the best...he seems like a good kid and all but i dont think we will be seeing him start this year...if anything he will be 2nd string in case Redman gets hurt because i dont think they (FO) is gunna throw Ryan to the lions (no pun) and put him in if Redman goes down.

gage (6/23/2008)
im startin 2 lean towards everybody else up here and say i hope he starts next yr.  Let "matty ice" watch and learn and lets see wut kind of talent the kid really has....especially w/ his mobility

Exactly, let us see with our own eyeballs waht he can in a regular season game.  Let the kid get in there and show what he showed us at uga so he can play somewhere in the nfl even if we trade him next year.

I've been reading all this stuff about DJ forever and I would just like to see something that proves he can be an NFL calibre QB, aside from the fact that he's a bulldawg and he had one decent year as a college starter. I mean, he barely beat out Bryan Randall to make the roster after he was drafted. All of his throws sail and he is a lifer at backup. I'd rather see what he does in pre season than put him in over Redman who has proven that he can win.

D.J. is a very good athlete (quick and fast) and comes from a fine pedigree.  He is intelligent and has been a QB since age 10 (estimate).

Above all else, he is a class man with integrity.  I would have no reservations seeing him compete with Redman for the starter's job this preseason.  I'm fully confident that he will leave off where he did last year and establish himself as this teams best QB.

QB issues are a pain, but I fully expect us to be up to our eyebrows in one in (Position Battle)in about 4 months.

Bird

Ok! Redman is proven, he won two games last year one of them was against 3rd stringers. How do we know what DJ can do until he is given a chance. His first year in he was behind Vick and Shaub and his second year got hurt. So this could be the year alot of people eat crow. As far as Matt Ryan goes I am all for him getting his shot too, just not his first year in the league.

The Falcon Ace (6/23/2008)
monoxide (6/23/2008)
I wouldn't mind DJ starting, if Chris Redman, Hoey, Matt Ryan, and Michael Koenen got injured (I'd put our punter over Shockley).

lol

lol....I'm pretty sure I'd rather have this delicious Dr. Pepper I'm drinking or this Marlboro Light I'm about to smoke take snaps before Shockley

monoxide (6/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/23/2008)
monoxide (6/23/2008)
I wouldn't mind DJ starting, if Chris Redman, Hoey, Matt Ryan, and Michael Koenen got injured (I'd put our punter over Shockley).

man you hate DJ for no reason. how did your draft go?

I don't hate him for no reason GF, I hate him because you love him :P, and I don't know, I did my rankings, but missed the draft for football practice, but I"ll find out soon.

i back him up more, because yall hate him, and every1 need a fan.

bossFALCON"! (6/24/2008)
did you check out your team mono? the draft was pretty fun yesterday, sorry you missed it. it lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.

boss are you getting all these trade offers, or is it just me?? ive rejected 2 already and i got 2 more from the same person.

David Ethan (6/23/2008)
The Falcon Ace (6/23/2008)
monoxide (6/23/2008)

lol

lol....I'm pretty sure I'd rather have this delicious Dr. Pepper I'm drinking or this Marlboro Light I'm about to smoke take snaps before Shockley

and you just ruined a good joke. just stop trying man.