DON'T FORGET THE RETURN GAME!

chuck

I haven't seen any reports from mini camp or OTA's about who is getting the most consideration returning punts and KO's.  I know it's early, but this a critical part of the game and the sooner we know if we have the personel to do the job the better.

Is Norwood too valueable to use on kickoffs?  Has Jennings improved or will he even be on the team?  Could Thomas Brown step up and become 'the man'?

Which of the young players have experience returning kicks? Fontenot, Douglas, DeCloud, etc.

Do we need to pick-up someone else before TC?

I'm sure TD and the coaches have a plan -- I just haven't heard what it is.

from what bulldog fans on this board say, hopefully thomas brown and solidify our return game. i wouldnt put norwood back there again. even though he is a great return man, its too much to risk with him also being the running back. just think if he is playing return man fulltime and turner gets hurt, we have no legit #3 back that can carry the load.

I think that Brown can be effective as a punt returner, but I don't know about kickoffs. Hopefully either he or Douglas or someone else can handle that role because I'd like to keep Norwood as rested as possible. I think he's going to have a pretty prominent role in this offense and every little bit of burst we can get out of him on offense could be important.

Direwolf

direwolf (6/20/2008)
I think that Brown can be effective as a punt returner, but I don't know about kickoffs. Hopefully either he or Douglas or someone else can handle that role because I'd like to keep Norwood as rested as possible. I think he's going to have a pretty prominent role in this offense and every little bit of burst we can get out of him on offense could be important.

Direwolf

Thomas Brown returned Kickoffs at UGA, not punts. Mikey Henderson was the Bulldogs punt returner. Harry Douglas did not return punts in College either. I think the only player on the Falcons current roster who has had any experience in returning punts is Adam Jennings. The recently signed WR from Japan, Kinoshita, has punt return experience also. However, I think he will be designated for the practice squad through the foreign player provision.

chuck (6/20/2008)
I haven't seen any reports from mini camp or OTA's about who is getting the most consideration returning punts and KO's.  I know it's early, but this a critical part of the game and the sooner we know if we have the personel to do the job the better.

Is Norwood too valueable to use on kickoffs?  Has Jennings improved or will he even be on the team?  Could Thomas Brown step up and become 'the man'?

Which of the young players have experience returning kicks? Fontenot, Douglas, DeCloud, etc.

Norwood and Brown on KO's and Brown or Douglas on Punts....:cool:

I think we have some options at kickoff return and I don't think Norwood is so valuable that he can't be put back there. Punt return concerns me because I don't see a returner other than Jennings who seems to be able to catch the ball but doesn't seem to want to run with it very much.

seamill returns (6/21/2008)
Vick will be returning punts next year :Pbut this coming year it should beThomas Brown.

Did Wes Welker get involved in the return game for the Patriots?

he was their punt returner. they had a couple of guys run back kicks including maroney.

if the guys we have drafted and signed dont contribute to the return game we could always go back to norwood where we know we'll get production. jones drew is the return man for JAX as are other backups. if we dont put norwood back there we could sign dante hall as a band aid.:(

Sure we can try out Both Douglas and Brown and hopefully they can be good in the return game, but if i had to choose someone who i am confident already can be a dangerous returner, i want Norwood to be the return man. His break away speed needs to be utilized as much as possible, even if it means on special teams, because now we know Turner is gonna be our starter anyway so lets get norwood some touches in the return game.

chuck (6/20/2008)

Well,  according to AF.COM, Kinoshito will be on the Falcons team for the entire 2008 year and has muliple talents.