You hear that about most of the draft picks...

5 rd pick Robert James out of Arizona state.How is he doin in mini camp?

What position is he goin play?

James is an undersized guy who struggles when teams run at him because he isn't big or strong enough to anchor. But he is quick enough to make plays in the backfield and has the ability to develop and play in man-to-man coverage.

Nick Named "the Beast" or something but I found this

to be a special teams pick, which I don't think you draft

a guy specifically to play special teams. I am with you

about learning more about him because I found the pick

to be a head scratcher. He may get a look at safety. The

team Bio says he was a track guy in high school. He came

to college as a safety.

Darius Davis (6/12/2008)
5 rd pick Robert James out of Arizona state.How is he doin in mini camp?

What position is he goin play?

James is an undersized guy who struggles when teams run at him because he isn't big or strong enough to anchor. But he is quick enough to make plays in the backfield and has the ability to develop and play in man-to-man coverage.

He could be a linebacker in the nickel package.Boley on one side james the other.

Here are a couple of Dimitroff quotes on linebacker Robert James:

A: He s a smaller run-and-hit linebacker at 226 pounds. This guy is a WILL linebacker type who will help us shore up our special teams. We think Robert James will be a nice addition on defense and will play hard on special teams. He ll make some nice plays for us.

Q: Will Robert James be moved to safety, or stay at linebacker?

A: As it stands now, he will play linebacker. His special teams ability is what stood out for us. I don t know if you all picked this up, but he s nicknamed the beast. He s one of those relentless guys, who pins his ears back, flies around and has a passion for the game. We went and worked him out, and we were quite impressed with the way he moves around. We got him on the board, and everything worked out well for him.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article..._Up_042708.aspx

Great special teams guys are good to have. Jarrod Cooper flew around and set the tone for the entire team on special teams for a few years with us, he limited the other teams' field position and got everyone jacked up with the way he played. Just make sure this guy isn't a pothead too, and he should do good things for you.