Patience is a Virtue, and will be needed as a Falcons fan

Andrew

Hey everyone,

Just getting back into the swing of things with the MB. I used to be AHirsh00 on the old boards, but left once the "controversy" broke out last year and the boards became insane. Everything seems great now, and I'm ready to post with frequency again.

The Falcons truly are turning everything around. Our new GM is the right man for the job, and we have one of the best coaching staffs the Birds have ever had, if not the best. After last year, change was necessary and Blank got it done. I'm really excited about the future, but the re-building will take time. I've been a member on the AFMB for over four years, and I know that about five games into the 2008-2009 season, everyone will be panicking. Next year will be incredibly rough. It might even be as bad as last, but it has to happen. Just look at our roster. How many guys on there can you count that you hadn't heard of until the Falcons signed them? Icons like Crumpler, Vick, and Dunn will never wear Falcon black and red ever again. We are basically starting as an expansion team, and the process will be borderline agonizing. The past three seasons we have expected greatness and have been delivered a less-than-expected product. The disappointment is what triggers the knee jerk reactions and "the sky is falling" mentality. We take a lot of crap as a fan base and need to understand that the Super Bowl parade we all dream of will have to wait at least three more seasons. All I ask is for everyone to hang in there and support your team through the worst of times. Get your butt to the games and fill those seats. Unfortunately I currently live in Boston, but I was at the final game of last season and the amount of empty seats was incredibly disappointing. If you get behind your guys now it will be that much sweeter a few years down the road when we will be winning lots of football games.

Andrew (6/12/2008)
Hey everyone,

Just getting back into the swing of things with the MB. I used to be AHirsh00 on the old boards, but left once the "controversy" broke out last year and the boards became insane. Everything seems great now, and I'm ready to post with frequency again.

The Falcons truly are turning everything around. Our new GM is the right man for the job, and we have one of the best coaching staffs the Birds have ever had, if not the best. After last year, change was necessary and Blank got it done. I'm really excited about the future, but the re-building will take time. I've been a member on the AFMB for over four years, and I know that about five games into the 2008-2009 season, everyone will be panicking. Next year will be incredibly rough. It might even be as bad as last, but it has to happen. Just look at our roster. How many guys on there can you count that you hadn't heard of until the Falcons signed them? Icons like Crumpler, Vick, and Dunn will never wear Falcon black and red ever again. We are basically starting as an expansion team, and the process will be borderline agonizing. The past three seasons we have expected greatness and have been delivered a less-than-expected product. The disappointment is what triggers the knee jerk reactions and "the sky is falling" mentality. We take a lot of crap as a fan base and need to understand that the Super Bowl parade we all dream of will have to wait at least three more seasons. All I ask is for everyone to hang in there and support your team through the worst of times. Get your butt to the games and fill those seats. Unfortunately I currently live in Boston, but I was at the final game of last season and the amount of empty seats was incredibly disappointing. If you get behind your guys now it will be that much sweeter a few years down the road when we will be winning lots of football games.

how much patience you thinking about,3 to 5 yrs is my thoughts

Andrew (6/12/2008)
Hey everyone,

good post and its good to have you back man. i will be attending at least one road game (dec 21st in minny) and possibly the mid october game in lambeau. ill be in wisconsin for college so i wont be attending any home games i dont think. but i will gladly rep the red and black on the road (where frankly it takes more guts to do it anyways haha ;) ) like i always have when i have the chance to do so.

consistentfalcon (6/12/2008)
lizardking (6/12/2008)
WHAT makes anyone think the Falcons are turning it around?

my point exactly, i hope they dont break their arm patting themselves on the back with all that lip service because the actions go into motion in sept and i doub the opponents have any sympathy for the foulcons

CONSISTENT, IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE WE WON'T BE HEARING FROM YOU. WHEN A VULTURE DISCOVERS THAT SOMETHING IS VERY MUCH ALIVE, AND SHOWING NO SIGNS OF DEATH BEING IMMINATE, IT JUST FLYS AWAY ............. YOU'LL BE FLYING AWAY SOON.

REV.2000 (6/12/2008)
lizardking (6/12/2008)

my point exactly, i hope they dont break their arm patting themselves on the back with all that lip service because the actions go into motion in sept and i doub the opponents have any sympathy for the foulcons

CONSISTENT, IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE WE WON'T BE HEARING FROM YOU. WHEN A VULTURE DISCOVERS THAT SOMETHING IS VERY MUCH ALIVE, AND SHOWING NO SIGNS OF DEATH BEING IMMINATE, IT JUST FLYS AWAY ............. YOU'LL BE FLYING AWAY SOON.

on there next winning season you'll be excited as all get out but dont forget its followed by 3 to 4 losing season. if you dont believe me look it up. dont take this the wrong way , its one thing to be optimistic its another to be foolish. you should force them to earn your respect, ive seen many a folks lose alot of $$$ betting on these foulcons, and others betting against them rolling in dough.the fans are so hungry for success they are willing to believe anything that gives them hope. you can have a win on the war of words but they still have to play the games and well, if you followed them long enough you know the story

Andrew (6/12/2008)
Hey everyone,

how much patience you thinking about,3 to 5 yrs is my thoughts

It really depends on what expectation one wishes to reach. If it is a team that will win and make a playoff push, it's going to be 2-3 years from now. If it is a team that can make a Super Bowl run, it's going to be about 3-5 years. We are building a strong foundation. The plethora of draft picks and young talented men on the Falcons will pay dividends in the future. Thanks for all the responses.

REV.2000 (6/12/2008)
lizardking (6/12/2008)

on there next winning season you'll be excited as all get out but dont forget its followed by 3 to 4 losing season. if you dont believe me look it up. dont take this the wrong way , its one thing to be optimistic its another to be foolish. you should force them to earn your respect, ive seen many a folks lose alot of $$$ betting on these foulcons, and others betting against them rolling in dough.the fans are so hungry for success they are willing to believe anything that gives them hope. you can have a win on the war of words but they still have to play the games and well, if you followed them long enough you know the story

DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL OF YOUR ANTI-FALCONS COMMENTARY IS GOING TO EARN TOU RESPECT FROM AN NFL FRANCHISE? IF THE STORY IS AS BAD AS YOU PAINT, WHY NOT JUST GET YOU ANOTHER TEAM. YOU HAVE 31 TO PICK FROM. WHY RAIN ON OUR PARADE? YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT A FAN DOES. WE ROOT FOR OUR TEAM. IF WE'RE ON A 3 GAME WINNING STREEK .... WE ROOT. IF BE ARE ON A 3 YEAR LOSING SEASON .... WE ROOT. YOU HAVE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO ..... ROOT. THIS IS OUR TEAM, AND WE ROOT FOR IT. WIN....OR....LOSE ...... WE ROOT!

DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL OF YOUR ANTI-FALCONS COMMENTARY IS GOING TO EARN TOU RESPECT FROM AN NFL FRANCHISE? IF THE STORY IS AS BAD AS YOU PAINT, WHY NOT JUST GET YOU ANOTHER TEAM. YOU HAVE 31 TO PICK FROM. WHY RAIN ON OUR PARADE? YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT A FAN DOES. WE ROOT FOR OUR TEAM. IF WE'RE ON A 3 GAME WINNING STREEK .... WE ROOT. IF BE ARE ON A 3 YEAR LOSING SEASON .... WE ROOT. YOU HAVE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO ..... ROOT. THIS IS OUR TEAM, AND WE ROOT FOR IT. WIN....OR....LOSE ...... WE ROOT!

i believe i wont be rewarding poor performance , so what i'm saying is this,if them over paid owners, coaches ,players want my $$$$$$$ they will earn it and in there current state thats not gonna get it. imo thats whats wrong with this franchise, the fans keep rewarding poor performance therefore they keep getting the same doseage of what they've been fed before. now you know what they mean when you hear the phrase poor performance is rewarding, theres no demand for any improvment.the foulcons think they are doing a good job because fans like yourself wont raise the bar, instead they make excuse after excuse to justify the performance.i bet if you performed at your job the way this team does you wouldnt have a job for too long.with your root, root ,root slogan that may sound ok if your a child cheerleader.you make it sound as if loyality is a must, but let me say this as a helpful hint. if they rolled up a catturd in sugar and told you it was a tootsie roll, i sure hope youd know the difference

Andrew (6/12/2008)
Hey everyone,

All true Falcon Fans, who've been rooting the team on since we were in diapers know that a REAL Falcon fan is the most patient fanatic in the country.  We've waited year after year after year for a winning team to just put back to back winning seasons together.  I think we will be fine, all we have to do is forget about PUKETRINO and move on. The future is bright and I know I'm excited!

SouthernGritz'n'AK (6/13/2008)
Andrew (6/12/2008)
Hey everyone,

All true Falcon Fans, who've been rooting the team on since we were in diapers know that a REAL Falcon fan is the most patient fanatic in the country.  We've waited year after year after year for a winning team to just put back to back winning seasons together.  I think we will be fine, all we have to do is forget about PUKETRINO and move on. The future is bright and I know I'm excited!

i dont think petrino was the problem

consistentfalcon (6/13/2008)

i believe i wont be rewarding poor performance , so what i'm saying is this,if them over paid owners, coaches ,players want my $$$$$$$ they will earn it and in there current state thats not gonna get it. imo thats whats wrong with this franchise, the fans keep rewarding poor performance therefore they keep getting the same doseage of what they've been fed before. now you know what they mean when you hear the phrase poor performance is rewarding, theres no demand for any improvment.the foulcons think they are doing a good job because fans like yourself wont raise the bar, instead they make excuse after excuse to justify the performance.i bet if you performed at your job the way this team does you wouldnt have a job for too long.with your root, root ,root slogan that may sound ok if your a child cheerleader.you make it sound as if loyality is a must, but let me say this as a helpful hint. if they rolled up a catturd in sugar and told you it was a tootsie roll, i sure hope youd know the difference

im gonna predict a 3-13 season