What is your favorite falcon's

bucman (6/13/2008)
I would have to say last year at our house. Only because I was there for our very first kickoff return every!

Good times;)

You mean the one that was aided with the illegal block in the back that wasn't called? Yeah, I remember that. :D

My favorite game was probably Vick's return from injury on Saturday Night with the 4th and 12 dive to tie the game.

Dem Birds Can Fly (6/13/2008)
bucman (6/13/2008)
I would have to say last year at our house. Only because I was there for our very first kickoff return every!

Good times;)

You mean the one that was aided with the illegal block in the back that wasn't called? Yeah, I remember that. :D

My favorite game was probably Vick's return from injury on Saturday Night with the 4th and 12 dive to tie the game.

Yea yea thats the one....:P

Jones's run and shoot offense firmly in place, George had a then-career season. In the final game of the 1995 season, the Falcons come from behind to beat the long standing dynasty San Francisco 49ers 28-27 to secure a playoff spot. They would lose to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field 37-20. The Falcons ended the season with a playoff berth, and killed the 49ers home field playoff chances in one game with far lesser athletes. I saw heart when George got injured and Hebert stepped in and threw that pass to Mathis at half field and Mathis ran all over the field for 40 yards and made that touchdown. Then the end to intercept the ball on Steve Young on the 49ers final drive to win. Yup...thats it!

bucman (6/13/2008)

Good times;)

im pretty sure the 4th and 12 dive was in 2004 i remember it it was on ESPN sunday night football i believe. And he was coming off an injury in 2003, i dont remember any dives from then..

(6/14/2008)
Jones's run and shoot offense firmly in place, George had a then-career season. In the final game of the 1995 season, the Falcons come from behind to beat the long standing dynasty San Francisco 49ers 28-27 to secure a playoff spot. They would lose to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field 37-20. The Falcons ended the season with a playoff berth, and killed the 49ers home field playoff chances in one game with far lesser athletes. I saw heart when George got injured and Hebert stepped in and threw that pass to Mathis at half field and Mathis ran all over the field for 40 yards and made that touchdown. Then the end to intercept the ball on Steve Young on the 49ers final drive to win. Yup...thats it!

This.

the steelers game in 06 was the best game ive ever seen in person. icing on the cake was all that half of the dome was steelers fans and they were talking mad smack all game, still high off their superbowl run- only to be let down. i loved it.

the 04 vick dive to beat the panthers was awesome as well.

NiteFalcon (6/14/2008)
bucman (6/13/2008)

Good times;)

im pretty sure the 4th and 12 dive was in 2004 i remember it it was on ESPN sunday night football i believe. And he was coming off an injury in 2003, i dont remember any dives from then..

Yeah, you may be right. I get the two games confused cause they were both overtime games and on saturday night. They were both saturday night games, but it was ESPN Sunday Night Football. Those 2 years they had a few saturday games also.

falconfansince66 (6/13/2008)
December in1980 -The Falcons beatthe 49ers 35-10to win their first division title. They'd lose to the Rams the next week so ifthey had lost this particular game,they may have lostyet anothertitle to them.

Honorable Mention: Beatingthe Saints silly62-7 in 1973was a lot of fun.

I was about to mention the first ever division title clinching win in 1980 Falcons destroyed the Niners.

putnam6 (6/14/2008)
falconfansince66 (6/13/2008)
December in1980 -The Falcons beatthe 49ers 35-10to win their first division title. They'd lose to the Rams the next week so ifthey had lost this particular game,they may have lostyet anothertitle to them.

Honorable Mention: Beatingthe Saints silly62-7 in 1973was a lot of fun.

I was about to mention the first ever division title clinching win in 1980 Falcons destroyed the Niners.

Yeah, that game was huge and the fact that it was the ninth game they had won in a row!  What's funny is the Rams and Cowboys played that following Monday Night and the Rams beat Dallas like 38-14 and they squeaked by us the following week in LA by a field goal.  We just knew we were going to kill the Cowboys and we were doing just that, but kind of ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, not to mention that there was some really questionable play calling (running when we should have been throwing, etc.). Oh, we also had home field advantage locked down through the playoffs since we had also beaten the Eagles the week prior to the 49ers game...