how strong will our Offense be this year?

After looking at the roster, I see a team that has the potential to really do some damage to the scoreboard.  After we establish the running game early, the opponents are going to have to commit 8 to the box to stop the 500 pounds of beef coming out of the backfield.

Then comes the horses we have in the passing game.  We will have one-on-one matchups and we can win those.

There is still jerious norwood. He will actually get a chance to be the change of pace back.

After the bruising that Turner puts on them, norwood will be a lot quicker and elusive.  He will get some plays at WR to have matchup problems for the defense.

We only scored 16.2 points a game last year, the leading team in the NFC scored 28.4.

MIddle of the pack is 21 in the NFC.  That is what we need to get to.  We can do that.

Of coarse for anything to be effective, the Oline has to come through.

We are still at a wait and see stage with that unit, but I think that we are much improved over last year.  we now have real competition at every position and that will only bring out the best in each guy.  We were ranked just about dead last in every offensive category last year except passing yardage, and I see all of those improving to at least middle of the pack in the NFC.

How well do you think the offense will do?

Run game improvement is something to admire. WR is an improvement. Offensive line is a possible improvement, depending on how Baker turns out. And if Dahl works out. And who knows who starts RT, but that shouldn't be a big problem, we have OK depth. But if Redman has all this to work with, I think we will have a **** of an offense. He played very well with much worse last year. I will have to wait to see it to believe it, but there is a good possibility for a very potent offense.

I feel the same way.  Many of the guys on TV say that we will be the worse team in the NFL.

I just don't see it.  Our team is much improved in just about every area, especially coaching.

We will be 7-9 or 8-8.

realistic wins for 2008:

Lions, Kansas City, Chicago, Oakland, Denver, Carolina, New Orleans, St. Louis, Philly.

Not definate wins, but these teams are beatable by a team that runs the ball.

I think that we may have a TE with hands in an undrafted free agent.

Team Report: Strategy and Personnel

Inside Slant | Notes and Quotes | Strategy and Personnel

Brad Listorti, an undrafted tight end from Massachusetts, has been very strong in OTAs -- solid enough for Atlanta to release George Cooper, who was on the team's practice squad last season. Listorti went undrafted after missing most of his senior season with a back injury. He tried out for the Jets but was no retained.

Listorti is an athletic player who can has shown the ability and speed to make plays further down field than any tight end on the team. Though is a project, he's in good position to at least be retained as a practice-squad player because of the lack of receiving depth at the position.

If Weiner is OK -- the O-line should be OK.  We still need to continue building this unit, and next year's draft has alot of prime O-linemen -- but for now, improvement seems likely.

When speaking of the offense, don't forget about the kicking game.  Field position and FG's have a huge impact on offensive production.  I think that Koenen and Elam will certianly help us win some games.

trubirdfan4life (6/15/2008)
After looking at the roster, I see a team that has the potential to really do some damage to the scoreboard.  After we establish the running game early, the opponents are going to have to commit 8 to the box to stop the 500 pounds of beef coming out of the backfield.

Then comes the horses we have in the passing game.  We will have one-on-one matchups and we can win those.

There is still jerious norwood. He will actually get a chance to be the change of pace back.

After the bruising that Turner puts on them, norwood will be a lot quicker and elusive.  He will get some plays at WR to have matchup problems for the defense.

We only scored 16.2 points a game last year, the leading team in the NFC scored 28.4.

MIddle of the pack is 21 in the NFC.  That is what we need to get to.  We can do that.

We are still at a wait and see stage with that unit, but I think that we are much improved over last year.  we now have real competition at every position and that will only bring out the best in each guy.  We were ranked just about dead last in every offensive category last year except passing yardage, and I see all of those improving to at least middle of the pack in the NFC.

the ole chalkboard theory wins you games every week, too bad they actually have to play the games

I THINK THIS YEAR OUR O LINE WILL BE BETTER COACHED AND WITH ADDITION OF TURNER AND MULARKEY USING OVIE IN AN APROPRIATE WAY I THINK THAT WHOEVER OUR STARTING QB IS HE SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF SPEED WEAPONS TO THROW TO NOW WITH DOUGLAS AND WHITE AND JENKINS NOT TO MENTION LETTING TURNER TAKE SOME OF THE LOAD!

The falcons haven't had this many weapons on offense since it was:

Chris Chandler

Jamal Anderson

Bob Christian

Tony Martin

Terrance Mathis

That team put points on the board and I think this team will too.

That's a good observation you make.  We do have some good weapons on Offense including several RB's that can be considered 'weapons'.  I think TD & Smith really wanted to build an offense that could produce points and control the ball with power running.  Smith, being a defensive guy should be able to find a way to put a "D" on the field that can at least keep the opponents from outscoring us until he can get the pieces to produce an 'elite' defense such as those we've seen from Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Tampa.  When that's done, we'll be ready for a serious run.

I think the x factor is Chris Redman. Many have written him off because of the Ryan hype, but the man can get the ball to where it needs to be, and he can do it in crunch time. He could stun a whole lot of people. If he has adequate time to throw, he could be as good as any QB. He's the starter, and I don't think Ryan will beat him out....and that's a good thing if you think about it. I think we'll be in the middle of the pack.

After looking at the roster, I see a team that has the potential to really do some damage to the scoreboard. After we establish the running game early, the opponents are going to have to commit 8 to the box to stop the 500 pounds of beef coming out of the backfield.

Then comes the horses we have in the passing game. We will have one-on-one matchups and we can win those.

After the bruising that Turner puts on them, norwood will be a lot quicker and elusive. He will get some plays at WR to have matchup problems for the defense.

MIddle of the pack is 21 in the NFC. That is what we need to get to. We can do that.

We are still at a wait and see stage with that unit, but I think that we are much improved over last year. we now have real competition at every position and that will only bring out the best in each guy. We were ranked just about dead last in every offensive category last year except passing yardage, and I see all of those improving to at least middle of the pack in the NFC.

The offense is not what I'm worrying about. It's the Defense I'm worried about. I'm scared we're going to find ourselves in a bunch of shootouts because of our Defense inability to stop the other team's offense.

chitow2atl_falcon (6/16/2008)
After looking at the roster, I see a team that has the potential to really do some damage to the scoreboard. After we establish the running game early, the opponents are going to have to commit 8 to the box to stop the 500 pounds of beef coming out of the backfield.

Then comes the horses we have in the passing game. We will have one-on-one matchups and we can win those.

After the bruising that Turner puts on them, norwood will be a lot quicker and elusive. He will get some plays at WR to have matchup problems for the defense.

MIddle of the pack is 21 in the NFC. That is what we need to get to. We can do that.

We are still at a wait and see stage with that unit, but I think that we are much improved over last year. we now have real competition at every position and that will only bring out the best in each guy. We were ranked just about dead last in every offensive category last year except passing yardage, and I see all of those improving to at least middle of the pack in the NFC.

The offense is not what I'm worrying about. It's the Defense I'm worried about. I'm scared we're going to find ourselves in a bunch of shootouts because of our Defense inability to stop the other team's offense.

imo we are in trouble on both sides of the ball