Jamaal Anderson playing DT for good

atljbo

People need to give Anderson a break.  IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THE FALCONS PICKED HIM IN THE TOP TEN.  If he were a 4th rounder, no one would be complaining.  EVERY player on this team has a lot of room for improvement with the exceptions of the long time vets like Abe, Brooking, Milloy etc...  They've already reached their peak. 

What people fail to realize is that pro bowl players have quality players lining up next to them every week.  That makes their job much easier.  Does anyone really think that Ray Lewis has really gotten that much worse?  No way, it's just what happens when someone like Siragusa retires. 

Look what Chipper Jones is doing now with Teixeira hitting behind him instead of Andruw Jones.  Different sport but same concept. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sun Tzu 7 (6/17/2008)
Well... if this happens do we now have a need at DE?

Nice....  I guess that means a few more development years for Jamaal.... since he was the #8 pick he's quickly headed to "Bust-ville."

A top 10 pick should be an immediate impact player at one position....

Wait, if they're already moving him to DT does that mean the coaching staff thinks he's not going to be a quality DE?

usually never agree with your negativity Sun Tzu - but  IF Jamaal Anderson gets moved permanently to DT - I think it is fair to say that Anderson was a bust at #8 overall. If he moves to DT, then this means he's a total "project" who the team will just be looking for some productivity. You don't draft players like that in the "top 10". While busts and disappointing careers happen all the time with players drafted in the "top 10" - I label a "bust" from that high of a draft position as a player that is not a "difference maker".

Hope this report is "wrong" about Jamaal moving to defensive tackle.

usually never agree with your negativity Sun Tzu - but  IF Jamaal Anderson gets moved permanently to DT - I think it is fair to say that Anderson was a bust at #8 overall. If he moves to DT, then this means he's a total "project" who the team will just be looking for some productivity. You don't draft players like that in the "top 10". While busts and disappointing careers happen all the time with players drafted in the "top 10" - I label a "bust" from that high of a draft position as a player that is not a "difference maker".

Thanks... I think.... :D

But this was what I was trying to say.  If he's PERMANENTLT moved to DT then he's more of a bust to me.

He was a NEED based draft pick and not BPA.

This is why I say when you draft in the top 10 and ESPECIALLY top 5 you should go for BPA instead of need because of this kind of stuff right here.

I don't blame him.  I am just AMAZED that we mis-evaluated him soooo bad.  This wasn't a low rounder.  This was our #1 pick and the #8th overall...  it's because of stuff like this that we have little talent, no depth and no cap room.

Wow.... I guess McKay was as bad as advertised... he makes Dan Reeves look like a genius when it comes to the draft.

atljbo (6/17/2008)
One of my homeboys sent me this
Steve Wyche reported that Jamal may be moving to DT. And it will probably be his long term position. If he does, who'll start at LE? Moorhead, Chauncey, Bierman, Brandon Miller, or do we sign another DE? And who's going to get reduced playing time at DT? Trey Lewis or Babs? Thoughts?

Bad Bad idea

Sun Tzu 7 (6/18/2008)
usually never agree with your negativity Sun Tzu - but  IF Jamaal Anderson gets moved permanently to DT - I think it is fair to say that Anderson was a bust at #8 overall. If he moves to DT, then this means he's a total "project" who the team will just be looking for some productivity. You don't draft players like that in the "top 10". While busts and disappointing careers happen all the time with players drafted in the "top 10" - I label a "bust" from that high of a draft position as a player that is not a "difference maker".

Thanks... I think.... :D

But this was what I was trying to say.  If he's PERMANENTLT moved to DT then he's more of a bust to me.

He was a NEED based draft pick and not BPA.

This is why I say when you draft in the top 10 and ESPECIALLY top 5 you should go for BPA instead of need because of this kind of stuff right here.

I don't blame him.  I am just AMAZED that we mis-evaluated him soooo bad.  This wasn't a low rounder.  This was our #1 pick and the #8th overall...  it's because of stuff like this that we have little talent, no depth and no cap room.

Wow.... I guess McKay was as bad as advertised... he makes Dan Reeves look like a genius when it comes to the draft.

Agree with everything you said.....hopefully Jamaal stays at Defensive End and makes great progress this season.  If he moves to DT-I think this does not bode well for the Falcons.

pured-hallfan (6/18/2008)
atljbo (6/17/2008)
One of my homeboys sent me this
Steve Wyche reported that Jamal may be moving to DT. And it will probably be his long term position. If he does, who'll start at LE? Moorhead, Chauncey, Bierman, Brandon Miller, or do we sign another DE? And who's going to get reduced playing time at DT? Trey Lewis or Babs? Thoughts?

Bad Bad idea

Jamaal is 4 inches taller and the same weight as babs so why couldnt he play DT?Jamaal is one of the biggest guys on our line.

This is all a storm in a teacup.

Someone - whether Wyche or otherwise - has slightly misinterpreted or misrepresented the idea of JA moving inside on passing downs (which is a great idea), and it has metamorphosed into: aaargh, JA is moving to DT full-time.

JA will start at LDE. He will play some snaps at DT on passing downs. Simple as that. Nothing to get worked up about. Let's just hope for Tuck-like results...

actually i saw him playing mostly DE this year but when babs leaves as a F/A next year i see us moving anderson inside to take his place and using a 1st rd draft pick on a DE which appears to be one of the strongest positions next year. i like greg hardy. one can only hope. maybe bierman plays LDE on 3rd and long with anderson at LDT this year.

Sun Tzu 7 (6/17/2008)
Well... if this happens do we now have a need at DE?

Nice....  I guess that means a few more development years for Jamaal.... since he was the #8 pick he's quickly headed to "Bust-ville."

A top 10 pick should be an immediate impact player at one position....

Wait, if they're already moving him to DT does that mean the coaching staff thinks he's not going to be a quality DE?

He should be at DE next season. Maybe he'll pull a Mario Williams and surprise us, or he'll suck. You never know, but the front office shouldnt move him based on one rookie season performance. Besides, he doesnt have the build of DT.