gettin something off my chest...kinda long

trizzo55

i never post anything unless i have something important to say and right now im a little upset. all i see on these boards is negative. yeah its been getting better as time goes on but people need to stop thinkin about how bad we're gonna be. think about last year for a minute. we had one of the worst off season storys that i can think of. think about what the players were thinking. no matter what they did, good or bad, vicks name was always ringing in their ears. i dont care how tough you are but its very hard to perform with all the distractions that were happening last year. so lets look at last years record...

4-12...sucks yeah but lets really look at it.

disagree with me if you want last time i checked 2 of those losses probably would have been wins if we had a kicker who could make a few fgs even i could make.

woulda made us 6-10...that problem has been solved...

we also had a lovely game that woulda been over if someone...im not gonna rat...decided to keep his big mouth shut and not get into a pissing match.

7-9...that problem has been solved also...

now going the other way, 1 of those wins was a pitty win considering we were playingg back ups and i think its obvious what would have happened against starters.

so back to 6-10...not too bad considering we had a team whos heads were distracted not only by their ex-qb but also by a coach who they had no respect for and shouldnt have been there in the first place.

we come into a new year with no distractions and no high hopes. no pressure, real good way to be. we had a few players who are starting to develop nicely, some quality rookies who now have some time under them and some players who underachieved. not too shabby.

i only have a few hopes for this season...

1: JA hears all the bust talk and it lights a fire in him and he comes into this season with a mission.

2: if ryan is gonna start thats fine. just make sure hes ready.

3: norwood and turner rippin defenses apart

4: SOME SUPPORT FROM THE **** FANS!!! i hate living in ny and not being able to go see my team play. fill the seats. lemme hear u scream

and big 5: win the division...i know some think im crazy but i have faith...and if they dont i get a pie in the face in front of everyone at work.

peace out. hopfully this doesnt go to the depths of the never read posts

our division is so close that we COULD go from worse to first but I doubt it.  All of the young guys we have will cost us some this year.  I also think that the saints will have a rebound year.  I feel that an 8-8 season is not out of the realm. 7-9 more likely.

I will take that as well. 2009 will be our year.  We will make a run for the ring in the next 2 or 3 years.

GEORGIAfan (6/21/2008)
how about you come down here and watch the falcon and you scream. im not gonna spend my money, so you can watch the game on our lazy boy. how about you get up and get your A to the stadium, so i can watch the game from home.

What part of living in New York don't you understand?

rhourk (6/22/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/21/2008)
how about you come down here and watch the falcon and you scream. im not gonna spend my money, so you can watch the game on our lazy boy. how about you get up and get your A to the stadium, so i can watch the game from home.

What part of "how about you come down here" don't you understand?

Shaud (6/22/2008)
rhourk (6/22/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/21/2008)

What part of "how about you come down here" don't you understand?

thanks blood.

also season tickets are 250. if he loves the falcons so much i dont think its a big deal if he spends a little over 20bucks a game to watch them. he could sell them on stub hub for face value and i know people will buy them, if they are good seats. Id buy a game or 2 from him. i just dont see it as an excuse that he lives in NY to tell other fans that they should spend their money, so he can watch his team.

ok first of all. i dont need you to spend money so i can see the game. you get blacked out, not me. 2nd i do pay to see the games. i work for a local cable company and get free cable from them but they dont have the games so i pay for a dish that i use 3 hours a week so i can watch the game. 3rd dont use the price of tickets as an excuse, the dome was filled for plenty of years so that reasoning goes out the window. you dont know how good u have it when u can watch your favorite team play live. i love the yankees and have many memories that ill never forget but thats nothing compared to the memories i would have if i was able to see my falcons. one day i will but unfortunatly i dont have that luxury right now so i need u guys to be my voice in the dome until then. u dont wanna thats fine. i know where i stand, i know my loyalty.

Great post, I for one am okay with having low expectations.  Let them keep picking us 32nd in the power rankings.  This is the season of the ultimate cinderella story.  This season is the beginning of the Falcons dynasty!  We must have noise in the dome.  You spend your lives on this board pointing fingers now look in the mirror and say "ask not what my team can do for me but what I can do for my team".  Now go to the dome on Sunday's and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!  SCREAMERS REQUIRED!!!!! If your not with us, next season when the season ticket bandwagon members fill the dome keep your lazy (_|_) at home and find some other message board where you can whine like a little b****.

trizzo55 (6/22/2008)
ok first of all. i dont need you to spend money so i can see the game. you get blacked out, not me. 2nd i do pay to see the games. i work for a local cable company and get free cable from them but they dont have the games so i pay for a dish that i use 3 hours a week so i can watch the game. 3rd dont use the price of tickets as an excuse, the dome was filled for plenty of years so that reasoning goes out the window. you dont know how good u have it when u can watch your favorite team play live. i love the yankees and have many memories that ill never forget but thats nothing compared to the memories i would have if i was able to see my falcons. one day i will but unfortunatly i dont have that luxury right now so i need u guys to be my voice in the dome until then. u dont wanna thats fine. i know where i stand, i know my loyalty.

not a big deal. if i get blacked out ill just go to the game its not like Georgia State is that far from the Dome anyways. plus they have deals on random stuff at the front desk. mayb they will have a deal for a falcons game.

anyways i dont have the "luxury" of going to the game either i have to pay for college, which to me is way more important than a falcons game.

whats that last comment suppose to mean?? you dont think im loyal?

falconfanatic365 (6/22/2008)
Great post, I for one am okay with having low expectations. Let them keep picking us 32nd in the power rankings. This is the season of the ultimate cinderella story. This season is the beginning of the Falcons dynasty! We must have noise in the dome. You spend your lives on this board pointing fingers now look in the mirror and say "ask not what my team can do for me but what I can do for my team". Now go to the dome on Sunday's and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! SCREAMERS REQUIRED!!!!! If your not with us, next season when the season ticket bandwagon membersfill the dome keep your lazy (_|_) at home and find some other message board where you can whine like a little b****.

who are you talkin bout?

jungleking (6/21/2008)
The game where Hall couldn't keep his mouth shut wouldn't have been that close without Hall. He's the only corner in the league that could take Steve Smith out of a game, and if you take him out of that game, Smith goes for 100 and 1.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only from the mind of a profilephoto_s.jpg?m=2717e

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. The problem with that is every team in the league can to that EVERY YEAR!! Add wins here and there based on the season. The FACT remains that this team went 4-12. The Pats can say if Eli Manning wouldve been sacked on that play and IF the tip of the football wouldnt have touched the ground then they'd be champs but they arent. This team will have a top 3 pick this year especially if Ryan starts.