Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krammmit

Michael Vick

32 posts in this topic

Am i the only one who has no clue whats going on with the falcons and Mike "Superman" Vick? He is still on the roster, are we still paying him? I know the 20 Million deal was not given to Vick. But what is really going on? I have heard talk between Arthur Blank and Vick but then again i live nowhere close to Atlanta. SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THE AIR FOR ME. if Vick comes back, i think it would be great for the Falcons. I believe competition is exactly what Ryan needs. Chris Redman doesnt seem to be the biggest challenge after all that happened with the ravens. Dont get me wrong Redmans games with 300+ yards opened my eyes to MAYBE????? If Vick comes back then you have to think about the Vick fans out there which there are many. And maybe theyll give Vick a chance and ticket sales should go WAYYYYY up. We would have alot more National Exposure. And with the money we get from sales we could use next year or use it to do something somewhere. We have to get back to the dog fighting. Yes, that was wrong and dont think im saying its right. Isnt that basically part of the southern culture? When we found out about it we were shocked like anything like this could ever happen. We did the same thing with Ray Lewis in Baltimore a few years ago and look at what happened to him there. he accepted his wrong doings and faced it like a man. He got in there and got it done. Doesnt that sound like someone who owned up and faced the consequences? It seems like the NFL is all about second chances. TO, Moss, Jeremy Bridges, Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Kenny Peterson, Dominic Rhodes, and Pacman just too name a few too many, in the past year alone. Maybe, Vick has been training and comes back as a major force? Please dont think I know everythng i would just like to know as a Vick fan and a Falons fan, WHATS GOING ON????

The "it's southern culture" excuse is unbelievably stupid and BS, and if someone ever gave that excuse to me for doing something as sick and dumb fighting and brutally killing dogs I would punch them in the stomach.

As for Vick? He will probably be cut when he comes back and sign with another team who is desperate for a QB(with the Raiders after Russell busts?) and be out of the league soon after. That is if he ever comes back. Just what I think will most likely happen.

I don't care what anyone says, the falcons are not going to let the vikings or cowboys go to the superbowl with mike vick.

we will become even more of a laughing stock to have listened to close minded conservative people who would not have vick back because he made a stupid mistake.  he started this back when he was 21 years old.

how many of us at 21 years old made stupid decisions that changed the rest of our lives?  Got married to the wrong girls, had children with the wrong people, partied too much, took the wrong jobs.....we have all been there.

we are not millionaires so no body cares about it.

I guarantee you if you look at the court records for the last 10 years, you will find that others have done the same things as vick with NO prosecution!

Pending the trial by the state, vick will be a falcon again. we have 11 mil under the cap we could cut vick this year and move on. Why haven't we.  maybe we are waiting until the uncapped year to do so. 

Is this post is for real ? I will make it very clear for you. Mike Vick will NEVER play another down as an Atlanta Falcon.

LET IT GO AND MOVE ON...Vick is not a Falcon right now, save for the spot on the roster only.  He is an inmate...and he still has a state trial pending. 

Mike Vick is on the roster for one reason only, so we can get some value out of him IF he gets out where he can play.  He still has to pay the piper on State charges, and that trial isn't slated to start until his release from Federal Prison.  Face it, MV7 is most likely done.

those players you mentioned never admitted guilt to felony charges.T.O. has never been in trouble...moss smoked some herb...odell has substance abuse problems...etc.ive lived in the south all my life(48 yrs)ad have never seen a dog fight for sport, its not part of the CULTURE & if you think mr blank is going to endure the critism & circus it would bring by letting him come back ...your sadly mistaken....also, as stated before he has to deal with the state charges when he gets out & then he has to hope the commish will let him come back& thats not a given

Yeah, that's a great way to start your posting history. Get on the message board of a team from the southern part of the United States and ask "Isn't dog fighting a part of the Southern culture?"

You're off to a whiz bang start there Sparky...............:blink:

Wow.

There's NO WAY Vick could come back thanks to the contract they gave Ryan.

You can't have BOTH those guys on the same team playing the SAME position getting paid that much because you can only have 1 QB on the field.

trubirdfan4life (6/13/2008)
I don't care what anyone says, the falcons are not going to let the vikings or cowboys go to the superbowl with mike vick.

we will become even more of a laughing stock to have listened to close minded conservative people who would not have vick back because he made a stupid mistake. he started this back when he was 21 years old.

how many of us at 21 years old made stupid decisions that changed the rest of our lives? Got married to the wrong girls, had children with the wrong people, partied too much, took the wrong jobs.....we have all been there.

I guarantee you if you look at the court records for the last 10 years, you will find that others have done the same thingsas vick with NO prosecution!

Pending thetrial by the state, vick will be a falcon again. we have 11 mil under thecapwe could cut vick this year andmove on. Why haven't we. maybe we are waiting until the uncapped year to do so.

He started it when he was 21? I can see a bad choice at 21, but he kept making that bad choice for the next 8 years.

The Falcon Ace (6/13/2008)
The "it's southern culture" excuse is unbelievably stupid and BS, and if someone ever gave that excuse to me for doing something as sick and dumb fighting and brutally killing dogs I would punch them in the stomach.

As for Vick? He will probably be cut when he comes back and sign with another team who is desperate for a QB(with the Raiders after Russell busts?) and be out of the league soon after. That is if he ever comes back. Just what I think will most likely happen.

Russell's a bust? - Really - your facts?....same ol FalconAce - posting with no merit.  We all know you spew hate for all black QB's.  Why can't Cutler or Schaub be a bust?  Can you say Henne or Flacco for that matter.  Always the brothers.........

trubirdfan4life (6/13/2008)

we will become even more of a laughing stock to have listened to close minded conservative people who would not have vick back because he made a stupid mistake. he started this back when he was 21 years old.

how many of us at 21 years old made stupid decisions that changed the rest of our lives? Got married to the wrong girls, had children with the wrong people, partied too much, took the wrong jobs.....we have all been there.

I guarantee you if you look at the court records for the last 10 years, you will find that others have done the same thingsas vick with NO prosecution!

Pending thetrial by the state, vick will be a falcon again. we have 11 mil under thecapwe could cut vick this year andmove on. Why haven't we. maybe we are waiting until the uncapped year to do so.

Out of all the things I have read on this message board, I have to CERTAINLY co-sign you on this one. You made a great point! But....(there is always one)......due to the contract Ryan got, I don't think Vick's survival as a Falcon is gonna last. Real talk. Also, you don't keep making the same mistakes for 8 years like someone else said.

And to all the people who always like to call players like Vick thugs......you just do not realize how stupid you sound. Nobody is a saint.

Legendary (6/13/2008)

And to all the people who always like to call players like Vick thugs......you just do not realize how stupid you sound. Nobody is a saint.

& few are as dumb (both on the field & off) as vick

For the record, I never called vick (YKW) a thug

Krammmit (6/13/2008)
Am i the only one who has no clue whats going on with the falcons and Mike "Superman" Vick? He is still on the roster, are we still paying him? I know the 20 Million deal was not given to Vick. But what is really going on? I have heard talk between Arthur Blank and Vick but then again i live nowhere close to Atlanta. SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THE AIR FOR ME. if Vick comes back, i think it would be great for the Falcons. I believe competition is exactly what Ryan needs. Chris Redman doesnt seem to be the biggest challenge after all that happened with the ravens. Dont get me wrong Redmans games with 300+ yards opened my eyes to MAYBE????? If Vick comes back then you have to think about the Vick fans out there which there are many. And maybe theyll give Vick a chance and ticket sales should go WAYYYYY up. We would have alot more National Exposure. And with the money we get from sales we could use next year or use it to do something somewhere. We have to get back to the dog fighting. Yes, that was wrong and dont think im saying its right. Isnt that basically part of the southern culture? When we found out about it we were shocked like anything like this could ever happen. We did the same thing with Ray Lewis in Baltimore a few years ago and look at what happened to him there. he accepted his wrong doings and faced it like a man. He got in there and got it done. Doesnt that sound like someone who owned up and faced the consequences? It seems like the NFL is all about second chances. TO, Moss, Jeremy Bridges, Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Kenny Peterson, Dominic Rhodes, and Pacman just too name a few too many, in the past year alone. Maybe, Vick has been training and comes back as a major force? Please dont think I know everythng i would just like to know as a Vick fan and a Falons fan, WHATS GOING ON????

No you are not the only one who has no clue, none of us has a clue what will happen.  What is known is that Vick is in prison and is scheduled to be released, and the VA trial has been prolonged yet again.  Unless he is totally not interested in football, of course he will pursue his football career.  The critical piece is Goodell.

Overall Americans are forgiving.  You already know who the current players are and none of us can predict how the team will play this season. We can hope for the best however. Since you are trying to pick peoples' brains, this MB represents a very small percentage of fan views, you and I know that the final authority does not stop here.

Historically there are many nasty things that happened in the south, but dogfighting is not Southern.  Dogfighting was once legal and promoted, now illegal, is a "sport" that originated in England.  So the bloody (no pun intended) sport belongs to the Brits, they brought the Bull Terriers here and it was legal and endorsed by the United Kennel Club at that time.  As opposition to the cruelty grew dogfighting became illegal and evolved into the underground world's activities.

Vick did not make a mistake

Vick did not have a problem as a youth

Vick did not committ a sin

Vick committed a FELONY. He admitted it. He is in jail for it. He is under indefinite suspension for it. He had multiple chances to straighten up but chose not to.  Please stop trying to minimize what he is in jail for.

xfactor (6/13/2008)
Is this post is for real ? I will make it very clear for you. Mike Vick will NEVER play another down as an Atlanta Falcon.
That's about as clear as it can get.

splitstream (6/13/2008)
Doesn't he play for that team wearin' the orange jumpsuits?

WE NEVER WANNA SEE THAT THUG IN ATLANTA AGAIN!

Does anyone have any actually funny jokes about Vick? Every #####ing one I have heard, from dog fighting jokes to prison jokes has been so udderly stupid that I feel embarrased for the people who make them up.

On a lighter note, does anyone know if he was admitted to the substance abuse program or not?

scott hartley (6/13/2008)
splitstream (6/13/2008)

Does anyone have any actually funny jokes about Vick? Every #####ing one I have heard, from dog fighting jokes to prison jokes has been so udderly stupid that I feel embarrased for the people who make them up.

On a lighter note, does anyone know if he was admitted to the substance abuse program or not?

I live in KC which is just down the road from Leavenworth so we usually get updates on the radio from time to time.  It's been awhile since I've heard about Vick but a few weeks ago I heard that he hadn't started the substance program yet. 

For those of you who don't know, the whole "Vick playing football in prison" rumor got started because a local sports radio host (Stephen St. John - 810 AM) had a cousin who was doing a roofing job near the prison and saw Vick tossing a ball around.  He mentioned it on the radio and the whole thing got blown out of proportion. 

Bill Cox (6/13/2008)
scott hartley (6/13/2008)
splitstream (6/13/2008)

I live in KC which is just down the road from Leavenworth so we usually get updates on the radio from time to time.  It's been awhile since I've heard about Vick but a few weeks ago I heard that he hadn't started the substance program yet. 

For those of you who don't know, the whole "Vick playing football in prison" rumor got started because a local sports radio host (Stephen St. John - 810 AM) had a cousin who was doing a roofing job near the prison and saw Vick tossing a ball around.  He mentioned it on the radio and the whole thing got blown out of proportion. 

thanks

if you have read the cap hit or whatever that said financially it would be better to let him go in 2010 then think on this. forget about off the field issues. If we have a good combo in norwood and turner does any1 think another good tandum between vick and ryan, you could use vick in a few ways. we could run a play similar to what we ran last year in a name i will not mention. i think u stop questioning things done in the past and focus on what could be done for the competition. im still set on the competition factor. look at Montana and Young.

Just to clear one thing up: I am from the south and it dang sure wasn't part of my culture. People should quit using the "being from the south" argument when discussing dog fighting.