I'm starting to sympathize with Joey...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the famous "Falcon Filter", Joey is the kind of guy you want on this team. He is intelligent, articulate, has yet to throw anyone under the bus (even Petrino, the day BP named Leftwich the starter and Joey found out about it in the PC). Harrington is a class guy. But what he's shown thus far, with all his teams, lends to the position that he may not be a good enough QB to stick with the team. IMHO, I think that between him and DJ, Joey will be retained as the 3rd QB. I could be wrong.......

But I doubt it

:P

dude gets millions i doubt his wife has to do anything. if he was smart with his money he would buy a nice 300+ house in metro atl, let his wife work, and find him a job. DJ Shockley gots the job on lock. the NFL isnt for every1.

i cant believe yall feel sorry for him. id love to be in the NFL. i dont care if ive started or now, plus you know he has millions of dollars, unless he wasted it. i doubt his wife has to work.

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
dude gets millions i doubt his wife has to do anything. . i doubt his wife has to work.

Joey's wife is an M.D. She not only works, she is a medical professional. Joey has stated that once he is through playing football, he wants to open a clinic for the underprivileged, homeless, etc.

So much for what you doubt.

Colt Brennan (6/20/2008)
I do believe Mr.Blank owns the Georgia Force as well. Thats a Arena Football team and push come to shove if he wants to remain in football and in Atlanta maybe that is an option for him.

as greisen's backup maybe. thats about it. i doubt he could take the job from chris.

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
dude gets millions i doubt his wife has to do anything. if he was smart with his money he would buy a nice 300+ house in metro atl, let his wife work, and find him a job. DJ Shockley gots the job on lock. the NFL isnt for every1.

i cant believe yall feel sorry for him. id love to be in the NFL. i dont care if ive started or now, plus you know he has millions of dollars, unless he wasted it. i doubt his wife has to work.

GAfan, I'm disappointed...your post smacks of sexism and stereotyping. :(

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

It's not that easy, of course you just want him to retire so Shockley can stay on the team.:P

Colt Brennan (6/20/2008)
I do believe Mr.Blank owns the Georgia Force as well. Thats a Arena Football team and push come to shove if he wants to remain in football and in Atlanta maybe that is an option for him.

Good advice for a D.J. Shockley thread.

bozoatl (6/20/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
dude gets millions i doubt his wife has to do anything. . i doubt his wife has to work.

Joey's wife is an M.D. She not only works, she is a medical professional. Joey has stated that once he is through playing football, he wants to open a clinic for the underprivileged, homeless, etc.

So much for what you doubt.

what are you talking about?? she doesnt have to work. she may want to work, but she doesnt have to.

oregonsfan (6/20/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

im not saying that she shouldnt work. im just saying that he has made millions that they could live comfortable without her working. while i think it would suck for her to lose a great job( their children would not have to pay tuition), she does not have to work. I dont understand how you can feel sorry for a guy who has got to live the dream that many of us would kill to do. id love to play in the NFL, and if i got millions i wouldnt complain.

Shaud (6/20/2008)
Colt Brennan (6/20/2008)

Good advice for a D.J. Shockley thread.

thats messed up blood. DJ is NFL material. joey is AFL material. hey his deep ball would be considered a deep ball.

Shaud (6/20/2008)
oregonsfan (6/20/2008)

It's okay OF ,all black men aren't like GAfan,we love a hardworking woman.:kiss:

you gonna stab me in the back like that. thats messed up man. we suppose to be bros.

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

thats messed up blood. DJ is NFL material. joey is AFL material. hey his deep ball would be considered a deep ball.

The only deep thing that Shockley has proved in an NFL regular season games is his thoughts on a clipboard.

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

you gonna stab me in the back like that. thats messed up man. we suppose to be bros.

Sorry brotha, I'm the T.O. of this board so next time you get into with a girl I'll cry and say THAT'S MY TEAMMATE, instead of throwing you under the bus. :crying:

Colt Brennan (6/20/2008)

:w00t::cool::w00t::w00t:

Yeah...because he can't play at the NFL level!!  He holds the ball too long...he's inaccurate....he's indecisive...he can't run...What can he do....????  :pinch:

Shaud (6/20/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

Sorry brotha, I'm the T.O. of this board so next time you get into with a girl I'll cry and say THAT'S MY TEAMMATE, instead of throwing you under the bus. :crying:

lmao TO.:w00t:

GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)
oregonsfan (6/20/2008)
GEORGIAfan (6/20/2008)

im not saying that she shouldnt work. im just saying that he has made millions that they could live comfortable without her working. while i think it would suck for her to lose a great job( their children would not have to pay tuition), she does not have to work. I dont understand how you can feel sorry for a guy who has got to live the dream that many of us would kill to do. id love to play in the NFL, and if i got millions i wouldnt complain.

My original opinion of your post hasn't changed and I'm still disappointed.  It's 2008, and the fact we are discussing a woman having a profession (or not) based on whether she has to/wants to work contingent on her husband's income/profession is truly amazing.