Out of these QBs, pick the top 3 in order based on the following.....

1.  Field Generalship - This is a quality that is lost among many Atlanta fans and probably the most important to be an NFL QB.  The QB is the field general.  In order to be successful, he has to be smart but also has to have the respect of his "troops" and be able to get the most out of them.  If you didn't know a **** thing about football (ala my wife) you should easily be able to tell who's running the show.

2. Passing game - Not the strongest arm, but the best passer.  Let's put it this way.  It's 3rd and goal from the 15 and you're facing an all out blitz and you've got a tight end leaking through the middle and a wideout going for the fade in the back of the end zone.  Who do you want making that throw?

3.  The "IT" factor - whatever "it"may be, this guy just seems to have it - a natural born winner. 

I think the responses to this post will explain a lot about our fanbase and the current situation of this message board.  I'm gonna save my response until the end. 

The list:

Michael Vick

Steve McNair

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

Kordell Stewart

Donovan McNabb

Vince Young

Some of you might say "they're all black QBs" and you would be correct but that is not the point here.  By your repsponses, it should be easy to tell what you value the most - winning, selling tickets, or entertainment. 

I'll start

Warren Moon - True class act.  He benefited greatly from his years in the CFL and pretty much had earned his respect on day one.  He "carried the torch" for black QBs in this league and thus far is the best all time.  His teammates gave him everthing they had.

McNabb - Real Warrior who has gotten a bad rap recently.  Came into the league with a less than stellar pedigree (actually got booed at the NFL draft) but proved to be a winner.  He was fortunate to have been selected by Philadelphia as he already had a lot of pieces in place.  But still, he brought a dimension to the game that Moon didn't have - he could run.

Vick - Not much to say here because you already know.  One of the best athletes to play the QB position.  Never really a succesful passer but really didn't have much help in that regard.  By far the most dangerous player with the ball in his hands during his time.  Too bad for him he didn't go to San Diego - could've been a totally different outcome. 

Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/23/2008)
1.  Moon, McNair, McNabb, Vick...  didn't see enough of Cunningham

2. Moon, McNair, maybe McNabb...

3. McNair, McNabb, Moon.... Vick....

Very nice, I didn't think to rate them in each category

Thanks.  Even though I did it that way you still see the same two names on the list:  Moon and McNair....

Was McNair a co-MVP one year with Manning or was that Culperrer?  I am curious if McNair has a shot at the Hall of Fame...

Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
1.  Field Generalship - This is a quality that is lost among many Atlanta fans and probably the most important to be an NFL QB.  The QB is the field general.  In order to be successful, he has to be smart but also has to have the respect of his "troops" and be able to get the most out of them.  If you didn't know a **** thing about football (ala my wife) you should easily be able to tell who's running the show.

2. Passing game - Not the strongest arm, but the best passer.  Let's put it this way.  It's 3rd and goal from the 15 and you're facing an all out blitz and you've got a tight end leaking through the middle and a wideout going for the fade in the back of the end zone.  Who do you want making that throw?

3.  The "IT" factor - whatever "it"may be, this guy just seems to have it - a natural born winner. 

I think the responses to this post will explain a lot about our fanbase and the current situation of this message board.  I'm gonna save my response until the end. 

The list:

Michael Vick

Steve McNair

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

Kordell Stewart

Donovan McNabb

Vince Young

Some of you might say "they're all black QBs" and you would be correct but that is not the point here.  By your repsponses, it should be easy to tell what you value the most - winning, selling tickets, or entertainment. 

I'll start

Warren Moon - True class act.  He benefited greatly from his years in the CFL and pretty much had earned his respect on day one.  He "carried the torch" for black QBs in this league and thus far is the best all time.  His teammates gave him everthing they had.

McNabb - Real Warrior who has gotten a bad rap recently.  Came into the league with a less than stellar pedigree (actually got booed at the NFL draft) but proved to be a winner.  He was fortunate to have been selected by Philadelphia as he already had a lot of pieces in place.  But still, he brought a dimension to the game that Moon didn't have - he could run.

Vick - Not much to say here because you already know.  One of the best athletes to play the QB position.  Never really a succesful passer but really didn't have much help in that regard.  By far the most dangerous player with the ball in his hands during his time.  Too bad for him he didn't go to San Diego - could've been a totally different outcome. 

Doug Williams (how could you forget Doug?) :)

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

McNabb

Vick....etc....

Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
theyhateme (6/23/2008)

Doug Williams (how could you forget Doug?) :)

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

McNabb

Vick....etc....

I didn't forget Doug, I just didn't think anyone would vote for him.  Leftwich was better than Doug. 

Doug Williams...of The SB Championship Washington Redskins??? 400+ Passing Yards in the SB??  You're kidding right?  :cool:

Correction:  Doug didn't throw for 400+ yards...

Super Bowl XXII was an American football game played on January 31, 1988 at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego, California to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion following the 1987 regular season. The National Football Conference (NFC) champion Washington Redskins (14-4) won their second Super Bowl by defeating the American Football Conference (AFC) champion Denver Broncos (12-5-1), 42 10, scoring 42 unanswered points after being down 10-0.

The Redskins set the following Super Bowl records en route to the victory:

• Most offensive yards (602)
  • Most offensive rushing yards (280)
  • Most touchdowns scored in a Super Bowl game (6)
  • Most offensive yards in a quarter (356)[1]
  • Most points in a quarter (35)
  • Most touchdowns in a quarter (5)
  • The largest deficit that a team has ever overcome to win a Super Bowl (10 points)

Both teams combined to set the following records:

• Most combined offensive yards (929)

Redskins quarterback Doug Williams was named the Super Bowl MVP, completing 18 of 29 passes for a Super Bowl record 340 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception. Williams became the first player in Super Bowl history to throw 4 touchdowns in a single quarter, and throw four in a half. Williams was also the first African-American quarterback to reach the Super Bowl, and to date is the only African-American quarterback to win one.

Sun Tzu 7 (6/23/2008)
Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/23/2008)
1.  Moon, McNair, McNabb, Vick...  didn't see enough of Cunningham

2. Moon, McNair, maybe McNabb...

3. McNair, McNabb, Moon.... Vick....

Very nice, I didn't think to rate them in each category

Thanks.  Even though I did it that way you still see the same two names on the list:  Moon and McNair....

Was McNair a co-MVP one year with Manning or was that Culperrer?  I am curious if McNair has a shot at the Hall of Fame...

It was McNair.  Culpepper lost out to either LT or Shaun Alexander.  I think hes a classic Hall of Very Good player....maybe he hits the Hall but I think its pry not gonna happen.

Field Generalship - McNair, McNabb, Moon

Passing game - Moon, McNabb, McNair

The "IT" factor* - MCNabb, McNair, Cunningham

It depends how you define "IT" Factor. If "IT" is based solely on the excitement that they bring to the gamely, it would be Vick, Cunningham, Young. However, if it is based on "being a winner" then your have to give it to the players with the proven record of reaching and winning in the playoffs. 

Overall - #1 Moon (because he is miles ahead as a pure passer of the ball), #2(=) McNabb & McNair, #4 Cunningham, #5 Vick

Bill Cox (6/23/2008)

The list:

Michael Vick

Steve McNair

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

Kordell Stewart

Donovan McNabb

Vince Young

I'll start

1. Warren Moon,Steve McNair, Randall Cunningham 

2. Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb & Randall Cunningham tied for 3rd

3. Warren Moon, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young

As a VA TECH grad and Hampton Va area life long resident, I'm not completely sold on Vicks ability. He was a great "athlete". He was one of the first players since Barry Sanders that made you hold your breath when he took off from behind the line. I would say he definitely had the "IT" factor BUT NOT by your definition. He was NEVER a proven winner of a big game at any level. He always found a way to come up "just short" of the goal. Say what you will about the Falcons teams he was on. The Va Tech teams were loaded with talent and he couldn't get them over the top! I give him credit for putting Va Tech football on the map.

theyhateme (6/23/2008)
Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
Good job guys, nice to know we still have some knowledgeable posters here. 

Actually, its good post....besides you not knowing about D. Williams...:P

I probably know more about Williiams than you, but that's okay.  Look up "one hit wonder" in the dictionary and you will see his picture.  I'd take anyone off that list except Kordell over Williams. 

You know, I almost put DJ Shockley on the list just to see the response.  I'm actually a little surprised so far that everyone has been rather objective. 

the players arent in any particular order because i dont have time, i just picked the top 3 for each.

1. Field Generalship - mcnair moon mcnabb.

2. Passing game - moon mcnabb and mcnair. cunningham was off and on. he had good years and then bad.

3. The "IT" factor- just about every guy on that list is a winner and has gotten his team to a conference champ game except for young but he has only been in the league for 2 years. did moon ever go to a conf champ game?

bossFALCON"! (6/23/2008)
the players arent in any particular order because i dont have time, i just picked the top 3 for each.

1. Field Generalship - mcnair moon mcnabb.

2. Passing game - moon mcnabb and mcnair. cunningham was off and on. he had good years and then bad.

3. The "IT" factor- just about every guy on that list is a winner and has gotten his team to a conference champ game except for young but he has only been in the league for 2 years. did moon ever go to a conf champ game?

Moon was up like 35-3 against Buffalo and lost. 

Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
theyhateme (6/23/2008)
Bill Cox (6/23/2008)
Good job guys, nice to know we still have some knowledgeable posters here. 

Actually, its good post....besides you not knowing about D. Williams...:P

I probably know more about Williiams than you, but that's okay.  Look up "one hit wonder" in the dictionary and you will see his picture.  I'd take anyone off that list except Kordell over Williams. 

You know, I almost put DJ Shockley on the list just to see the response.  I'm actually a little surprised so far that everyone has been rather objective. 

It's a well thought out post....as far as knowing more about Doug...I'm not so sure, but I do remember the whole season.  One hit wonder or not...the Broncos had no answer for him. 

theyhateme (6/23/2008)
muskokas finest (6/23/2008)
1. Moon - knew how to run a team

2. McNabb - Good passer with little talent around him

3. McNair - Won a lot of games despite being a lousy passer and injury-riddled

So how did the team get to 3 consecutive NFC Championship Games?? :cool:

Elite defense maybe?

bigduke633 (6/23/2008)
theyhateme (6/23/2008)
muskokas finest (6/23/2008)
1. Moon - knew how to run a team

2. McNabb - Good passer with little talent around him

3. McNair - Won a lot of games despite being a lousy passer and injury-riddled

So how did the team get to 3 consecutive NFC Championship Games?? :cool:

Elite defense maybe?

The Defense was outstanding....OMG!!!  :angry: Remember the hit Crumpler took from Dawkins...???:pinch: