anyone know all our rookie madden 09 ratings

360 is best by far.My friend has a ps3 and he is selling it and getting a Xbox and this is just for madden and sports games i'm not sure what is best for other type games,i play wow and madden and that's pretty much it.

ballin in atl (6/11/2008)
bucman (6/11/2008)
drknow (6/11/2008)

How do you like that? I was wondering which system I would rather buy.

in my opinion, unless you want blu-ray, get the 360, it has better shooter games that are xbox exclusive.

I know the Software for the PS3 isn't the best right now... Thanks for the input:D

bucman (6/11/2008)
drknow (6/11/2008)

in my opinion, unless you want blu-ray, get the 360, it has better shooter games that are xbox exclusive.

PS3-blu-ray, free online, PS2 games compatible, controller can be converted, NBA LIVE 08 is the most realistic basketball game since.....period on PS3.

nk

Ive always like the feel of Playstation better than Xbox. The only thing PS3 doesnt have over xbox is graphics by a slim margin.

Stryka (6/11/2008)
bucman (6/11/2008)
drknow (6/11/2008)

PS3-blu-ray, free online, PS2 games compatible, controller can be converted, NBA LIVE 08 is the most realistic basketball game since.....period on PS3.

nk

Ive always like the feel of Playstation better than Xbox. The only thing PS3 doesnt have over xbox is graphics by a slim margin.

those are both things that xbox have so why would you include that? i dont even know what youre talking about with the controller can be converted thing though

It sucks you have to pay for x-box live but at the same time it allows you to get downloadable content for some games.  More cars and tracks for Forza 2.  More maps for Halo and Call of Duty 4.

And GTA 4 supposedly is going to have a big one too...  I think it's going to be similar to an expansion pack for a PC game.

bucman (6/11/2008)
Ive always been a playstation guy, But All i hear is how much better Xbox is. The games are cheaper, better, And there are more of them... Plus I hear that the online play for the PS3 is trash!

a couple of my friend's have ps3 and they have told me this. I even have one friend who had a ps3 but went out and bought a 360 because he didnt like the ps3

Here is my HONEST, UNBIASED opinion concerning the consoles.

You need to see what you are buying a platform for. If its PURELY for gaming (the reason for most people) then the 360 is by far the best option. PS3 gaming is absolutely abysmal. If a game is realeased for both systems i have always preferred playing them on my 360 vs my ps3. when it comes to online play, sure you have to pay for xbox live and i know that sucks, but ps3 online is probably the worse garbage i've ever seen. the community is so desolate and omg it lags horrifically for me. Achievements on xbox always keep games interesting to me. THey may seem stupid to most ppl, especially the ps3 advocates but i find its a cool thing, to have a gamerscore and all. and even if only a little, it makes you feel like your moving towards something when playing games lol :)

However here is where you may prefer a ps3, if you do a lot of multimedia. There are a lot of firmware adjustments you can make with the ps3 to make it an amazing theatre centerpiece. the ps3 has a good upscaler compared to 360, not to mention a blu ray player.

in the end you need to see what your buying the system for. gaming is the main reason and i think ps3 is a letdown, the games suck and any good titles can be found on 360, and PLAY better on 360 (both GTA 4 and Resident Evil 5 are/will be on both consoles, but most likely better on 360) unless you care about metal gear solid 4 or final fantasy, then ps3 has NOTHING on 360.

my $.02

sarlaac food (6/13/2008)
if you're a baseball fan, it's worth getting a PS3 for MLB 08: The Show alone....

I have a 360, and while MLB 2k8 is serviceable, it's not really great....

also, Bierman looks pretty good

76 OVR 77 SPD 80 STR

I'm not even a baseball fan, but that game looked so good I was going to buy it. Haven't seen it in stores over here recently. But it is out there.