Slap in the face...

wdbang

Who is the idiot that created the Falcons $250 marketing strategy?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The stupidest campaign I have ever seen by a team struggling to hold on to a season ticket fan base.

Season ticket holders, people I consider friends, have left after getting crapped on by the Falcons.

The fans put up with the Falcons circus on the field and in the media, but the most resent marketing campaign slaps the season ticket holders in the face and stings more.

The Falcons organization gives the fly by night new fan more respect then the returning lower level or club fan shelling out $600-$999+ per seat.

Ten years ago my ticket was $340. No improvement in the record, 4 head coaches, 4 starting quarterbacks, a new owner and 10 years later the front office believes my ticket is worth 3 times the 1998 price.

Is the market there to price the tickets like this?

Are the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />NEW $250 fans worth more to the Falcons organization then the 30 20 or 10 year season ticket holder that has worked his/her way down to great seats in the lower level?

The current $250 cheep seat give away is a direct slap in the face to any one that did not receive a price cut on there season tickets after sticking it out.

Way to show your thanks to the fans for staying behind your Falcons.

Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Stupid!!!

I have watched so many friends walk away from there tickets this season.

Way to go, to the marketing idiot that designed and implemented the screw the fan base $250 strategy.

So many great screaming load fans and friends gone from the dome, and it would have taken so little to change there minds.

A small price cut to all the fans would have gone a long way.

I have so much excitement for the new coach and players the Falcons are putting on the field, but during the week I pay my season ticket money the frustration boils. Hearing the $250 commercials with Mr. Blanks voice over and over talking about the past personally slapping some of the Falcon faithful in the face does not help.  

SWEET 250 dollar tickets? Im fan for life who happens to live 5 hours away and cant make it to everygame. But for 250, I can have the option of picking/choosing which games I can actually make it to.

Oh wait were you complaining about making tickets more afforadable in a time of economic recession and record gas/food prices?? What an outrage!  :P

Let's see, gas is up, costs of goods are up as a result, the team just had one of the most disgraceful seasons on record for any NFL team (in terms of PR), many fans gave up on their season tickets because of either that certain player is gone or they're disgusted about that certain player, and the waiting list that once existed is now gone.  Arthur is trying to sell seats so that we can be on TV.  I can't fault him there.

Yup, same seat!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just by saying such things shows me you have been a Falcon season ticket holder for only or less then 6 years.

Or

Not at all.

Don't discount your credibility with such posts.

Falcons logic,

Sacrifice the loyal 20+ year season ticket holders and keep ticket prices flat for a fly by night $250 fan.

Stupid!! Stupid!! Stupid!!

The Market must and will reponded to stupid marketing strategies. 

They are just trying to win new fans... reducing current season ticket holders fees would not fill the dome... bringing in new fans now is important to the franchise.

Would you rather the dome be empty and save 100 bucks? Or would you rather fill the stadium and start a new era of the Falcons?

In such hard times why not give relief to all.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After a season with so much drama and changes why not give thanks to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ALL the fans for returning.

Not just the new ones so others can watch the game on T.V.

wdbang (6/13/2008)

Yup, same seat!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just by saying such things shows me you have been a Falcon season ticket holder for only or less then 6 years.

Or

Not at all.

Falcons logic,

Sacrifice the loyal 20+ year season ticket holders and keep ticket prices flat for a fly by night $250 fan.

I really shouldnt enjoy seein this guy get so worked up as much as I do but I cant help myself. Do you really have a problem with the new prices or are you just an angry guy? If you really have been buying season tickets for 20+ years I hope seeing a bunch of new fans doesnt run you off. See you in the disgruntled fan section, ill be screaming my head off somewhere way higher up then you, probably with a nose bleed.

They are just trying to win new fans... reducing current season ticket holders fees would not fill the dome... bringing in new fans now is important to the franchise.

Would you rather the dome be empty and save 100 bucks? Or would you rather fill the stadium and start a new era of the Falcons?

I'd rather save money because it's going to be empty either way.

$250 is the cheapest because they are the worst seats. 

That's not going to be the problem.  It will be the mezzaine, upper level corners, very upper level, and club level seats that will be a tough sell.

If you've been going to the Dome for a while then you'll know what I'm talking about...

I agree that it would be nice to see a price break even on my seats in the 300's.  I have not been able to get to the lower level yet but I am hopefull it will happen in the next few years.  I have also seen people walk away from the more expensive seats.  I also understand how it feels to shell out the money this week.

Having said all that...GO FALCONS!!!

My two year old daughter can now say GO FALCONS and recognizes the logo.:)

You mean helping some people.

I think all tickets in the upper deck behind row 12 are $250.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So,

If you are in row 12 your ticket could be $600, but if you are in row 13 your ticket is $250.

I'm not sure on the prices or exact row the price changes, but the guy 1 row back could be paying $250 while you pay $600.

New fans? New beginning? New team?

I am still the same Falcon fan that has put my butt in my seat year after year for 20+ seasons. 

Some fans come and go, but true good fans are hard to come by. This organization lost many true fans not because of the drama from last season, but when their flat season ticket invoice arrived. A slap in the face.

A price discount helps bring new fans to the Dome, so why wouldn t the same logic keep returning season ticket holders around?

I don t see how saying good bye to some fans after they had tickets for 20+ years is putting fans in seats?

Is the new $250 ticket holder more of a fan then me?

Then why did I not get a discount?

Great, bring in new fans and fill up the Dome and put the game on TV while running off some of the faithful. The new $250 fan will bolt just like the others did.

Why wasn't the discount across the board? Why was my stress from last season discounted?

wdbang (6/13/2008)

You mean helping some people.

I think all tickets in the upper deck behind row 12 are $250.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So,

If you are in row 12 your ticket could be $600, but if you are in row 13 your ticket is $250.

I'm not sure on the prices or exact row the price changes, but the guy 1 row back could be paying $250 while you pay $600.

New fans? New beginning? New team?

I am still the same Falcon fan that has put my butt in my seat year after year for 20+ seasons. 

Some fans come and go, but true good fans are hard to come by. This organization lost many true fans not because of the drama from last season, but when their flat season ticket invoice arrived. A slap in the face.

A price discount helps bring new fans to the Dome, so why wouldn t the same logic keep returning season ticket holders around?

I don t see how saying good bye to some fans after they had tickets for 20+ years is putting fans in seats?

Is the new $250 ticket holder more of a fan then me?

Then why did I not get a discount?

Great, bring in new fans and fill up the Dome and put the game on TV while running off some of the faithful. The new $250 fan will bolt just like the others did.

Why wasn't the discount across the board? Why was my stress from last season discounted?

Then "BUY A CHEEPER SEAT"  :)

I don't blame arthur for trying to sell seats but my family has had season tickets since the team began and when they did that last time they had the cheap seats it drove me crazy because they were clueless as to the flow of the game and how to act as fans.  One particular thing that got under my skin was when a player got hurt and was down for a bit (I can't remember if it was a Falcon or not) but the endzone seats were just hooting and hollering having a great old time.  I just found that disrespectfull to the injured player.

I see some share the same logic as the Falcons. Discount the fly by nights do nothing to keep the faithful fan. Focus on the short term fan and throw the faithful under the bus<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Guess my seat just fell in my lap, and I would be able to get it again. Don t think so. Just leave. I watched many friends, season ticket holders just leave because the prices remained flat this season.

People like Wild Bill will take the easy route and blame the drama. Most fans took a wait and see attitude before canceling season tickets. When no relief was given and Arthur kept tickets flat and advertised it most took it as a slap to their intelligence. A simple discount would have eased this and kept many faithful in their seats.  

All I want is across the board discounts for all.

The concept seems hard for some to understand.

The product has not been .500 for 3 seasons or above .500 for one out of 6 seasons.

I love the Falcons, but the market must respond and show intelligence by voicing disapproval toward stupid unoriginal marketing strategies.

All of us can t act like sheep and let stupid things just slide or let a team take advantage of its faithful fans.

Lots of logic sprinkled thru this thread...  But the core idea of the original poster is correct...

After last season, a $5 or $10 cut in the lowers would have been a very smart move...  The marketing decison to cut uppers only may help with total sales...  But as stated, the high non-renewal rate is killing revenue...

This should not be a "have" and "have not" discussion...

I respect Mr. Blank, but think he got the bum steer on how to approach lagging demand...  IMHO...

Keith Hernandez (6/13/2008)
wdbang (6/13/2008)

Or

Not at all.

Falcons logic,

I really shouldnt enjoy seein this guy get so worked up as much as I do but I cant help myself. Do you really have a problem with the new prices or are you just an angry guy? If you really have been buying season tickets for 20+ years I hope seeing a bunch of new fans doesnt run you off. See you in the disgruntled fan section, ill be screaming my head off somewhere way higher up then you, probably with a nose bleed.

I believe you're missing the man's point.

Certain sections got a price cut for season tickets...while other sections with longer and perhaps more loyal fans who have invested more money in supporting the team..got NO price break at all.

This is kinda like DirecTV giving 4 new HD recievers plus free install to new customers.. while expecting existing customer to pay for the same upgrade.  Its BS.

I agree as well. My season tickets have increased over 100 % since 2003 and I don't even remember what they cost before that. Arthur wants to fill the Dome, but what has he done for the fans that have been long there before MV. At least raise the face value tickets for non season ticket holder to more than $15 over face value.

GrooRules (6/13/2008)
I agree that it would be nice to see a price break even on my seats in the 300's.  I have not been able to get to the lower level yet but I am hopefull it will happen in the next few years.  I have also seen people walk away from the more expensive seats.  I also understand how it feels to shell out the money this week.

Having said all that...GO FALCONS!!!

My two year old daughter can now say GO FALCONS and recognizes the logo.:)

How did you not get into the lower level, there were tons of seats still available there? I went from 5 rows from the top (the very top) to the 14th row from the field. Sure I am in the endzone, but they are till vastly better seats, and next year I will get even closer.