possible landing places for jimmy williams??

crankthatbatman (6/17/2008)
i think jimmy will flourish in the right defensive scheme. too bad he wasnt given the chance to succeed here, but i could see him maybe going to seattle with old coach, now defensive backs coach jim mora, or oakland with former teammate d-hall, or to cincinnati with former def coach mike zimmer.

L.A. Raiders....or with Jim Mora ....

:cool:

With work ethic like Williams has, it's likely that his NFL career is over. He may float around from team to team for a year or two, but I doubt that he sticks anywhere.

But who knows, maybe he will be "motivated to succeed" just like he was when he fell out of the top-10 in 2006. :D

Josh Affonso (6/17/2008)
With work ethic like Williams has, it's likely that his NFL career is over. He may float around from team to team for a year or two, but I doubt that he sticks anywhere.

But who knows, maybe he will be "motivated to succeed" just like he was when he fell out of the top-10 in 2006. :D

usually if a player like williams gets a 2nd chance, they dont mess that up. look at tank williams, and watch pacman. they know this is their last chance to prove they belong in the nfl and they can stay out of trouble. jimmy will get that 2nd chance, and its up to him what he does with it.

i think jimmy will flourish in the right defensive scheme. too bad he wasnt given the chance to succeed here, but i could see him maybe going to seattle with old coach, now defensive backs coach jim mora, or oakland with former teammate d-hall, or to cincinnati with former def coach mike zimmer.

After not cracking the lineup for 2 years he shows up to impress a new coaching staff with a clean slate at 236 lbs and skips most of minicamp and you say he was not given a chance to succeed?..he's another wasted pick and will be out of the league this time next year. He and Marcus can start a business together..

Josh Affonso (6/17/2008)

usually if a player like williams gets a 2nd chance, they dont mess that up. look at tank williams, and watch pacman. they know this is their last chance to prove they belong in the nfl and they can stay out of trouble. jimmy will get that 2nd chance, and its up to him what he does with it.

From my estimate, Petrino was supposed to be his second chance. He had an unofficial THIRD chance with Emmitt Thomas.

If Emmitt doesn't think you should start, wow.

Usually if a player like williams gets a 2nd chance, they dont mess that up. look at tank williams, and watch pacman. they know this is their last chance to prove they belong in the nfl and they can stay out of trouble. jimmy will get that 2nd chance, and its up to him what he does with it.

Completely different situations.  Those guys proved their skills translated to the NFL level,   Williams has not done so.  Pacman & Tank simply had not figured the off the field game .

TheDirtyWordII (6/17/2008)
Usually if a player like williams gets a 2nd chance, they dont mess that up. look at tank williams, and watch pacman. they know this is their last chance to prove they belong in the nfl and they can stay out of trouble. jimmy will get that 2nd chance, and its up to him what he does with it.

Completely different situations.  Those guys proved their skills translated to the NFL level,   Williams has not done so.  Pacman & Tank simply had not figured the off the field game .

He didnt play in his last game (bowl game) at VT.They had moved on and we still drafted him.

i think jimmy will flourish in the right defensive scheme.

This is the 3rd defensive scheme he hasn't flourished in. How many are left?

too bad he wasnt given the chance to succeed here,

Wasn't given a chance! Are you serious?

but i could see him maybe going to seattle with old coach, now defensive backs coach jim mora,

That's one of the schemes he didn't flourish in. Why would he flourish in it now?

or oakland with former teammate d-hall,

Oakland is stacked with defensive backs. Their 3rd stringers could start for the Falcons.  Exactly where would JW play?

or to cincinnati with former def coach mike zimmer.

Zimmer demoted him from special teams to the bench. Why would that be a good spot for him?

Brookhaven (6/17/2008)
i think jimmy will flourish in the right defensive scheme.

This is the 3rd defensive scheme he hasn't flourished in. How many are left?

too bad he wasnt given the chance to succeed here,

Wasn't given a chance! Are you serious?

but i could see him maybe going to seattle with old coach, now defensive backs coach jim mora,

That's one of the schemes he didn't flourish in. Why would he flourish in it now?

or oakland with former teammate d-hall,

Oakland is stacked with defensive backs. Their 3rd stringers could start for the Falcons.  Exactly where would JW play?

or to cincinnati with former def coach mike zimmer.

Zimmer demoted him from special teams to the bench. Why would that be a good spot for him?

We were and have been desperate for corner and safety help.If he didnt make it he didnt cut it.

Statick (6/17/2008)
Josh Affonso (6/17/2008)

From my estimate, Petrino was supposed to be his second chance. He had an unofficial THIRD chance with Emmitt Thomas.

how could he start with crocker and lawyer in front of him? there was no possible way after being moved to safety.

Statick (6/17/2008)
Josh Affonso (6/17/2008)

how could he start with crocker and lawyer in front of him? there was no possible way after being moved to safety.

It's called "making an effort", which he clearly didn't.

He probably thought of the same excuse that you're making for him right now.

Crocker was mediocre at best.  What does that say for Mr Grill?

Since66 (6/17/2008)

Crocker was mediocre at best.  What does that say for Mr Grill?

Everyone, including sportswriters who didn't cover our team on the regular, figured that he could at least beat out Crocker's sorry butt.