who is the greatest falcon of all time

smittty

michael vick of course. nevermind the fact that he has the highest career win% out of any qb in franchise history, he was the most exciting player of al-time, and was a one man marketing machine.

the falcons were guarunteed to sell out every single game he played for the rest of his career. it's too bad the nfl screwed him and literally ruined his life over dog fighting.

i'm all for him being repremanded and punished, but to ruin his entire life and even have the possiblty of never playing in ther nfl again because of frickin DOG FIGHTING!!??

WTF!!!

go ahead people, flame away. tell me that he's i jail, and get over it, and he'll come back as a kr or pr in the arena league(ultimate sign of ignorance, prejudice, and an absolute fool who has less comprehension for the game of footbal than i did when i was 12).

but the fact is the second best player, deion sanders, is the only player within miles of vick. after that your looking at guys like jamaal anderson and andre rison. very good players but a far drp off fro vick and deion.

Deion, Rison, Chris Miller, Tuggle, Mathis, William Andrews, Jamal Anderson, Morten Andersen, Bartkowski, White Shoes Johnson, Gerald Riggs, Mike Kenn..... **** even Chandler were all better players for this team than Vick were. Not just better players, better human beings too. You can argue that Vick may have been the most athletically gifted player we ever had. No one will argue that. He was not the best player we ever had and he was not the best QB either.

Guest JBopper

Vick is a good athlete no doubt,As a person he SUXXXXXXXXX........My fav Falcon of all time though is Tuggle hands down.

smittty (6/21/2008)
michael vick of course. nevermind the fact that he has the highest career win% out of any qb in franchise history, he was the most exciting player of al-time, and was a one man marketing machine.

the falcons were guarunteed to sell out every single game he played for the rest of his career. it's too bad the nfl screwed him and literally ruined his life over dog fighting.

i'm all for him being repremanded and punished, but to ruin his entire life and even have the possiblty of never playing in ther nfl again because of frickin DOG FIGHTING!!??

WTF!!!

go ahead people, flame away. tell me that he's i jail, and get over it, and he'll come back as a kr or pr in the arena league(ultimate sign of ignorance, prejudice, and an absolute fool who has less comprehension for the game of footbal than i did when i was 12).

but the fact is the second best player, deion sanders, is the only player within miles of vick. after that your looking at guys like jamaal anderson and andre rison. very good players but a far drp off fro vick and deion.

You're really going to repeat word for word the old "it's just some dogs" garbage again? Really, same old stuff? Get with it man. He did to himself. He did it to the team. He did it to the fans.

smittty (6/21/2008)

WTF!!!

Listen up and you might learn a good lesson about life.

Vick not only electrocuted, drowned, and hung dogs; but he also fought them. He also ran an innerstate gambling ring based around that dog fighting. Guess what? That's against the law, on both the federal and state level. The gambling along is grounds for a life time ban from the NFL, and then he went and lied to Blank and Goodell about it. He deflected blame off himself to his own family. Then, to top that off, he lied to the judge and police about it.

That is cowardly, and is a lesson you need to learn. Responsibility. You suffer the consequences of your own actions. The fact he is in prison rotting away is ONLY his fault, no one else to blame but Michael Vick for Michael Vick's actions. Your sorry attempts to blame it on race or saying we just don't appreciate good football players is pathetic. Morons like yourself who try to push blame on others for being an idiot and doing idiotic things is pathetic, and one of the many things wrong with America today.

Be a man, quit hiding behind those lame excuses, and quit trying to blame everyone for Michael Vick's actions. Besides, you have stated you no longer support the Falcons, so GTFO.

I vote for Jessie Tuggle! He should be in the hall of fame!

In his 14 seasons, he recorded 1803 tackles (1165 solo), 21 sacks, 6 interceptions, which he returned for 106 yards and a touchdown, 10 forced fumbles and 37 pass deflections. He also recovered 9 fumbles, returning them for 155 yards and an NFL record 5 touchdowns.

tommynobislegends.jpg

1966 DROY - 5x Pro Bowler - 2x All Pro - Member of Georgia and Texas Sports Hall of Fame

Tommy Nobis joined the Falcons for their inaugural season in 1966. That season he won the league s NFL Rookie of the Year, was voted to the Pro Bowl and amassed an unprecedented 294 combined tackles which still stands today as the team s all-time single-season record. In eleven professional seasons he led the Falcons in tackles nine times, went to five Pro Bowls (one in 1972 after two knee surgeries), was named All-Pro twice and was chosen for the NFL's "All-Decade Team" for the 1960's. Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against **** Butkus than Nobis," and Falcon s coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis locker and proclaimed, There s where our football team dresses.

END OF ARGUMENT....

In answer to the TROLLS question:  Tommy "Mr. Falcon" Nobis.  Deion didn't play for the team long enough to be considered "all time" and did much more for other teams.  Then there is Jeff Van Note, Mike Kenn, Jessie Tuggle, Steve Bartkowski, Keith Brooking. If William Andrews and Jam Anderson hadn't had the injuries, they would have been up there also.  William Andrews first of the two.

nobkowski (6/22/2008)
In answer to the TROLLS question:  Tommy "Mr. Falcon" Nobis.  Deion didn't play for the team long enough to be considered "all time" and did much more for other teams.  Then there is Jeff Van Note, Mike Kenn, Jessie Tuggle, Steve Bartkowski, Keith Brooking. If William Andrews and Jam Anderson hadn't had the injuries, they would have been up there also.  William Andrews first of the two.

I tend to agree.  Deion will probably get elected into the HoF if he decides to go in as a 49er/Cowboy.  It was probably a good move for him to go play elsewhere at the time but if he'd been on our '98 team, he could have made a huge difference in shutting down the Elway passing game.  So essentially, what Deion's accomplishments were in his career cannot be added to what he accomplished in Atlanta. Nobis was dedicated to being a Falcon his whole career, which in itself makes him great, but his accomplishments and high level of play for a franchise that never made the playoffs during his tenure are second to none here.