The Falcons are rebuilding, Champ and Dre Bly are old, Pacman has alot to prove. The Raiders have the best CB tandem in the league and are primed for success under "a legend of the game"

Guest Gritz

Once they're not wearing the Falcon uni anymore I could care less what any ex-Falcon: player, coach or front office exec says.....

Means less than nothing to me.....;)

swiftkick (6/16/2008)
j105 (6/16/2008)
Actually, most of what he said is true........

sad

lol yea he said the Raiders arent in a rebuilding phase like we are lol ...Yea they have a 1st year QB cause last year Russell saw like half a game and a rookie runningback they have

Hence, most of what he said

falconfanatic365 (6/16/2008)
Not even a preseason snap under his belt and he's already blasting the rest of the NFL.  Good riddance Me-Hall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=3446546

Champ and Bly will destroy every set of recievers they see both of them are stars even after they've lost a step because of their ability to cover

Champ is still 29 and turns 30 in 6 days, Dre Bly turned 31 three weeks ago.  D-Hall has always been jealous of Champ Bailey.  He's been making comments about how people still call Bailey the best for years.  It kills him.  He wanted to be the next Deion but he isn't even worthy of Ray Buchanan during his first couple years as a Falcon.  Ray ended up stinking as he got older but started out a stud cover corner who gave us more quality years than D-Hall did.  Neither of them were even close to Champ or Deion.  I think D Hall could have been special returning punts and kickoffs.  He had a couple great plays taken away by penalty.  He was a good corner who got thrown out of multiple games, gambled alot, took cheap shots, and played soft coverage trying to get the ball thrown towards him. He also made a few plays forcing fumbles by "ripping the ball out", got a few interceptions but no more than the average teams top corner, mostly matched up with the other teams best WR, played the run well and wasn't afraid to hit.  I think he has the potential to get better at 24 but his temper, ego and bitterness towards others not recognizing him as the greatest hold him back.

He also made a few plays forcing fumbles by "ripping the ball out", got a few interceptions but no more than the average teams top corner, mostly matched up with the other teams best WR, played the run well and wasn't afraid to hit.

I agree for the most part, but Hall was afraid to hit. All he would do to tackle is fall into someone's knees. It was sad. Anyone remember the 2nd Panthers game (not his 70 some yards of penalties) where Steve Smith just jumped over his tackle? That is sad effort. And he gave everyone way too much yardage. Grimes played much better in limited time that Hall did last year.

But whatever, I'm tired of of Hall, and I'm glad he is gone. Adios to the scrub.

It is one thing for Hall to say the raiders have the best CB tandem in the league. Ok. You haven't proven squat yet, but on paper maybe.

Was it really necessary to bring other players names into the fold? I mean, for Hall to say anything about Champ is stupid. 29 might be old for a RB, but for a corner?

I don't know. Just seems like a unnecessary cheap shot at champ, pacman, bly.

sporkdevil (6/16/2008)
He also made a few plays forcing fumbles by "ripping the ball out", got a few interceptions but no more than the average teams top corner, mostly matched up with the other teams best WR, played the run well and wasn't afraid to hit.

I agree for the most part, but Hall was afraid to hit. All he would do to tackle is fall into someone's knees. It was sad. Anyone remember the 2nd Panthers game (not his 70 some yards of penalties) where Steve Smith just jumped over his tackle? That is sad effort. And he gave everyone way too much yardage. Grimes played much better in limited time that Hall did last year.

But whatever, I'm tired of of Hall, and I'm glad he is gone. Adios to the scrub.

:laugh:

YoungHeezy (6/16/2008)
sporkdevil (6/16/2008)

I guess you didn't see Grimes play. He played tight coverage, and gave just about nothing after the catch in that Arizona game against basically the best WR tandem in the league. Hall didn't really do that all year. Try watching the games, I was really impressed with Grimes, and I've been let down by Hall the past few years.

i liked hall and im wishing him the best in OAK (as long as they arent playing us). same for crump, and i would say same for dunn but we all know where he went. cant wish a rival well.

i also noticed he is a true raider now, he grew out the beard!:w00t:

EDIT: hall doesnt hate champ. plus he said they are getting OLDER, he didnt say he hated them, or they sucked or anything, just that they are getting older, which is true. champ is almost 30 and is in his 10th season, dre is about to be 32 and is also in his 10th season. they are probably the best tandem, but you cannot deny they arent to far from being in the "OLD" category.

now i do disagree with hall saying the raiders arent in a re-building process. the only difference from us and them is that they MAY be further along in their process because they've been rebuilding longer.

sporkdevil (6/16/2008)
YoungHeezy (6/16/2008)
sporkdevil (6/16/2008)

I guess you didn't see Grimes play. He played tight coverage, and gave just about nothing after the catch in that Arizona game against basically the best WR tandem in the league. Hall didn't really do that all year. Try watching the games, I was really impressed with Grimes, and I've been let down by Hall the past few years.

His coverage impressed me too..but as you said, he didn't give up much "after" the catch, which meant there wasn't many plays made on ball.

birdz4i (6/16/2008)
D-Hall has always been jealous of Champ Bailey.

link? or are you spewing your opinion?

THE CHAMP BAILEY I SAW LAST YEAR DIDN'T LOOK TOO SUPER TO ME. DID HE TO YOU? I'M AS BIG A GEORGIA BULLDOG AS THEY COME. BUT LAST YEAR NFL RECIEVERS WERE HANDING CHAMP HIS LUNCH.

To the title of the thread

1. The Falcons are rebuilding - I think most of the planet would agree this was true.

2. Champ and Dre Bly are old - well they aren't getting younger.

3. Pacman has a lot to prove - can't deny this. If he doesn't he is out of the league.

4. The Raiders have the best tandem in the league - well def in the top 3 tandems, if not the best.

Hall is just running his mouth as he always does.  Let's revisit this at around game 8 of the season and see who really has taken the right steps for the rebuilding.  If Hall really thinks they aren't rebuilding over there, then I have some oceanfront property in Buckhead he should look at. 

swiftkick (6/16/2008)
j105 (6/16/2008)

sad

lol yea he said the Raiders arent in a rebuilding phase like we are lol ...Yea they have a 1st year QB cause last year Russell saw like half a game and a rookie runningback they have

On paper thats still better than what we have.

To Mike Smith, coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

When we play the Raiders this season coach, just look back to the 2006 campaign and remember one thing. DeAngelo Hall can't defend a Skinny Post route.

So just remember this play. Runningback flats right, Roddy Skinny post, Tight End slant right. It's a touchdown every time.

playoffbound9 (6/17/2008)
To Mike Smith, coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

When we play the Raiders this season coach, just look back to the 2006 campaign and remember one thing. DeAngelo Hall can't defend a Skinny Post route.

So just remember this play. Runningback flats right, Roddy Skinny post, Tight End slant right. It's a touchdown every time.

or watch the dallas game where T.O. burns hall for 2 TDs

Sun Tzu 7 (6/17/2008)
swiftkick (6/16/2008)
j105 (6/16/2008)

sad

On paper thats still better than what we have.

How so ?

QBS-  A wash

Rbs = I give us a slight edge

Oline =Oakland not by much there oline sucks to

Wrs both are about  equal

Dline-Burgess and  Abraham  are a wash

LBS - we  have a  good edge

Secondary- Oakland has a much better one

Special Teams about equal