What a difference a year makes.............

Bring It

The summer and fall of 2007 couldn't have been worse, even if Hollywood wrote the script. A trainwreck beyond description. As the 2007 season progressed, the stench only got worse. Then the total nightmare departure of Mr. Loyalty himself...........Quitrino.

From those ashes, this franchise has been completely REBORN, starting with the hiring of Thomas Dimitroff and then Mike Smith. The future has never looked brighter, team chemistry is at the highest level ever. Excellent young talent on both sides of the ball. Enthusiasm everywhere.

The disaster of 2007 has turned into a true........BLESSING IN DISGUISE.

IN SPADES.

blah

id rather have the team building off of mike vick, roddy white, jerious norwood, (daren mcfadden who we might have drafted if vick didnt kill dogs), Dhall, and crumpler

i understand where ur coming from but i dont think vick going to jail was a blessing in disguise for this franchise

miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

id rather have the team building off of mike vick, roddy white, jerious norwood, (daren mcfadden who we might have drafted if vick didnt kill dogs), Dhall, and crumpler

i understand where ur coming from but i dont think vick going to jail was a blessing in disguise for this franchise

On the football field, I prefer Vick to Ryan...Yes, I do. That said, I far prefer Smith to Petrino, Dimitroff to Mckay, our draft this year to previous drafts, our philosophy, and our new team chemistry. That entire previous team was poorly designed and carried by one player(vick), and until last season happened, we didn't realized quite how pathetic they were. Now we know, and we are moving to correct it.

I would not be at all surprised if in 2-3 years time, this Falcons team is better than any Vick led team, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

On the football field, I prefer Vick to Ryan...Yes, I do. That said, I far prefer Smith to Petrino, Dimitroff to Mckay, our draft this year to previous drafts, our philosophy, and our new team chemistry. That entire previous team was poorly designed and carried by one player(vick), and until last season happened, we didn't realized quite how pathetic they were. Now we know, and we are moving to correct it.

I would not be at all surprised if in 2-3 years time, this Falcons team is better than any Vick led team, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Vick turned into a "circus act", not a serious NFL  QB. After a while, all defensive coaching staffs figured out how to stop him..........and had he stayed...........probably would have ended up in the hospital with a career ending injury. He was a huge bullseye every Sunday.

Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick turned into a "circus act", not a serious NFL QB. After a while, all defensive coaching staffs figured out how to stop him..........and had he stayed...........probably would have ended up in the hospital with a career ending injury. He was a huge bullseye every Sunday.

Ya I liked watching Vick on the field when he made plays with his feet because it seemed unplanned and exciting, but I'll never forget after we lost to the Giants I was at the CNN center getting some food and I overheard some Giants fans laughing "and the sad thing is they are stuck with Vick for the next 10 years, hahaha"

What I realized is we didn't have a real QB we had a gimmick.

Winners Win (6/14/2008)
Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick turned into a "circus act", not a serious NFL QB. After a while, all defensive coaching staffs figured out how to stop him..........and had he stayed...........probably would have ended up in the hospital with a career ending injury. He was a huge bullseye every Sunday.

Ya I liked watching Vick on the field when he made plays with his feet because it seemed unplanned and exciting, but I'll never forget after we lost to the Giants I was at the CNN center getting some food and I overheard some Giants fans laughing "and the sad thing is they are stuck with Vick for the next 10 years, hahaha"

You listen to Giants fans? That's what's sad.

Bring It (6/14/2008)
The summer and fall of 2007 couldn't have been worse, even if Hollywood wrote the script. A trainwreck beyond description. As the 2007 season progressed, the stench only got worse. Then the total nightmare departure of Mr. Loyalty himself...........Quitrino.

From those ashes, this franchise has been completely REBORN, starting with the hiring of Thomas Dimitroff and then Mike Smith. The future has never looked brighter, team chemistry is at the highest level ever. Excellent young talent on both sides of the ball. Enthusiasm everywhere.

IN SPADES.

No where but up.

mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

The keyword being "Falcons Team".  Not knocking what Vick did but he didn't do much for the supporting cast, instead always taking it upon his own shoulders.  But it's kind of tough to actually find out how good/bad Vick's 'playmakers' were until he wasn't playing.  His absence really brought to light what we really lacked and finally made it obviouse what holes we needed to fill.  It's a shame that he couldn't have benefitted from it, but moving forward, I believe the Falcons can and will benefit by being more stable and competitive in the future as a result.

falconfansince66 (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)

The keyword being "Falcons Team". Not knocking what Vick did but he didn't do much for the supporting cast, instead always taking it upon his own shoulders. But it's kind of tough to actually find out how good/bad Vick's 'playmakers' were until he wasn't playing. His absence really brought to light what we really lacked and finally made it obviouse what holes we neededto fill. It's a shame that he couldn't have benefitted from it, but moving forward, I believe the Falcons can and will benefit by being more stable and competitive in the future as a result.

Well said '66

I can't wait for the season to start!:w00t:

dozer (6/14/2008)
falconfansince66 (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)

The keyword being "Falcons Team". Not knocking what Vick did but he didn't do much for the supporting cast, instead always taking it upon his own shoulders. But it's kind of tough to actually find out how good/bad Vick's 'playmakers' were until he wasn't playing. His absence really brought to light what we really lacked and finally made it obviouse what holes we neededto fill. It's a shame that he couldn't have benefitted from it, but moving forward, I believe the Falcons can and will benefit by being more stable and competitive in the future as a result.

Well said '66

I can't wait for the season to start!:w00t:

Yeah, me too!  This is my most anticipated season since the hiring of Dan Reeves.

Winners Win (6/14/2008)
Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick was Far from a gimmick its just not hard to contain one player who has no supporting cast.

Bring It (6/14/2008)

IN SPADES.

All we have to do now is win!!!  :w00t:

Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Lets see all defensive coaching staff figured out how to stop him?? Is that why he ran for over 1000 yards? More that ANY QB ever did, or ever will?? What Vick did was masked the OL's problems. What Vick did was on third down put the team on his back, because our little "Pill bug" RB Dunn could not do it, or our WRs.

I think any fan who will do a little introspection will have to admit that this team has been rebuilding in a stop start way since Dan Reeves.  The last 5 years has largely been putting duct tape and chewing gum on a sucking chest wound.  FInally all that tape unraveled and exposed us for what we had been, a one trick pony.

Flash forward 5 years and the building can finally start.  I hear terms like "Wrapping up and tackling, hitting, meanness, intelligence, hard running game, and heady QB."  These are the things that excite me.  We are finally building it from the ground up.  I cannot wait for the day, about 4 years from now (it may take that long-hang in there) when other teams roll into the Dome and know that they will have to fight on every down.  THey will know by the amount of bruises and dings that the falcons are no push over and that we should genuinely be FEARED.  We will be competitive sooner than that, but I wish for the day for FEAR.  Thats when you know you have arrived.  And with Dimitroff and Smith, that day WILL COME.  NFL needs to watch out.  THe Falcons are coming-------------finally.

Bring It (6/14/2008)

From those ashes, this franchise has been completely REBORN, starting with the hiring of Thomas Dimitroff and then Mike Smith. The future has never looked brighter, team chemistry is at the highest level ever. Excellent young talent on both sides of the ball. Enthusiasm everywhere.The disaster of 2007 has turned into a true........BLESSING IN DISGUISE.IN SPADES.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND I ARE ON THE SAME PAGE!

L (6/14/2008)
Winners Win (6/14/2008)
Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick was Far from a gimmick its just not hard to contain one player who has no supporting cast.

Vick was a gimmick. He was a ball hog without enough intelligence to be patient and let the other players do what the plays called for. Rather than be patient and wait for plays to develop, he would break and run.

Look at the record, the Vick era gave us .500 teams and nothing better. In the one playoff season, if Vick had the ability to pass we could have won.

With Vick it was ALL or NONE.

Stop Vick and you stop the Falcons.

Vick was a One Trick Pony.

His passing game consisted of Alge. What else was there?

I am glad he is gone.

herr doktor (6/14/2008)
I think any fan who will do a little introspection will have to admit that this team has been rebuilding in a stop start way since Dan Reeves.  The last 5 years has largely been putting duct tape and chewing gum on a sucking chest wound.  FInally all that tape unraveled and exposed us for what we had been, a one trick pony.

Flash forward 5 years and the building can finally start.  I hear terms like "Wrapping up and tackling, hitting, meanness, intelligence, hard running game, and heady QB."  These are the things that excite me.  We are finally building it from the ground up.  I cannot wait for the day, about 4 years from now (it may take that long-hang in there) when other teams roll into the Dome and know that they will have to fight on every down.  THey will know by the amount of bruises and dings that the falcons are no push over and that we should genuinely be FEARED.  We will be competitive sooner than that, but I wish for the day for FEAR.  Thats when you know you have arrived.  And with Dimitroff and Smith, that day WILL COME.  NFL needs to watch out.  THe Falcons are coming-------------finally.

Yessir...............yessir  !!!!!!!!

miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah i understand where ur coming from but i dont think vick going to jail was a blessing in disguise for this franchise

That part is the best part.... Vick was doomed to fail as a NFL QB. Ryan may not be the answer, but Vick wasn't either...

Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick turned into a "circus act", not a serious NFL  QB. After a while, all defensive coaching staffs figured out how to stop him..........and had he stayed...........probably would have ended up in the hospital with a career ending injury. He was a huge bullseye every Sunday.

Mike Vick was fun to watch play the game of football...he is a talented player, he was electrifing, granted other teams did figure him out....but he was/ and is gifted...I hope he makes a comeback in the NFL....and I"m gonna go out on a limb and say, I hope he comes back to Atlanta in some form or fashion......he makes things happen. I"m glad we got Matt Ryan...he is gonna be great for the team and the city. I"m stoked and am ready for the season to begin....

oh yeah...

michaelgee (6/15/2008)
L (6/14/2008)
Winners Win (6/14/2008)
Bring It (6/14/2008)
mr pickle (6/14/2008)
miKevicK777 (6/14/2008)
blah

Vick was a gimmick. He was a ball hog without enough intelligence to be patient and let the other players do what the plays called for. Rather than be patient and wait for plays to develop, he would break and run.

Look at the record, the Vick era gave us .500 teams and nothing better. In the one playoff season,if Vick had the ability to pass we could have won.

With Vick it was ALL or NONE.

Stop Vick and you stop the Falcons.

Vick was a One Trick Pony.

His passing game consisted of Alge. What else was there?

I am glad he is gone.

Be patient? You saw our O-line last year. How can you be patient with that?