Possible Free Agents for 2009

pured-hallfan (6/12/2008)
solidx (6/12/2008)
im surprised noone has mentioned Julius Peppers with all the "jamaal anderson is a bust" talk..

Can yall imagine Abe and Peppers

Peppers seemed real off last year he may be done.

i think that's a little extreme, he had a bad year, that doesn't mean that he's done though

ballin in atl (6/12/2008)
pured-hallfan (6/12/2008)
solidx (6/12/2008)
im surprised noone has mentioned Julius Peppers with all the "jamaal anderson is a bust" talk..

Can yall imagine Abe and Peppers

Peppers seemed real off last year he may be done.

i think that's a little extreme, he had a bad year, that doesn't mean that he's done though

He had 2 and a half sacks more then Jamaal Anderson.

That's bad.

Here's a list:

You can take off Terrel Owens,Marion Barber and Will Smith,this is  like a few weeks old.

1. Julius Peppers, Panthers defensive end - Coming off a down year, but teams pay premium for pass rushers.

2. Steven Jackson, Rams running back - Hard to imagine St. Louis parting ways with its most popular player.

3. Tommie Harris, Bears defensive tackle - Talks on a long-term contract hit a standstill last month.

4. Marion Barber, Cowboys running back - Last season, one NFC coach said Barber is an elite back in the same class as LaDainian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson. Now he wants to be paid that way.

5. Chris Snee, Giants guard - At a time when interior offensive linemen are cashing in, the son-in-law of Giants coach Tom Coughlin is going to cash in.

6. Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders cornerback - Oakland plans to franchise him again if he remains unsigned, which is a distinct possibility.

7. Albert Haynesworth, Titans defensive tackle - Tennessee wouldn t let Haynesworth leave this offseason, and its stance is unlikely to change.

8. Terrell Owens, Cowboys wide receiver - At the age of 34, T.O. is performing like he were 24.

9. Will Smith, Saints defensive end - New Orleans defensive end Charles Grant got his money and Smith intends to do the same.

10. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals wide receiver - Still waiting for his first big-money deal.

the blue chip guys (peppers, harris) will never hit the open market, but if they did they would be worth breaking the bank on, especially tommie harris. i don't think there's much question that DT is this team's biggest need right now. but that's probably a pipe dream...

as for the non-elite talent, i have no idea. i like a lot of the names in there, but i don't know who's a good fit for our current system and who isn't. tauscher's getting old, but he might be an option if weiner isn't still around in a year.