Harry Douglas

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...lcons_0621.html

Falcons reach agreement with rookie Douglas

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/21/08

The Falcons agreed to terms with third-round draft pick Harry Douglas, a wide receiver, Friday. The team made several other roster moves, signing free-agent safety Deke Cooper and releasing offensive tackle Michael Butterworth, defensive end Derrick Jones, safety Jamal Lewis and offensive lineman Kurt Quarterman.

Douglas, the 84th overall selection, has agreed to a four-year deal. The Jonesboro native finished as Louisville's fifth-leading receiver.

RELATED STORIES  " More Falcons

Cooper played last season for Carolina. He had 59 tackles and three interceptions. He's also played for Jacksonville and San Francisco.

I have a feeling this guy is going to be one **** of a WR for us. He's going to be more productive for Ryan than he was with Brohm. Roddy White and Douglas are going to be a nast combination in 2-3 years!

who said it who said it? yep i said i told yall that we would get a small guy for our slot wide. every1 was talkin bout us getting a tall guy, and i was like NOPE. this offense is like reeves, so i knew we were gonna get douglas. in my 1st mocks i had us getting him.

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
xfactor (6/20/2008)
He will be our version of Welker but faster.

man F welker. yall dont get it welker is only good, because he was taught by the best TIM MOFO DWIGHT!!!! the system we are running now is the same as Reeves, but we will have some cool gadget plays.

Don't understand the tone in your response but Welker is one heck of a slot receiver and you better pray Douglas can take a hit like Welker. I wouldn't dismiss a Welker to Douglas comparison. I've seen Welker get hammered hang onto the ball and get up ready for the next play. I hope we have that kind of toughness in Douglas.

xfactor (6/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
xfactor (6/20/2008)

man F welker. yall dont get it welker is only good, because he was taught by the best TIM MOFO DWIGHT!!!! the system we are running now is the same as Reeves, but we will have some cool gadget plays.

Don't understand the tone in your response but Welker is one heck of a slot receiver and you better pray Douglas can take a hit like Welker. I wouldn't dismiss a Welker to Douglas comparison. I've seen Welker get hammered hang onto the ball and get up ready for the next play. I hope we have that kind of toughness in Douglas.

i dont know how long you have been a falcon fan, but do you not remember TIM DWIGHT?? he was our slot rec. and our PR/KR guy, plus he was great at it. we did a bad thing trading him. he is only 32 right now. we could have had him doing crazy things if we kept him. also wes welker was losing it, til he was taught by Tim Dwight, then after that he became this great player. so i say F wes welker i want a Douglas to be our TIM DWIGHT.

GEORGIAfan (6/21/2008)
xfactor (6/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
xfactor (6/20/2008)

i dont know how long you have been a falcon fan, but do you not remember TIM DWIGHT?? he was our slot rec. and our PR/KR guy, plus he was great at it. we did a bad thing trading him. he is only 32 right now. we could have had him doing crazy things if we kept him. also wes welker was losing it, til he was taught by Tim Dwight, then after that he became this great player. so i say F wes welker i want a Douglas to be our TIM DWIGHT.

Good posts! Tim Dwight was one of our few bright spots in that Super Bowl beatdown we received by Denver. I hope Douglas can be better than both those two players. I think this is a great pick. Maybe even one of the surprise sleeper picks of the Draft Class.

swiftkick (6/21/2008)
we will regret passing on Manningham ...Douglas does not impress me and will have trouble finding some playing time mark my words dont get your hope up to high on this kid

judging on how the last few WRs the giants have drafted have turned out i wouldnt bet on super mario being all that.

swiftkick (6/21/2008)
we will regret passing on Manningham ...Douglas does not impress me and will have trouble finding some playing time mark my words dont get your hope up to high on this kid

Manningham is waaaay too overhyped he was good earlier in his college career but i was not impressed at all from his last season. Douglas has been argueably our best rookie in OTAs who is already receiving praise and being considered for substantial playing time in the slot. I'll take the coach's word over yours every time.

Fan Z (6/21/2008)
swiftkick (6/21/2008)

Manningham is waaaay too overhyped he was good earlier in his college career but i was not impressed at all from his last season. Douglas has been argueably our best rookie in OTAs who is already receiving praise and being considered for substantial playing time in the slot. I'll take the coach's word over yours every time.

Uhh, you do realize that doesn't make much sense right?

jlaw 1500 (6/21/2008)
Fan Z (6/21/2008)
swiftkick (6/21/2008)

He was good early in his college career, but I was not impressed with his last college year? Makes perfect sense to me.

The Falcon Ace (6/21/2008)
jlaw 1500 (6/21/2008)
Fan Z (6/21/2008)
swiftkick (6/21/2008)

He was good early in his college career, but I was not impressed with his last college year? Makes perfect sense to me.

Well seeing as he's played three years, his first season was 433 yrds receiving and his second season was 703 yrds receiving, but his last season was his breakout season with 1,174 yrds receiving. Which is by and far his best year and would be a great year for any college wideout. I don't see how anyone can say he was good early in his college career and his last wasn't good.

jlaw 1500 (6/21/2008)

Well seeing as he's played three years, his first season was 433 yrds receiving and his second season was 703 yrds receiving, but his last season was his breakout season with 1,174 yrds receiving. Which is by and far his best year and would be a great year for any college wideout. I don't see how anyone can say he was good early in his college career and his last wasn't good.

His second season was his best despite the lower stats, he had a lot more playing time in his final year, but I saw him drop way too many easy passes and he disappeared in many games, especially the bowl game last year against Florida, at times he looked to only be the second best receiver on the team. Maningham is going to have a really hard time climbing up the depth chart in NY